Fire Temple [BP, Tsub and Knog]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Blonde Panther, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Fire Temple

Laurel Veranius, the magic fencer (2/5/2) [Blonde Panther] Reward: Two-person carriage (Vehicle- Land, drawn), +15 Rupees.
    Sir Callad Bolge, Knight Errant (3/2/2) [Knight of G] Reward: +40 Rupees
    TJ Fireslap, G-unit Goron (5/3/1) [Tsubori] Reward: Helm Splitter, +25 Rupees.
    Music for this Dungeon Thread.

Subterranean Lava Dragon
    Volvagia

As if the searing heat and awfully bad footing weren't bad enough, there had to be a damn dragon in here, as well. Laurel quickly ducked to a side, charging an Arcane Bolt between her hands. She looked up, at the red, serpentine, helmeted dragon soaring about the ceiling, slamming its front claws into the stalactites and sending them plummeting to the ground, where its four targets were.

Laurel was quite possibly the most out-of-place one of the four. Two of her companions were Gorons, although one was more afraid of the dragon than preparing to land hits on it, and the last was a severely wounded man who looked to know exactly how that sword was supposed to be used. Laurel, on the other hand, was unarmored, unprotected from the heat, and didn't look to be properly equipped to do battle with a freaking dragon.

Didn't look to be. When Volvagia came down from the ceiling, apparently out of Stalactites to drop at them, Laurel shouted a quick incantation and slung an Arcane Bolt at it. Her spell hit home, but the dragon seemed unfazed by it. "Well?!" she shouted to the Gorons and the man, "Are the three of you going to DO something?"
  2. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Agh! Shut it lass!" Sir Callad managed, trying to keep off his left leg. The dragon had clawed the outside of his thigh, and blood was sheeting down the leg, staining his pants, making his boots squish. His heavy cloak wasn't helping with the heat, but he couldn't bring himself to take it off. He sheathed his sword and strung his shortbow, hobbling out of the way of two falling rock cones.

"Damn... Dragon...," Callad cursed. The beast wasn't flying low enough, and he couldn't lift his right arm high enough, to get a good shot on the beast. "Just a little... lower...," he muttered. The fire serpent finally got low enough. He let the arrow fly.

It sailed passed the dragon's head, getting set alight as it passed an inch behind the dragon's head. He let off another shot further down its body, but the arrow just bounced off.

He changed position, somersaulting away from where he had been and barely standing again. The burning mane trailing the dragon... That gave him an idea. "It's coming down again!" he warned the other three as he unstrung his bow and put it away.
  3. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

"Oh yeah baby! Bring the heat!" TJ yelled jovially as he jumped to evade a fiery blast from Volvagia. "I'unno what all y'all are goin' crazy about, this salamander on 'roids ain't got nothin' on the stories!" 

TJ jumped up with his roc's feather, smashing a tail section of the dragon with a Goron punch. Volvagia roared out, surely feeling the attack. It snapped it's tail, sending TJ falling and smashing his back on the ground below. "I see how it is, li'l bitch got some moves!"

TJ got up, ready to fight, but Volvalgia had other plans. It flew itself into one of the many lava pits around the floor of the room, vanishing from view. "A'ight, all y'all on yo' toes now! His game just went from fireball archery to peekaboo."
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    It was hopeless. Laurel ran her arm across her forehead, wiping the sweat off for what had to be the thirtieth time now. The biggest Goron seemed to be enjoying himself, unlike the knight whose moodset was slightly more appropriate to the situation, much like her own. Sadly, his sneering at her served to amplify her bad mood. "Don't get mad at me! Spare your breath for the dragon!"

Enraged, she made a throwing motion with her right arm, tossing an Arcane Bolt at the rumbling one of the nine lava pits. Volvagia popped up, swiping its long mane around itself and... deflecting her spell? "Aack!" Laurel slapped the bolt of magic again, the impact sending the spell back to Volvagia and her backwards, where the little Goron firmly grabbed her arm so she wouldn't fall off the edge.

When the spell hit the beast, it roared in pain as its helmet cracked. Apparently Laurel's rage fuelled the pain output of her spells. "GET IT!" she shouted, "Kill it while it's stunned! Do I have to do everything myself!?"
  5. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Acting quickly, the knight tucked his left hand into his bomb bag, grabbed his sword's pommel in his right, and then yanked both up. He wound his left arm back, and then tossed the bomb, his sword at last unsheathed. He quickly shifted his sword to his left hand and hobbled towards the dragon.

The bomb hit the mane of fire close to its head and exploded, though the fire wouldn't do too much damage. However, the force of it was as a hammer's strike to that mask it wore. The beast writhed, letting out an ear-splitting shriek, and proceeded to bathe the area in front of it, from which Sir Callad would have stabbed it in the face, in flames. Needless to say, he retreated.

