Finding Hope

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Chi, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

The grass rustled in the breeze, and a caravan traveled on it's way to Hyrule Castle as it slowed to a halt near Cena, and a man jumped out of the back to talk to her. This man was obviously Hylian, A green bandana tied on his head, and his blonde hair covered his ears. He probably was the kind of guy who'd have a goofy grin and a cocky attitude in any other situation. Right now he had a grim look, almost desperate.

"Excuse me young Miss. You happen to be a traveler, don't yah? We're looking for someone named Hope. He's unmistakable, though he probably got lost somewhere on the way, poor sense of direction. The thing is, we were supposed to bring a shipment of goron iron, and he was to bring it to our meeting place but he was late. If you find him, I believe I'll have something for you"

Cena leaned over and saw a Rito and Zora in back of the caravan with boxes of various goods and other things in there. The Rito started laughing inaudibly. Cena gave a nod, vaguely listening to him, after spotting a book of magic far better than her own on top of a shelf. She'd ask for it, since she got the gist of the idea. Find the goron and lead him back to the caravan at one of it's later stops.
  2. Chi

Cena started to walk off, with no idea how to find this Hope person. She couldn't possibly run into Hope, with no idea how to begin a search. Plus there was no idea she could know where Hope was, will be, has been, or will have been traveling. For all anyone knows, Hope could have gone off up to Death Mountain and defeated Ganon or his remaining forces. Cena would have to suffer onwards until she found Hope.

She thought she saw a brownish shape coming up over the next hill. Was this Hope?
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blank had been wandering for a few hours. He wasn't sure where to go next, but figured unless something else happened he'd head to Hyrule Castle Town then decide from there. He was skidding across Hyrule Field in his Hover Boots. The extra speed cut down on time, if only a little, and meant he would also have to take less breaks, as it took less energy to slide then it did to walk or run.

He slid up the hill, which was almost impossible, but the momentum allowed it. Sliding down the hill, he built up speed from the slope, going decently fast. As he got off the hill, he started slowing down slightly, until he noticed someone else. At the speed he was going, he couldn't stop. BAM. Blank had slammed into her legs. Of course, considering she was double Blank's size and weight, she probably didn't budge much. However, it certainly hurt Blank. After about a second of being stunned, he fell to the ground in shock. "O-Oh, sorry!" He said, getting up. He took the Hover Boots off so he wouldn't slide as much. "Ow, that really hurt." Blank rubbed his snout a little, which kind of took the brunt of the hit. Remember kids, always wear your helmets and proper padding. Wait what.
  4. Chi

The wooden creature bumped into the lower part of Cena's body, knocking her over to the ground from the low friction momentum ramming into her legs. This was a big surprise to her, causing her to yell in a very silly way. She stood up and giggled while the Deku tried to apologize. She shook her head to refuse the apology. "I'm fine, Deku-san. Excuse me, are you busy at this moment? There was a lost goron, and I was asked to find him. They said they'd give me something, but you can have it if you want. You'd probably have a better chance of finding him, since you got those cool boots."

She smiled hopefully towards the deku. She'd keep looking even if the deku said no, but it'd be great to have some helpful.
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"L-Lost Goron? Okay, I'll help." He said, nodding. A lost Goron wasn't very good, after all. "Anyway, I'm Blank." He said, introducing himself. The wind was blowing somewhat, causing his leafy hair to blow around a little. After Cena introduced herself- assuming she did- Blank spoke up. "So um, Cena. Where is this Goron, do you know?" He asked. It'd be rather difficult if they just had to wander around. "Well, either way, you lead the way."
  6. Chi

It would be rather difficult to find this goron. Finding hope would never be easy. Cena shrugged with no idea on how to find the goron. Cena saw a map on the ground, with a ribbon tied on it. Between the map and ribbon was a note with the words.

" Way to Yuki's rendev.. render.... MEETING PLACES. Belongs to Hope Lez Cauz"

What a stupid name, a thought that passed through the girl's head as she read the note. He probably thought that was actually his name, no matter how clear it was that it wasn't. She shook her head and opened the map, to find nonsensical scribbles with an man on it wearing mountains for a belt. Apparently, he thought the man's belly was a great place to go marked with a big X. The goron apparently wrote near the x.

" this x was on Yuki's map, which must mean place to go like all those stories. Circle on their map was badly draw, must be pit."

Okay this goron must have been an idiot, the X on the map must have meant a bandit's location. She showed the map and note to Blank.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blank looked at the map, looking over it. It confused him a bit, as he tried to figure it out. "Well, the x is on Death Mountain. A lot of Ganon's forces are there, so it's very dangerous. Do you think he could've went there?" Blank considering, looking over the map again. He must have not been very smart, though. "Well, it's not precisely at Death Mountain, but it's pretty close. Just getting close could be pretty dangerous, and who knows where that X leads. I wonder what he meant by a circle though. . ." Blank said, if talking to himself. Analytical thinking and really complex or even mild thinking in general wasn't really his thing.

