[EVENT] A Fae Presence

Discussion in 'Events' started by Curiosity Shop, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiosity Shop

Curiosity Shop Care for a special bargain?

[This Curiosity Shop will be closing 11/4.]

Somewhere... you don't know precisely where, but it's definitely somewhere close. There lie a great Fairy's Fountain-- in the shape of a plant, with a seemingly endless well of water.

"Tee-hee! Hey, you! Wanna buy some of my stuff?" You look, but to no avail. You can't find the source of the voice... Until you realize it's coming from a Tiny Fairy. "Yeah, I may look like this, but that doesn't mean anything!" You grimace.

"Anyways, here are my goods! Sorry that I have such a short stock right now; getting goods is kind of... difficult, right now, right?"

• (54) Sharp's Song-- A deadly melody that will cause all but the user to become lethargic and sluggish.
    • (40) Inferno-- A deadly fire spell that shoots a pillar of flame from wherever the user places it.
    • (40) Mermaid's Suit-- A layer of bottom clothing that turns your lower half into that of a mermaids! Or a merman. We don't discriminate.
    • (28) Sate Sash-- A sash that'll negate the user's hunger for eight hours. Runs off sunlight.
    • (12) Lens of Agony-- Tells you where an enemy's weak points are! ...Not like you could use it as-is, anyways.
  2. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

"Oh!"

At long last, she had found one! Judith's delight at finally locating an affordable Mermaid Suit was enough to override her inquisitive nature, which normally would have questioned why a Tiny Fairy had decided to try its hand at commerce. Admittedly, a small part of her did still wonder what use one of the fae would have for material wealth, but she dispelled her doubt by rationalizing that the Mermaid Suit was even more useless to the diminutive creature in this pool- and it hardly fit its minuscule proportions, anyhow. In any event, the prospect of finally obtaining the elusive treasure was sufficient reason to loosen her purse strings and part with a few Rupees. No longer would she have to rely on borrowing one from her superiors every time the sea called out for salvation!

"I'll take that!" She exclaimed excitedly. For want of a counter, Judith quickly tossed the required rupees into the spring as an offering (hopefully the fairy wouldn't need the Mermaid Suit to extract them later), before grabbing the Mermaid Suit, beaming as she beheld the shimmering scales of her prize. "Th-Thank you so much! Oh, how I've searched for one of these... May Mother Nayru's blessings be upon you!"

Convinced that this chance encounter had been orchestrated by the Goddess of Wisdom, Judith hummed a merry tune as she departed, a contented spring in her step that would soon be replaced by an awkward flopping when she tried the Suit on for the first time later that eve.

(Judith loses 40 Rupees and gains a Mermaid Suit!)
  3. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Kalvar was honestly at a loss. A tiny fairy merchant, offering to sell him goods. His eyes would narrow, almost as if he was suspicious of such an offering being a trap of some kind. His bow in his hands, however, was telling him otherwise. As always, Wind Fairy had the words to calm him down before he made any rash decisions. "There is no harm in seeing what they have to offer, Master. A trap out here in the middle of nowhere, makes no sense to me. As a fairy, I would trust the little one."

He would slowly roll his eyes, but the sentient bow did have a point. The idea of a fairy luring travelers to danger was laughable at best. Traveling nearly alone for so long had made him cautious of others. People in cities were fine, but actually meeting random people out on his travels was always sketchy at best. Regardless, Kalvar would glance over her goods. Everything was... Too expensive.

Pulling out his rupee purse, he would sigh audibly as he counted out only twenty-five rupees in total. Just three short of that sate sash. Kalvar cursed softly to himself, that thing could have kept him content on his travels for months to come whenever meat was running scarce.

There was only one object he could afford. Before he could even ponder what the small crystal was, his bow once again spoke. "That's a Lens of Agony, Master. You can use it to see the weakpoints on your foes." He paused, glancing down at it with a face of confusion. "How do you-" He began to speak before cutting himself off. It didn't matter, he supposed. The "Fairy of the Winds" always seemed to know things it really shouldn't. Just how much knowledge did this bow absorb when he wasn't paying attention? There was that one scholar's house he spent the night at many weeks ago... Maybe he should pay attention a bit more to what Wind Fairy gets up to.

"I'll take it." Kalvar would say, gently setting 12 rupees down as he grabbed the Lens of Agony and slowly walked away. Time to find another place to hole up for the night. It was starting to grow cloudy, and he dreaded spending another night soaking wet in a cave.

(Kalvar loses 12 Rupees and gains Lens of Agony)
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika was not the kind to be particularly interested in communicating with Tiny Fairies- in fact, in normal circumstances, he would have simply ignored the obnoxious, insect-like being entirely and moved on with his day. He would have, anyway, were it not for the product he caught out of the corner of his eye- a Mermaid Suit. Well, suit, though it said, it was essentially a pair of red trousers. He had an unfortunate paint accident, that caused him to be purple- returning back to his red demeanor was something he very much wanted. As well, the protection from deep sea pressures and fluid swimming prowess it granted were essential for underwater travel- something that would allow him to explore ancient ruins long lost to the depths of the ocean.

"I see those caught your eye, huh! Tee-hee, the scales look just like the pants- sparkling red, so pretty!" Rika was already hating this, but he did not have any ground to stand on now. "Just. . . I will take the Mermaid Suit." He dropped the 40 rupees on the counter, snatching up the suit. "Thanks so much, sweetie! Let me give you a big ol' kiss on the cheek as a bonus!" The tiny fairy teased.

Rika instantly ran away.

(Rika loses 40 Rupees and gains a Mermaid Suit!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.