"Any more abrasive quips?" he muttered, too low for any but he to hear. He was near the littler goron and the woman again. The woman's quips and the attitude of the large goron weren't good for his own. Not to mention... his leg?

He couldn't feel it any more.

"Not... good...," he managed, falling to his knees.
  6. Tsubori

TJ was ready for attack from any angle, but when the dragon focused it's fire on his less flame resistant teammates. Laurel was still nagging and Callad had fallen. Not good. Any casualty on his side meant a defeat, regardless of outcome. 

In the time it took for TJ to analyze the scene, Volvagia had reared back, releasing a torrent of fire towards Callad. TJ forewent his attack on Volvagia, leaping between the creature and his defenseless companion. Flames danced around his body as, despite his stone skin, he yelled out in agonizing pain. When the attack ended, TJ grabbed Callad by the shoulders and used his roc's feather to leap to safety near the entrance of the room. "Come on mo'fucka! No time for a full pep talk so pick yo' ass up and let's kill this oversized lizard!" 

TJ then turned back to Laurel. "Yo sweet thang! How's the dragon fight goin'? Wanna tag out yet?"
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Thank the Golden Goddesses, Laurel thought when Volvagia breathed fire over TJ. She heard his screams, but at least, unlike the two Hylians in this battle, he would survive standing right in the middle of it. "Don't insult me," she snapped at the largest Goron, "There's no time for witty quips!"

One more Arcane Bolt... Between her earlier spell and the knight's bomb, one more Arcane Bolt ought to do it... raising her right hand, she started forming the bolt, slightly bigger than she was used to. And then, when Volvagia emerged once more, she threw the bolt.

It hit home, right on one of the bigger cracks in Volvagia's helmet. The steel gave way and shattered, sending rather large parts of shrapnel in all directions and baring the dragon's face.

Enraged, Volvagia now soared straight at Laurel and rather than breathing fire at the sorceress, it lashed out with a claw. The sound of bone on steel resounded around them, as Laurel managed to deflect the beast's nails with her rapier. Immediately afterwards, though, she found herself on the ground, her weapon several feet away from her.

The impact had sent mage and sword in opposite directions. Neither were beyond salvation, for Laurel started crawling to her feet, the pain from the impact with the floor and the dragon numbed by a rush of adrenaline, but if Volvagia attacked her again she'd have a problem.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Damn it, move aside!" Callad commanded, limping to the edge and leaping off, towards the platform. His sword was pointed straight for where that monstrous dragon's head would be as it circled the arena from midair. "Here's hoping this works!" he muttered, falling.

Thank the Goddesses, it did! The point of his blade passed through the dragon's brain, and his weight drove the beast into the ground, sending the knight on its head a new tide of pain racing through his injured leg.

His blade firmly staked through the dragon's head and into the ground as its body writhed behind it. Slowly, fire began to take the body from the inside. Callad removed his blade, sheathing it on his right hip. "I really hope someone here has something to fix my leg," the knight uttered, teetering on his knees. He was cold, despite his cloak.

Somehow he knew that was a bad thing...
  9. Tsubori

TJ jumped down, using a hand to support Callad. “Yeah man! That’s how ya’ take on a dragon!” The goron nodded over to Laurel and Cory. “Yo, sweet thang and little G, y’all doin’ okay over there?” He looked at the remains of Volvagia, then to he door out of the room. “A’ight guys. That’s one dead lizard. Man, that thing’s come back like a damn cockroach e’ry time we have somebody pummel it’s ass. Now we’ve got a job to do, right?”
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The smaller Goron had picked up Laurel's rapier and returned it to her as the men dealt the final blows to Volvagia. As the dragon burnt up, Laurel started to compose herself, slowly and carefully pulling her hair from her sweaty face for what she hoped would be the last time in this place. She then conjured up a small ribbon to tie it together to increase her chances of it actually being the last time.

"I'm going to tell you one more time, TJ," she said, still annoyed but now feeling a lot more reasonable than during the battle, "My name is 'Laurel.' Call me 'sweet thing' again and I'm giving you the same treatment that dragon got." She then walked over to Callad, trying to gauge the damage to his leg without touching it.

The little Goron followed behind her, seemingly trying to hide behind her. He mumbled something Laurel couldn't tell apart, but then came forward and pulled a small jar from his sack. He put it next to Callad. "It's Red Potion..." he said, quietly, "It should help."

While Callad helped himself to the restorative, Laurel's attention was drawn to the door through which they had entered. It was clear that the little one's (Rubley was his name) father was not in this chamber, so they would have to go back and take a different route- "...well, aren't we in trouble."

When Volvagia died, its landing had caused an earthshock they had probably missed because of the drama with Callad's leg and TJ's speech pattern. The temple had sure taken notice of it though. The entrance to the chamber was completely blocked off by large debris.