"What do you think we should do, Cena?" Blank asked curiously. He wasn't really sure where they would go from here.
  8. Chi

"Well, unfortunately, It happens that our best bet is to go to the X on the map or close as possible without getting attacked. Hopefully we catch the goron before he ends up getting himself killed." Cena sighed deeply, before checking the sun's place in the sky, and headed in a southern direction towards where the X would be. It would be night fall by the time they got there.

Close behind them was a young pale girl, who had just woken from her nap in the protection of a cluster of trees and her parasol. She looked like she'd be sweating in the weather. She would need food soon, she had to admit, though it'd be foolhardy to attack a target when they were still clearly moving and full of energy.
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blank listened to Cena. Go near the mountains?! She must be crazy. I mean, Blank could fight, but he couldn't take out an entire outpost of Moblins. Who knows, maybe Cena was an amazing fighter, although she didn't look like it. "So, when are we heading out? It could be dangerous, you must be a good fighter then." Blank said, if gaining somewhat of a momentary admiration for Cena. A thought of her destroying an entire Moblin outpost by herself flashed through his head. He was really exaggerating this. Either way, Blank nodded.

"I'm ready to go!" He said, turning around and looking into the distance. Blank didn't even realize this had been the direction he was coming from when he bumped into Cena.
  10. Chi

" A good fighter? I don't think so at all. I don't mean to brag, but I guess I could probably think circles around them. 50 different strategies, 10 different spells to test, too many variables." Cena stated in a matter-of-fact manner. She would focus on walking to where they planned to go, without much more distraction unless something came up.

Following these people was boring Blyss. She was starting to feel a bit peckish. Night would fall soon enough, one would slack off, then the prey would be drained of their precious blood.
  11. Chi

Cena, Blank and the undiscovered tagalong kept walking, even when the setting of the sun had long passed. Abruptly in front of the young woman was an outpost with wagons and various weapons nearby. A hylian stepped out of the shadows, with jet black hair and a long dagger. He kicked a small shape, a head, on the ground towards Blank who surely got a better view of it.

Blyss saw the two idiots run into a bandit, and very likely not the one, she closed her parasol and readied her weapon in the dim light of the crescent moon. She would watch this for now, and save the one she thought would be best and drink from the other. She checked nearby for other bandits, counting around 5 or six of them.

"Maybe if those two make it, I'll be able to find some use for them. Janitors of my fortress maybe. Well the girl. The deku probably wouldn't even make a good slave." Blyss mused to herself while she sat back and watched.
  12. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the group traveled, Blank had the feeling someone was watching them. However, he didn't have enough common sense to actually say anything. While they were approaching, Blank took the time to apply Impact Coating to seven Ember Seeds, giving three to Cena. He didn't know what sort of weapon she used, exactly. However, the seeds could always help. The group eventually reached what appeared to be a small outpost. Old, creaky looking wooden wagons stood nearby, and various weapons were sprawled across the ground. Blank could count a mace, a flail, a bow, an empty quiver, and perhaps even a hammer. However, for the most part it was just swords. Seeing they were approaching the outpost, Blank pulled out his slingshot, gripping it with his left hand.

He kept his right hand near his satchel, ready to draw out an Ember Seed; Of course, he could always resort to firing Deku Nuts orally, if he didn't have enough time to use the Slingshot. As Blank spotted the Hylian, he quickly grabbed a non-coated Ember Seed, pulling it back on the slingshot. As he did this, he got a quick look at the Hylian. He wore light silver armor, which provided some protection but didn't hamper speed. Although it wouldn't be super efficient for blocking attacks, it helped. He kept his face uncovered, showing it. Despite apparently being a bandit, his face was mostly empty of scars or anything of that sort. His purely black hair was somewhat long, but in height, not length. It spiked up, pointing backwards to where it stuck out a little past his neck. He held a long dagger in his hand, which could almost function as a short sword. He held it in a normal grip, and someone who didn't know what they were talking about would probably call it a short sword.

He had kicked a head towards Blank, making him jump in surprise and drop his Ember Seed. Luckily for him, it hadn't gone off. He quickly picked up the Ember Seed, before glancing down at the head. Was it Hope? Alas, it was not, as it was the head of a Zora. "Please don't do that again." Blank rather bluntly asked, if somewhat scared of it. Blank didn't have a phobia of dead bodies, but that didn't mean he liked seeing them. "So um, you haven't seen a Goron named Hope, have you?" Blank asked, if a little too nicely. "Oh, how rude. You come to our place, point your weapons at us, and ask us a question?" He responded. He had a bit of an accent, as if he was from some far off, non-existent place called Brooklyn. Like that existed.

