Enslave the Fallen

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Eternis, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

This spell is intended as an RP device to create new characters or revive old ones, adding in the additional element of subservience.
    While this is incredibly powerful and such, and I'm not sure it should even be a treasure, it's a curious little thing that I thought should be put out there.

Here's the current draft:

`Enslave the Fallen (Major Treasure)
    Original (-ish): Me, Spell - Utility
    [Dark], [Conjuration], [Communication] (<- I'm iffy on these ones. ->) , [Healing], [Undead]

P5 or W5: ???
    P4 or W4: ???
    P3 or W3: ???
    P2 or W2: ???
    P1 or W1: ???

Prerequisites to Obtain: Dark Affinity, Raise Dead
    Not satisfied with the power to animate dead bodies, some necromancers strive to enslave the minds and souls of the slain. Those necromancers, either through intense self-study, research, or tutelage, learn the ritual required to tie a deceased's soul and consciousness to their body, and to force the body to live once more, entirely autonomously.
    A side-effect of this ritual (often considered beneficial by those attempting it) is that the mind becomes tied to the will of the caster, such that the previously deceased subject becomes the willing slave of the necromancer, their greatest desire to serve the one who raised them.
    The ritual requires three days of preparation, 12 hors to complete from beginning to end, and at least 3 drops of blood from both the necromancer casting the spell, and someone of the bloodline of the subject.

When dealing with another player's character to revive or another character's relations, permission should be given by that player before the character can be created/revived.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Ehhh... You're right, it's incredibly powerful, and I think you're right in being unsure that it should be a treasure.

Bringing characters back to life (excluding the "brink of death," as with potions and fairies) seems beyond the capabilities of what any character should be able to do. Not even Ganon has that power. Adding on control over their mind and body just deepens the mud. Entities summoned from Raise Dead, Stalfos, and ReDead are more likely than not animated bodies without their former souls involved at all. Furthermore, there's apparently no limit on how many undead slaves one could raise with this method. Given an in-roleplay-month, one could easily have an army of 30 going just from visiting the same graveyard repeatedly.

So, for at least those reasons... this simply seems like far too much, even for a Major treasure.
  3. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Meh, cool. I just wanted to put this out there as an option.