NPC (open)
    Name:Rubley.
    Race: Goron.
    PWC: 3/2/2
    Treasures: Stone Skin, Goron Punch, 2 Red Potions (1 remaining), Chill Seed Supply, Seed Shooter.

A young Goron whose father has gone missing after venturing into the Fire Temple. He saved up a modest allowance to ask TJ, Laurel, and Callad for help in finding his parent and only family.
  11. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Callad picked up the bottle of red potion and opened it, dipping his fingers in it and preparing himself for the worst part. He set the jar down gently and laid down on his left side. His fingers were dripping red, and he pressed them into his jagged wound.

The burning began immediately after, but he pressed onward, gingerly rubbing the red potion off and into the wound, getting them covered in red blood instead. He removed his fingers and immediately downed the remainder of the potion, and the healing began in earnest. He had to bite his fingers as the flesh re-knitted itself, which was unbearably itchy.

After around thirty seconds, Callad relaxed and got to his feet, testing his newly re-knit flesh. He took a big drink from his waterskin (which no adventurer left home without), for he'd suddenly become thirsty beyond reason.

"Ah...," Callad sighed, regaining his good humor. "That's much better."
  12. Tsubori

TJ looked towards the exit, seeing all the rubble that laid there. "You guys patch up the dragonslaya' here. Imma see if I can dig our way outta here. This shit's cozy for me, but you Hylian's don't do well with being stuck in this heat for long." 

He leapt up to all the rubble, pulling away rocks. He eventually started throwing Goron punches, and eventually Fireslaps. "Throwin' in the personal touch! Fi'aSLAP!"

With each punch, more and more rocks were cleared, but the area rumbled with each hit. Who knew how long it'd last before the place came down.
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Laurel and Rubley watched as Callad treated his wound, relieved that he wasn't going to die here. He'd sure made it look like he was going to, so him recovering was a relief. While Rubley helped him get up, Laurel turned around to TJ. "Don't do that," she said, "If you keep that up this entire place is going to come down on our heads. I think we're better off finding a different way out."

"I think I know," Rubley said, pointing up. "The door up there should lead further into the temple. Maybe we can find my dad if we go that way..." Right. Their task was not to get out of here, but to get out of here with Rubley's father. "Sir Bolge, can you walk?"

Laurel in the meanwhile walked up in the direction Rubley had pointed out. She didn't see a door up there, but she supposed the boy knew what he was talking about. "Urgh..." she rubbed her forehead. Volvagia may have been gone, but she could tell there was still something evil further in the temple. She was very sensitive to its presence.
  14. Tsubori

TJ stopped hitting the walls and heard Laurel say the whole place was going to come down. He saw Rubley point out the alternate passage and with his far extended height, indeed saw a door. He grabbed at one last rock from the pile and instead of throwing or hitting it, he took a massive bite. "Man, you taste like shit anyway. No flavor." 

He chucked the remainder of the rock over his shoulder, then went down to the other three, putting his roc's feather behind his ear. He then got down on all fours. "A'ight e'rybody! Hop on and hold the rock that looks like its gonna best keep ya' from gettin' yo ass thrown from the Fireslap express!"
  15. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Well, Callad's good mood was dimmed as he clambered onto the larger goron's back. "At least the dragon's dead. How deep in the mountain are we?" He looked at the door. He sensed some evil waiting for him further on. What's out there?

((OOC: Sorry about the super lateness of this post.))
  16. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    When TJ bent forward, telling the others to grab onto his back, Laurel hesitated, but then helped Rubley get on. She had plenty of experience in horseback riding, as the stallion outside would confirm, but something told her this would be vastly different. She took place amongst the men, grabbing on as well as she could, and waited for the Goron to start moving.

"Fairly deep, I would say," she said to Callad, "But I'm afraid we might have to go deeper still. There's more evil in this place... and I have the uncanny feeling we need to get rid of it before we can find the man we came to find..."
  17. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Mn. Right," the Hylian ex-soldier replied. He braced himself for the change of motion he'd undergo once this insanely annoying Goron leaped. "I suppose opening that door is the surest way to find out what awaits us, then," he muttered, exceedingly displeased with the situation.
  18. Tsubori

TJ waited until everyone was on his back, then stood up, charging his Pegasus boots until he sprung forward at high speed, jumping with his roc’s feather. The combined effect gave him the lift and forward momentum needed to get them onto the platform that was above. He slid to a stop, the floor rumbling from the landing. “Please keep yo’ hands an’ feet on top of the badass mo’fucka ‘till he comes to a complete stop.”

He finally got back onto his stomach to let them dismount. “I hope you enjoyed yo’ ride on the Fireslap express. Please dismount in an orderly fashion and have a great day kickin’ evil ass.”
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.