You know, he did have a point. Then again, he kicked a dead head at you, Blank. "You're right, I'm sorry." Blank said. Maybe they had judged them all wrong, and assumed just because they were in a random outpost near Death Mountain they'd be dangerous. "Oh, it's okay. That's exactly what we're doing to you." He said. He then held his right arm up, the one holding the blade. He pointed the dagger at Cena. Shortly after doing so, three other bandits appeared. One jumped up from inside the wagon, and the other two appeared out of the outpost. They all wore light green, brown, and white clothing, generic of thieves. One had a thin blade, similar to a short sword. The other had a small knife, which seemed to be a downgrade, really. The third one didn't have a weapon, and instead picked the flail up off the ground. What would be in store for our. . . heroes? tonight?

Impact Coated Seeds: 7 Stored, Cena has 3
  13. Chi

The other two bandits who were not seen by Blank were already taken care of, since they had caught sight of Blyss wandering nearby and made the poor decision to cross her path. They had little time to notice the shimmer of her blade as she hacked one's body through their left shoulder to their heart and hooked the back of her khopesh's addition into the other's neck. She licked the blood off the weapon and turned to watch the big performance.

Cena stood there, legs trembling as the weapon was pointed at her. Her staff was on her back, and she couldn't reach it fast enough to cast a spell, so she had only one choice. " Don't you know not to point a weapon at a magician who doesn't need a weapon to fight?"

She opened her mouth wide, which looked absolutely ridiculous, considering she wasn't used to this method of spell casting through natural pools of magic in the body. A fireball launched itself from her mouth directly at the black-haired bandit, who was startled as she did this in a matter of a few seconds. He dropped his weapon as the fireball hit his startled face.
  14. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blank stared at the thieves, waiting for one of them to make a move. The one with the flail ran towards Blank, as his fingers slid from the slingshot. The red, ember-shaped seed launched forward, as the bandit hastily- and narrowly- avoiding being hit. The seed flew past him, colliding with the ground several feet away from him. The seed burst into flames, scorching the nearby ground it had collided with.

The bandit rushed at Blank, not giving him another opportunity to draw an Ember Seed. He swung at Blank, the spiked, metal ball on the chain swinging forward towards the Deku. Blank quickly jumped to the side and out of the way, his speed allowing him to dodge. The spiked ball hit the end of his hair, pulling a couple leaves off. The bandit was met with a surprise, as a Deku Nut fired out of Blank's mouth. The bandit was hit in the face by a brown nut covered in some slimy-material. Upon colliding with his face, a bright flash was unleashed in the nearby vicinity, hampering vision for pretty much all for a couple seconds, and even longer if they had stared into the flash.

When it finished, the bandit was collapsed on the ground, fainted. Before any others attacked, Blank swiftly pulled an Ember Seed out of his pouch; This time one with Impact Coating on it. Putting it over the rubber strap-like object, he pulled it back, ready to fire.

Impact Coated Seeds: 7 Stored, Cena has 3
  15. Chi

The Black haired man staggered back up, with his weapon in had and lunged forward suddenly. Cena, taken by surprised by the man as he readied his weapon for a stab, was unable to prepare an attack. Of course she was suddenly taken aback when a strange weapon came out through the man's sternum.

The weapon dissapeared from the man's chest cavity through his back. He fell, revealing a young pale Kokiri, so light the her skin was almost white, save for the lightest and most abnormal green tint to it. She turned to the last man, who was surprised by her appearance, and in those seconds of being startled, taken in by her hypnotic suggestions to drop his weapon and come closer to her.

Blyss whispered softly as the last hylian fell to his knees in front of her, and tilted his neck to her as she bit deeply into it, and began to drink. Minutes past as the man came to realization of what had happened and what she was doing to him. But by that time it was too late, he was exausted and all he could do was sleep... and then just let his head just stop working...

Of course he then died, as his brain lacked the oxygen to work itself. Blyss finished draining the blood, shoved the corpse to the ground, walked over to the fainted man, and stomped on his head with as satisfying crack and a disturbing squish-like sound that was the brain of the man being turned to mush.

