Fairy Song [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Fairy Fountain

P/W/C Type: ???

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The player may produce a song that leads him to the nearest Fairy Fountain. If there are any stray fairies nearby, they will be drawn to the familiar music like moths to a flame. This is also a sign of a Great Fairy's favor, much like a noble's ring or a royal insignia.

Limitations: Can only be granted by a Great Fairy, which is controllable only by a Staff member.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Fairy Fountain

Unique Treasure--love it.

[1/2]
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Fairy Fountain [1/2]

I'm fine with this, though I feel that it being a song, it should have a title more in line with the song theme naming. [2/2]
  4. Quill

Re: Fairy Fountain [2/2]

If you've got any ideas, Ardee, I'm open to debate. I picked Fairy Fountain because that's the name given to the theme outside the game universe, and because here, the song leads you to the nearest Fairy Fountain. Like I said, though, I'd love to have a name discussion.

Pricing is weird. It's an Ability because it's not associated with one of the three virtues. I'd rather avoid doing a " P/W/C: x rupees " price; I'm thinking either Fixed or no price (since it's granted by staffers as a sign of favor and may not be given even if someone did visit a great fairy). Thoughts?

`Fairy Fountain
    Canonical, Ability - Utility
    [Fairy], [Music]

???

The user may play a song that will lead him to the nearest Fairy Fountain. Any nearby stray fairies will be drawn to the familiar music like moths to a flame. This song can only be granted by a Great Fairy or the Fairy Queen, and it is therefore a sign of their favor, much like a noble's ring or a royal insignia. Great Fairies and the Fairy Queen are only controllable by a Staffer.
  5. Quill

Re: Fairy Fountain [Final]

`Fairy Song
    Canonical, Ability - Utility
    [Fairy], [Music]

50 rupees

The user may play a song that will lead him to the nearest Fairy Fountain. Any nearby stray fairies will be drawn to the familiar music like moths to a flame. This song can only be granted by a Great Fairy or the Fairy Queen, and it is therefore a sign of their favor, much like a noble's ring or a royal insignia. Great Fairies and the Fairy Queen are only controllable by a Staffer.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg