Fire Emblem RP Subforum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Blonde Panther, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay. I've brought this up in the CBox, but obviously not everyone was on at the time, and I can't explain everything I want to in the utter SPEED of that place. So I'll just make a thread for it.

The gist of it is, I and many others are (former) members of Fire Emblem Planet, a site some of you may know for its resources for the Fire Emblem series, but less may be familiar with its roleplaying boards. Velyoukai, the ex-head moderator of one of these boards, has retired from his former position and secretly set to work on a whole new board, from scratch. The problem is that FEP is currently a less than ideal location to host this RP due to the inactive and negative attitude of the community there.

I suggested that Vel could try and host his RP here, on HC, instead. I have already discussed this with both him and Toko, the former of which seems optimistic about the possibility and the latter of which has approved, allowing us to use a fresh subforum for it.

*~PLEASE NOTE~*
    Show Spoiler
    - Most of this RP is already planned out or being written down. We have our system, we have our setting, we have the start of our plot, we have our classes. We may be open to suggestions, but please respect that we have been working on this since the late winter/early spring and we're not too willing to throw our hard work out of the window.

- Vel will be head moderator for this RP, and I will be in charge of approving profiles. I do not know who Vel is going to bring with him or if he even has or wants additional mod help. Do not contact me for this, contact him as soon as he gets an account on this site.

- I will NOT hand out any more spoilers and information than I do in this thread unless specifically given leave to do so by Vel. Requests for this will be IGNORED. DEMANDS will be ignored HARDER.

*~Setting~*
    Show Spoiler
    - For a setting for this RP, we will use the continent of Magvel, from Sacred Stones (FE8. For those of you bad with the title and the number, that's the game starring Eirika and her twin brother Ephraim). However, we are not RPing during or after the events of the game. Instead, we are backing up several hundred years to before the events told of in the game's prologue. As in, the Sacred Stones have not yet been bestowed upon Mankind and the Demon King has not yet appeared.

- Looking at a current map of the continent will not help you. Proto-Magvel is vastly different from current Magvel, with different countries. I can't say too much about it right now- the last tidbits of information are being written up as we speak.

*~System~*
    Show Spoiler
    - Fire Emblem as a game series uses different classes with their own unique perks and disadvantages. Mages can use magic, but are extremely weak against physical weaponry, cavaliers are balanced horsemen weak to horseslaying weapons, Knights are physical walls who are decimated by magic, etc. We will be using these same classes with the same advantages and the same disadvantages. Our classes, for both first and second tier, will either be taken directly from Sacred Stones, or heavily based upon the classes available in it and other FE games. This class list in FINISHED, could do with some polishing but will undergo no further changes.

- Additionally, Fire Emblem uses a levelling system. Characters can level up to level 20, and at this level they can promote from first to second tier, or from second tier to (a custom within reason) third tier. Promoting before level 20 was possible in the games and will be possible in this RP- but a level 10/1 General will never become a level 20/20 general. Promoting at a level below 20 leaves you inherently weaker than a same-level second tier that promoted at level 20. Levels will be assigned by a grading mod depending on your performance in your RP thread.

- Weapon levels, which determine how well you can use a weapon, make an appearance too. Your weapon level unlocks certain better weapons- obviously an {A}-level sword is either more versatile or just plain more destructive than a {D}-level one. They will be assigned to your character much like normal levels are; a mod will determine how many weapon experience you get upon grading the thread.

-Unlike in the FE series, we have divided the Swords, Axes, and Lances into heavy, medium-weight and light categories. We have done this to force classes like Mercenaries and Myrmidons to be more unique from each other. Anima magic has been divided into Thunder, Wind and Fire magic as in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

- Weapons will be chosen from a list, but there will be plenty of variation in that list. You can always add to this list by suggesting new modifiers and weapon sub-types to us. Our current list is admittedly on the small side.

- Unless we change our mind, everyone will be given ONE (1) character slot upon first joining the RP. At a certain point in the story a second slot may open up, but the number of characters per RPer will never be unlimited like in the HC RP. This is to keep the overview, as well as to force members to make those well-thought-out characters which have a true place in Magvel that we want for our story-driven roleplay.

Everything anyone would need to create a character and understand setting and story will be posted in due time. My main goal with this post is to ask, does anyone protest against Vel hosting his Fire Emblem RP here, and if yes, for what reasons, and if not, how many HC'ers would be interested in joining us? The RP itself will be very similar to the main RP of HC, except with a different system, setting and mod team- anyone can jump in whenever they want, all RPs are considered canon, RPs will be graded once they are completed, characters will have to be approved before they can be used, etc.

As soon as Vel looks over this thread I will see if I can give out any more information that I may have missed the first time around. Again, the information in this post is all the information you will get.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'm fine with it :) It wont detract from HC, being a subforum type of set up, and could possibly bring us more members, so sounds great to me!
  3. Velyoukai

Velyoukai Member new

More than one thousand years before the siblings, Ephraim and Eirika, saved Magvel from the madness of the Demon King, before most of the nations of the world had even been born yet, Magvel was a land still in the beginning steps of civilization. The Great Empire of Samosa dominated the eastern half of Magvel, having conquered the heathen savages to the south with their discovery of Light magic. The west was free land, dominated by various tribes of simple, warrior people with a talent for bending the Anima magic of Magvel to their whims, and the southwest was a land caught up in the battles between a smattering of uncontrolled warlords.

Though Magvel was not at true peace, the Samosa Empire had no further goals of conquest, instead focusing on the growth of their Holy Church, to spread the power and message of the Light throughout their territories. Caught up in building their own civilization, the Samosa Empire left the warlords and the tribal chieftains to their personal squabbles, despite the eagerness of the Empire's generals to continue their march. The tribes soon were lead by three main chieftains, each having agreed with the others to not infringe on their territories, while the battles in the south soon lead to a single warlord standing strong above the others.

The fifty-year peace was broken when the heir to the former-emperor's throne, Prince Gren, rebelled from the Holy Church's teachings and took most of the army to the southern half of the empire's territories. There, he instated his own dark religion and declared war on the northern half of the empire lead by the Church's Pontifex, and the rest of Magvel as well. The three generals most loyal to the Mad Emperor assaulted the free regions of Magvel, quickly broke through the defenses of their opposition, and drove the survivors back to the furthest stretches of their homes. Shocked and horrified by Gren's atrocities, the north retitled itself the Holy Empire, declared war on Gren, and sent what remained of their army mixed with their Light-wielders to face the Samosa Empire's forces.

Now, months after Gren's destructive first charge into the free realms of Magvel, momentum has slowed, and the remnants of the Fire Tribe and the southern warlords have brought Gren's forces to a standstill. They will not last against the superior enemy forever, though, and the Holy Empire has only a small force to send as aid. Despair and fear have settled and mixed with determination and bravery in the world of Magvel, and only the emergence of true heroes will be enough to push back the armies of the Mad Emperor and stop Gren from unleashing the forces of evil.

Rise up, heroes! Rise and save your world!