" A spell caster Hylian? You'll probably be useful... What about blockhead over there, does he belong to you? Anyways, After saving your life, you owe me, and I want you guys to do something. I want you... to ally with me. "

Cena couldn't respond immediately, her brain had stopped all logical thinking and her speech functions were currently inoperative.
  16. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blank watched in somewhat horror as this mysterious girl mercilessly slaughtered the supposed leader of the bandits. She seemed to control another, having him walk forwards as she proceeded to suck his blood. The final bandit's face turned into horror as he dropped his sword, running away as fast as he could without turning back. Blank could hear him, but didn't turn as he faced her. As she sucked his blood, Blank kept his slingshot drawn, pointed at her.

When she finished, however, she crushed his skull in. That wasn't even necessary, he would've quickly died anyway. Blank watched as she quickly turned her attention to the other two. Blank already had his Impact Coated Ember Seed pointed at Blyss, in case she attacked. However, he wasn't necessarily pointing it at Blyss, but rather, keeping it up. More bandits could come out of the outpost once they noticed that the other bandits didn't return. It could be bad, then.

"I guess we do. . . What about you, Cena? And ally with you for what?" Blank asked.
  17. Chi

" I dislike bandits... Draining the life from the world like pathetic leeches. I drink too, unfortunately as you see... Never zora's though, that's the biggest rule in my book. Nasty little buggers. Now you youngsters want to join old decrepit me in an attempt to change to world? I want to, with the help of some of the finest magicians and whoever else who sees the world and wants change, create a... guild for a lack of a better word. As a guild I seek to make the world a better place for those who are discriminated against, and overall improve the life of our people. Vento Stellae. Wind of the Stars. As the wind from the stars in the heavens, we bring fortune to those we meet, whether they be bandits who meet bad luck or Citizens who are blessed by our meetings. WE WILL RISE AND HELP BY REMOVING STAINS ON OUR WORLD SUCH AS THE FORCES OF GAN- "

This girl's grandiose speech seemed to go on and on, so at this point most people started tuning it out into background noise, even her controlling deity. Cena was drawn in by the speech, and certainly liked the part of her being called one of the world's greatest mages. At least that's what it sounded like. A bandit stepped out from the hideout that looked all too familiar to Cena. The man had on a bandanna like before, but now it was a crimson red one, and much more tattered than the one from before. Yuki stepped out from the bandit hideout, with a Razor Sword( as in the weapon in Majora's mask).
  18. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blyss' speech was quickly drowned out by Blank's thoughts. He didn't really care much at all about making the world a better place, but Cena seemed drawn in by it. Plus, it could lead to finding something very interesting for his home tribe. "Okay, okay. I'll go along with you. I'm Blank." He responded in his squeakily high voice, before Blank noticed someone walk out of the bandit's hideout. He quickly jumped to the side, as so Blyss wasn't in the way, and pointed his slingshot at the guy. He wasn't going to fire unless the guy attacked them, however. "So who are you? You wouldn't happen to be their leader or anything like that, would you?" Blank squeaked at him. Of course, Blank had never met this man before, and didn't even know he had assigned Cena the task of finding Hope.

What was he doing here, anyway?
  19. Chi

"You're... the one who asked me to do this! You lied to me?" Cena seemed distressed by this.
    "Lie to you? No, that idiot goron got lost on his way here. I needed you to find him and bring him to Castle Town. But you came here and then it led to this. Hmm? Ah, there we go, He found his way here. Guess you aren't needed anymore. That rare weapon you have little pale girl would fetch a pretty penny on the market. Hand it ov-...er..."

Yuki fell down surprisingly quick from an unexpected strike to the head from Blyss with the pommel of her weapon. "Idiot, I should let the world suffer longer with your pitiful existence shouldn't I?"

Cena recognized the caravan that she had met on the road, and decided to loot it for the reward Yuki had offered. Blyss chuckled, not expect such an ignoble feat from an such an ordinary looking girl. She looked around, expecting some sort of ride-able beast to make a ride to castle town easier, even if it were a temporary thing.
  20. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Blyss quickly knocked the ice guy out, as the group had successfully cleared out the outside. Cena went to loot the caravan of it's rewards. "We could use the caravan to travel, I'm sure they have horses that they used earlier. I'm going to go check if there's anything of worth inside." Blank squeaked out, jumping over Yuki's unconscious body and walking through the entrance.

Although it was small, the fortress was in somewhat decent condition. It seemed empty, and most of the objects Blank saw were mere junk. As he walked down a hall, a thief jumped out. "Die, heathen!" He shouted, holding a dagger up high in his hand. Blank quickly spun around, grabbing an Ember Seed and loading it onto his Slingshot mid-turn. As he finished his turn, he fired, the seed hitting the man in the face. It exploded, searing and burning his face. He collapsed to the ground in pain, dropping the blade as his eyes started to water. He clenched his face with his hands, the pain certainly high.

Blank just turned back around and walked further into the fortress. It was no concern of his.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.