Duplication

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Duplication.
    P/W/C Type: Wisdom.
    Appearance: The clone looks identical to the original, if slightly translucent.
    Description of Function: Creates a clone of the user. The clone masters all spells, skills, and techniques that the original does, but does not have their magic-tier items. It can use these spells, skills and techniques at will, or when telepathically instructed so by the original.
    Limitations: The clone is dispelled after a certain amount of time, taking too much damage, or if the original takes too much damage. The clone cannot speak or perform complex tasks, thus being easily discerned from the original. Only one clone can exist at a time.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Duplication
    Borderline-canon, spell- offense.
    [Clone]

[prices]

Creates a clone of the original, slightly translucent and without shadow, but otherwise identical. While appearing without weapons or magic-tier items, the clone masters all spells, skills or techniques that the original does and can use them either when it sees fit or when telepathically instructed so by the original. The clone cannot speak or perform complex tasks and is therefore easily discerned from the original. After a certain amount of time or damage to either the clone or the original, the clone is dispelled. Only one clone can exist at a time.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

My initial thoughts on this are "really frickin powerful" and "heehhehe."

Really frickin powerful because... let's say Tobias has the Thunder spell. Whoa-uh, there are some mobiles. Quick, Duplication! Simultaneous Thunder Attack! Or, what about Fell Transformation? Could you imagine fighting two beast-form Ganons at once? Yikes! Perhaps this could be fixed, though, by restricting this to Standard treasures only. I can't really think of any Standard treasures that this is really abusable, although even then this is really, really strong. You can basically make it so that your enemy's fighting two of you instead of just one, and eeeeeeh. I'll wait for another mod's input before making any real decisions, mostly because I'm brain-dead tired right now.

hehehe because, well, if this were passed I'd totes give this to Loft and have two of him running around Hyrule :P
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Well, there is a time limit on how long the clone can exist. Additionally, I agree that it should only be able to use the Standard/Minor spells, skills and techniques possessed by the original- I forgot to put that in the description.

This is mostly based off of Agahnim and Agunima, from the games, except in this case it would be easier to tell who is real and who is the clone. I could try and bind in the overpoweredness by halving the strength or effectiveness of the spells, skills and techniques of the clone relative to those of the original, as well as severely limiting the possible distance between clone and original.
  4. Quill

What if it was given a "quickly exhausts the caster" or something like that? The power would be good with a drawback like that, I'm thinking. Probably a W+C spell, too.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    That sounds like a good idea, manageable to RP, too. I'll put up a second draft during break.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Duplication.
    P/W/C Type: Wisdom and Courage?
    Appearance: The clone looks identical to the original, if slightly translucent and lacking a shadow.
    Description of Function: Creates a clone of the user. The clone masters all spells, skills, and techniques that the original does, but does not have their magic-tier items. It can use these spells, skills and techniques at will, or when telepathically instructed so by the original.
    Limitations: The clone is dispelled after a certain amount of time, taking too much damage, or if the original takes too much damage. The clone cannot speak or perform complex tasks, thus being easily discerned from the original. Only one clone can exist at a time. The user becomes increasingly exhausted by performing and maintaining the spell.

Description suggestion (open)
    `Duplication
    [Clone]

[prices]

Creates a clone of the original, slightly translucent and without shadow, but otherwise identical. While appearing without weapons or magic-tier items, the clone masters all spells, skills or techniques that the original does and can use them either when it sees fit or when telepathically instructed so by the original. The clone cannot speak or perform complex tasks and is therefore easily discerned from the original. After a certain amount of time or damage to either the clone or the original, the clone is dispelled. Only one clone can exist at a time. Performing and maintaining this spell is tiring, with the user becoming exhausted more quickly as the clone exists longer.
  7. Quill

"The clone is dispelled after a certain amount of time." Does this mean the caster willingly ending the spell, something that should be in there anyway, or do you mean that this has a time limit? With the "quickly and increasingly exhausts the caster" bit the necessity of a time limit could be argued either way, I think.
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Well, yes. I initially had the idea that it could only last for so long. Obviously we don't want people having their clones running about indefinitely. Of course I forgot to add in that it can be ended at will >.<
  9. Quill

Hmm... I would say that this doesn't need a real time limit. As long as we make it clear that this quickly and increasingly exhausts the caster, we should be fine. Perhaps a "disappears if caster faints" as well, unless that seems covered by the "if the original takes too much damage."

Whaddoyou think?
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    That'd probably work, yeah. I'll add in the clause for the user passing out, too. Not right now, though. Probably tomorrow, before or after class.
  11. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay, I think I have everything now. Added in a sentence to clarify that no Major Treasures, nor Duplication itself (A very important detail I can't believe I forgot) are held by the clone, listed all possible ways the clone can be dispelled as far as I know, and tried to make things a little more coherent and less thrown together.

In other words, return of BP's unnecessarily long treasure descriptions >.<

Name: Duplication
    PWC type: Wisdom and Courage?
    Appearance: The clone looks identical to the original, if slightly translucent and lacking a shadow.
    Description of Function: Creates a clone of the user. The clone masters all spells, skills, and techniques that the original does. It can use these spells, skills and techniques at will, or when telepathically instructed so by the original.
    Limitations: The clone is dispelled after a certain amount of time, taking too much damage, or if the original takes too much damage. The clone cannot speak or perform complex tasks, thus being easily discerned from the original. Only one clone can exist at a time. The user becomes increasingly exhausted by performing and maintaining the spell. The clone does not possess any physical items, Major Treasures, or Duplication itself.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Duplication
    [Clone]

[prices]

Creates a clone of the original, slightly translucent and without shadow, but otherwise identical. While appearing without weapons or magic-tier items, the clone masters all spells, skills or techniques that the original does (barring Duplication itself and all Major Treasures) and can use them either when it sees fit or when telepathically instructed so by the original. The clone cannot speak or perform complex tasks and is therefore easily discerned from the original. Only one clone can exist at a time. Performing and maintaining this spell is tiring, with the user becoming exhausted more quickly as the clone exists longer. If the user passes out, the clone is dispelled. This also happens after a certain amount of damage is dealt to either the clone or the original, or the user can dispel it at will.
  12. Quill

So, apparently, this is being withdrawn.