Experimental RP Idea!

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Spirit Adept, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Hello everyone!

So I had an idea for a different way to run an RP. Instead of trying to run an RP by using one of my characters to lead stuff and make things happen, I was thinking about leaving my characters out and simply creating a situation for other characters to overcome. Kind of like a tabletop game but with no stats or numbers or dice rolling.

The general flow would be I would detail some sort of situation or event and each participant takes a post to explain what their character does. After everyone posts I would explain the results of everyone's actions and then move on to the next part. There would be a time limit of three days for everyone to get their posts in. If someone doesn't get their post in, the RP moves on without their input.

This would be a sandbox RP using HC characters. Nothing official or canonical for the setting, it's just an experiment I want to try out. If anyone's interested in this, go ahead and leave a response here.

As for a plot for the RP, I'm thinking I'd keep it simple. A group of Ganon's troops have set up a small forward operating base to invade Nabooru and the characters will be sent to stop that from happening. The success or failure of the mission will depend on the choices the characters make during the RP.
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm. This seems rather interesting. I might like to join.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

It sounds pretty interesting, count me in if you're going to start this c:
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Count me in, as I said before, Spirit. I think I can use Ni'Ran if you need some firepower, or someone else if it's cunning you need. Just speak the word.
  5. Spirit Adept

Re: Experimental RP Idea! [closed]

Awesome, I think three people should be good for this. I will get a starting post up for this in a while, in the meanwhile if you all could post which character you'll be using, that'd be great.
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm. Well since this seems to be a more military mission where strength is needed I'll send...Relerin. :haa:
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    On second thought, it's been a while since I got to use Qamar. Since this isn't canonical, I assume Southern or Northern Hyrule doesn't matter?

If it does, I still have Qamar for South or Ni'Ran for North.
  8. Squishy

Uhhh, I'm doubting between Idris, Clarence or Locke, I'll try to make my mind as soon as possible D:

So it'll either be a pissy mage, a bumbling mage or a hunter/archer.
  9. Spirit Adept

Now that my Christmas festivities are over with, I can finally get back to posting. The thread is up in the sandbox section of the site.

This is an experimental RP, so if you have any questions or comments or concerns feel free to send a PM my way or mention it here in this thread.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay guys, if you have any issues with how I portray your characters as 1). Mercenaries and 2). under Ni'Ran's tentative command, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with anything else. Since no one else was posting before I got my brainwave, I thought this could help.
  11. Squishy

Errr, I thought we'd all go in independent and sort of do our own thing. At least, that was my plan, and I think I prefer to go along with that. No offense or anything. :V

I've decided to use Clarence, by the way.