E3 2011 - Thoughts, Concerns, and NERDGASMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MeZmYk, Jun 7, 2011.

1. MeZmYk

MeZmYk The Master Commander new

So E3 is in full swing now, having finished Day 1 off with a bang. So I figured, lets talk about what we saw today, shall we?
    As you can see, I have divided it into three self explanatory sections.
    Thoughts about what you saw in any of the three days.
    Concerns about what you saw in any of the three days.
    Things that made you NERDGASM in any of the three days.

For me, during Day one, which is the only day I really care about, I learned that 2011/2012 is a good year to gamer. Halo 4, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, Mass Effect 3, Ryse, Kinnect getting something playable, and Gears of War 3, among other things.

So, for thoughts, I have to say, announcing not one, but two Halo games threw me off, as I wasn't even expecting one. It doesn't make sense to me in a logical or economical standpoint, unless the multiplayer for HCEA is garbage and everyone goes back to Reach. Also, the teasers Halo 4, Ryse, and Mass Effect 3 were mind blowing, and made me super excited for the upcoming year, (or what I get of it before I leave.)

For concerns, mostly what 343 will do with the Halo Franchise, I'm a little concerned with the Halo 4, as it feels a little too soon to touch on the story of Cortana and John 117 yet. But that is just me. Also, the Kinnect being able to be used for hardcore gaming titles? After the Wii, I didn't think it was possible, considering the Playstation Moves less-than-abysmal public reaction.

For Nerdgasm, OMFGHALOHALOME3NYAOMNYAOMNYAOM.

Thoughts, concerns, or Nerdgasms?
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    God damnit, Halo 4? They should really be done.... I mean, I like the series, but I think enough is enough at some point. Anyways, nerdgasm for ME3. But thanks for making this thread, so I can get some updates; I'm in Hawaii for three weeks, and no G4 on the TV and the internet is crap, so no streaming.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Nintendo's presentation literally made me get up and buy a 3ds, in my opinion they won E3 hands down. The Wiiu looks incredible and I cant wait to get my hands on one of them either, the Zelda HD demo was amazing, and the concept of the screen on the controller was awesome.

Im also a Halo fanboy so Halo 4 looked really sweet, and so did Combat Evolved. Oh, and Willow, Halo 4 is only the first in a new Halo Trilogy.. Yeah, 5 and 6 are on their way too. So overall I was pleased with what has been shown so far. And yes, ME3 is going to be amazing, not sure I'll use the Kinect part though, seems tacky.

Nintendo FTW!
  4. bryan

bryan New Member new

Rupees:
    It was a fun watch. WiiU seems interesting.

But it wasn't nearly enough to turn me into a gamer again.
  5. MeZmYk

MeZmYk The Master Commander new

As I looked deeper into the indie titles and the minor games that came in, I decided to add Ryse for the Xbox Kinect to my NERDGASMS list. Y'know, because nothing is more awesome than a game using the CryEngine made by Crytech that lets you play a roman warrior killing other people.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I wanted a bit more information on Kirby, Skyward Sword, Nintendo's next console, and Sony's next handheld. And that's precisely what I got. I was actually surprised by the fact that I wasn't surprised. I got exactly what I expected, nothing more and nothing less... which in of itself is actually kind of disappointing. I mean, no big titles I would be interested in were announced, and neither Sony nor Microsoft mentioned a new console.