Downtime Explanation

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey everyone!

If you tried to get on today, you probably noticed that the website was down. This was due to problems with our domain name's parking. The problem was that the domain name was parked at our former host, and since we switched hosts, they decided to delete our account which made it so that our new host couldn't use the domain name. I've done a quick fix, and talked to our former hosts to get the account back up, however I will be looking in to moving our domain's parking to our new host so that this does not happen again.

For some reason, at this time the forum is working and the webpage is not. This is likely due to the fact that this is a sub-domain, so expect the main web pages to be up again soon.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience. I would have taken care of this earlier, however I was on the road all day!
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Also, as a side note. All of the images that are hosted on the mainpage (mainly the skin) will be down until the issue is resolved (they said it could be 24 hours so we'll wait and see).So don't worry about how ugly things look, they will be fixed within the next day.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Thanks for the info, Toko. Let's hope things get better soon!
  4. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Thank you for the clarification. A good part of my day was spent refreshing the page in vain, and getting really sad when a 404 came up in its place. If you listened really closely, you could hear my heart cry "Noooo~".
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Haha, did you think it was gone for good?
  6. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

No, but when I have spare time, I check sites constantly and not being able to check HC lead to a lot of searching around my computer for a problem or pondering what was happening on the internet that would stop it. :lol:
  7. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Oh, good. I wasn't going to make a post since I thought it could be the campsite's internet being weird, but I was a little worried when I kept getting 404s on Ylisse and 403s on the main page. Good to know it's being worked on AND that it's not Firefox.
  8. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Pretty sure it was actually Bluehost's servers going down. Their data center in Provo malfunctioned. Some of our clients at work who had hosting with them were also having issues with 404s. If anyone cares. All is good now.
  9. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

It may have had an effect, but ipage was the main issue. They had gotten rid of our domain parking and locked the domain. After I called and set up a domain parking account and had them put hyrulecastle.org on my account I was able to unlock the domain and point the domain to the files on bluehosts server. Anyway, it was fixed.