Eevachu's To-Do List When He Has More Time

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Eevachu, May 6, 2012.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

This is a to-do list for me for when summer starts. I can't promise it'll all be done, but this will serve as a general list to compile my thoughts and help me to remember to actually do them.

• Library of Treasures revamp
      • Revamping mounts to make them blah blah something that stuff.
      • Making sure items are balanced and priced correctly for their effects, along with making sure they fit.
      • Repricing vehicles to make them not use PWC and vary depending on size and carrying capacity.
      • Revamping Materials to both make them more balanced and to make Blacksmith worth something.
      • May work with Quill on this for a second opinion, not sure.
    • Work on trying to make race-exclusive treasures that AREN'T obtained at all at start, and only obtained via quests.
    • Work on the RP analysis idea thing that everyone was interested in.
    • Finish all of the normal treasures I have in mind.

There were a couple other things, but I can't remember what they are. If anyone remembers any ideas I've mentioned that they liked, I'd appreciate if you posted it here reminding me of it.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Make sure you revamp materials, too. :yomp:

The problem with, "Work on trying to make race-exclusive treasures that AREN'T obtained at all at start, and only obtained via quests" is that such treasures may be needlessly limited to some races. Just saying.

Anyway, if you're actually going to do this, either apply more fields, or just remove all of the fields to leave only meta-fields.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Yeah, I was planning on revamping materials too, I had a few ideas for it, I just forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

I was planning on applying a few more fields, but does anyone actually use them? I've never heard of anyone using them. Would everyone be okay with me just taking them out, or is there anyone out there that actually uses them? Because as it is, they're just an unnecessary thing used to make creating treasures more difficult, as I see a lot of people have trouble with selecting which fields to use for treasures. Plus, they're usually pretty self-explanatory.

The only possible bonus I could see they give is the Specialty Treasure, which a few people have. Although, I'm sure if we remove fields I could come up with something else for it, and if not I could just remove it altogether and refund the people who have it.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Yes, fields exist almost purely for the specialty treasure, and a tiny amount of other treasures which have some effects partially based on fields. Even in these cases, it's usually quite easy to identify an "illusion" treasure or a "fire" treasure, anyway. As such, their removal wouldn't be missed too much.
  5. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Well, the Speciality/Sub-speciality treasures can be used without fields, can't they? I mean, what Guy said, it's pretty obvious what a treasure's elemental affinity is, we don't really need fields for that. The only other thing I can think of are the Crafting professions; they say that at level x you can imbue something with a treasure with a [material] field. But, at the same time, that's also pretty obvious. I don't really think we need a [material] field to know that Lanayru Copper can be used to make weapons. And, if we do, then we can state in the description that this can be used in forging. Or we could just have that one [Material] field (or something similar), that we easily CF, so Crafters know what their options are.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

That reminded me, Quill. Being able to search for materials--or fields which suit your specialty-- with ctrl+f is a very useful tool.

Perhaps fields should be reduced, but only to elemental affinities, [illusion], and [material]? Then, change specialty and sub-specialty so only apply to elements or illusions. This would keep the field-searchable functionality in place for everything which it's important, but take away some of the field hassle.
  7. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

The thing about modifying fields is that a lot of abilities, such as the kikwi's "Conceal" would have to be redefined.

And could we consider revamping professions too? Ones like merchant and spell scholar seem to be better than their "general crafting" equivalent, having a wider field of influence but otherwise be quite similar, and in fact may even make the item cheaper than the crafting specific of that type.

For example a lvl 10 merchant and a lvl 10 gunsmith (both at P5) want a Skycannon, the gunsmith would pay 50 rupees for it (half of it's P4 cost of 100) while the merchant would pay 45 (75-40% discount) rupees, despite the fact that the merchant is paying less than the cost to produce it; and while little else would fall into the gunsmith's area of expertise, much else would fall into the merchant's.

Alchemist also seems restrictively expensive, paying for the increase in profession level, the stock treasure (or single use), and the seeds forces the character to invest the majority, if not all, rupees they get to get some of the special items for alchemists.

For example, to make a single potion wizzrobe requires 4 gale and 4 armor seeds, costing a grand total of 20 rupees (including the discount to seeds alchemists receive) for a single potion, and not including the cost of buying the stock treasure (between 30 and 160 rupees) and getting to lvl 7 (total 320 rupees) in the profession. Simply put this means that it could cost up to 480 rupees for the right to buy what amounts to a single use treasure. So including the seeds, it takes the full basic reward of 10 RPs to get a single potion.

I am aware both of the above examples are somewhat extreme, but I think that they highlight the problem quite nicely.
  8. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin