Fire Curse

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Fire Curse

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: The target weapon glows red-hot.

Description of Function: The caster can touch a weapon and make it incredibly, painfully hot. For every Wisdom point past 2, the caster can cast the spell from an additional arm's length away.

Limitations: This spell can only be cast once every few minutes.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Does this affect the entire weapon, even the hilt/grip? If so, would it affect other materials of the sword (leather bindings, inlaid stones, etc.)?
  3. Quill

It would effect the entire weapon, yes. The intended purpose of this weapon is for a mage to curse a warrior's sword (or w/e) and make it painful to hold. It would also effect the blade, though, so it could backfire nastily.
  4. Ribitta

Sounds good. In that case though, kind of like the other spell, I would say remove the wisdom scaling. This has the makings of a very effective spell even as a touch-spell.
  5. Quill

How's that? Just realized that there's no duration. Does that warrant an edit, or just leave it up to the players?

Name: Fire Curse

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: The target weapon glows red-hot.

Description of Function: The caster can touch a weapon and make the entire thing incredibly, painfully hot.

Limitations: This spell can only be cast once every few minutes.
  6. Quill

This makes me wonder if we should have a [Contact] or [Touch] field. I'm also wondering whether the [Enchantment] field should be changed from "Involves strengthening a physical object to give it magical or enhanced capabilities" to "Involves giving a physical object magical or enhanced capabilities," so as to make non-boosting enchantment treasures possible. This treasure fits anyway, but just a thought.

Also, does this need a duration?

`Fire Curse
    Original: Quill, Spell - Offense
    [Enchantment], [Fire]

W5: 25 rupees
    W4: 35 rupees
    W3: 50 rupees
    W2: 70 rupees
    W1: 100 rupees

The caster may touch a weapon to make the entire thing incredibly, painfully hot. This spell can only be cast once every few minutes.
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Yeah it could use a duration, though I dunno what. Not too much. How long does iron conduct heat?
  8. Quill

So, basically, the touch superheats the sword, then it cools down as it normally would after the touch ends? Sounds legit.
  9. Rising Dragon

Yeah, you don't want it too long so as to basically disable using or even keeping the weapon for the duration of the thread.

Since that duration would be way too long realistically, let's put it for, say, a few minutes?
  10. Quill

`Fire Curse
    Original: Quill, Spell - Offense
    [Enchantment], [Fire]

W5: 25 rupees
    W4: 35 rupees
    W3: 50 rupees
    W2: 70 rupees
    W1: 100 rupees

The caster may touch a weapon to make the entire thing incredibly, painfully hot. This spell takes a couple minutes to fade, and it can only be recast a few minutes after it has done so.
  11. Rising Dragon

Looks good. I'll approve. [1/2]
  12. Ribitta

Clean, simple, and concise. Approved.