Favorite Zelda Antagonist?

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Fcgfyv, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Who's your favorite Zelda antagonist?

1. Ganon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ganondorf

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Majora

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Skull Kid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Vaati

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Zant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Veran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Onox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Nightmare

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  10. Lord Ghirahim

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  11. Demise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Bellum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Chancellor Cole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Malladus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I think that Lord Ghirahim is my favorite antagonist, surprisingly. Unlike Ganondorf or especially like Ganon, he knew just what to say or do to tick me off. He was just a very developed and awesome character, such as how he was so cocky and vain, and I was so engaged with his actions. I loved him because of these, but what do you guys think?
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I have absolutely no idea to tell the truth. Though from my current experience with Veran in OoA, which I started the other day, she may well become one of them. I have no clue what I'll think of Onox. You should add them to the poll by the way.
  3. Fcgfyv

Added! Sorry, I forgot about them. :XD:
  4. tlozbj

tlozbj New Member new

My favorite villain gotta be Vaati. Vaati really called out to me as a character and as a villain. His backstory was quite interesting in my opinion. He passed from a simple Minish, to being the villain which almost took over Hyrule without being noticed. He also almost kill Princess Zelda by absorbing the Light Force, and make his ascension to Godhood. Though sadly is character was greatly damaged when he became that big blob of darkness in Four Sword. Though he still have that evilness to him, even if that character was lost or in any case added later, since FS came before MC.
  5. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

It's like picking between mah babiez. ;_;

Hey, maybe you could add Majora to the list? c:

I like how you separated Ganon from Ganondorf. That was thoughtful of you.
  6. Fcgfyv

Edited to include Majora and Skull Kid.

Thank you, Quill. :3
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I like Veran. Not just for the obvious things if you've seen her official art. :haa: During the story she is a part of it doing things to hinder Link in his adventure.
    -Ultra5
  8. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Lord Ghirahim the Fabulous for me. I love how he did that funky little dance around Zelda in SS humming his own theme.
  9. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Shouldn't Ganondorf/Ganon be one entry? They're the same being.
  10. Fcgfyv

Technically, but consider it this way: Ganondorf as the Gerudo King does not make an appearance in games like LoZ or Four Sword Adventures etc. I separated them so people could choose between the giant pig Ganon or the Gerudo King Ganondorf.
  11. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

I just finished OoA and am linking over with OoS and then back to OoA for the final story. You should give me your thoughts on them at some point!

So I don't know if he's really my favorite but I think Vaati needs rep'd because to me, he's the most interesting of all of Link's antagonists. I especially like the way he's portrayed in Minish Cap because he just doesn't seem totally evil, he's comparable to Ganondorf in WW.
  12. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Yeah, Vaati's really cool. I don't want to vote yet for the reasons I mentioned before, but Vaati has a really good chance of getting my vote.
  13. Rising Dragon

Still not seeing the point; they're the same person regardless of their chosen flesh container.
  14. Fcgfyv

They may be the same person, but their strategies vary and the games that they appear in are different. Ganon appears in LoZ, a little in AoL, OoS/OoA, OoT, TP, ALttP, and FSA, and his strategy is to sit back and let his spawned monsters do his bidding until the very end. Ganondorf appears in OoT, WW, and TP, and he has a more direct role in the games, especially the last two.
  15. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

The lack of the Shadow Nightmares from LA makes me incredibly sad. :cry:
  16. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Ganondorf, specifically his Twilight princess incarnation. God, that was an awesome fight.

His role in the story was also completely out of nowhere. Here we are thinking that Zant is the big final boss man, and then it is twisted (awesomely) to reveal that Ganondorf is not only Zant's power source, but he tricked Zant into conquering the Light World so that he could cross back. And this from a guy we've all expected to be more of a powerhouse than a clever bastard. And unlike the fight against him in OoT, this time he gets fought a total of FIVE times, four if you don't count the cutscene, and then STILL MANAGES to GET ON HIS FEET with the MASTER SWORD stuck THROUGH HIS CHEST.

What other foe in Zelda history has EVER duplicated that feat? Being on the receiving end of Link's full, unbridled fury four consecutive times and then stood up before the Master Sword forced him to die?

This was the boss fight that conveyed to me that, yes, he does have the fucking Triforce of Power.
  17. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Speaking of Zant he should be here too. Zant was a pretty cool villain, even if he was only being manipulated.
  18. Fcgfyv

I included Zant and the Nightmare.
  19. Rising Dragon

Zant was cool until the end. They... kinda dropped the ball with Zant at the end.
  20. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

I loved the neck snap though. Suddenly he's no longer a a ridiculously armored Onox character, he's the skull kid, helpless and being tossed around by the whims of a great evil.