Doubleruns through Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Double_r111, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Okay guys! This is it! Sit back, because the show is about to begin! It's time for Fire Emblem: Blazing sword! This first update won't have much text. It'll mostly be pictures of the intro at the beginning. It'll start getting good once we get into the game itself, I promise!

Intro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whooo! This is it! Okay everyone, you've seen the opening! What do you think of the pictures? Everything look good? There's really not much to say about the part, so I'm just going to go onto the prologue. There'll be more to say there, I promise.
  2. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    This is by far one of the best FE games out there (right behind Awakening that is)

Anyone who hasn't played this MUST play it. It's a good one
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Prologue - A girl from the plains

Well, this is it. The beginning of the game. The real one! Well, it looks like our adventure is about to unfold! NOTE: The prologue is completely scripted on Lyn normal mode, so I'm not really doing much yet.

[​IMG]
    Right off the bat we're show this screen and designing a character. I already did it here, so lets move on and start the real game!

[​IMG]
    So, we've been found unconscious in the middle of nowhere by a protagonist. This isn't familiar at all. Okay, seriously though, this start isn't typical of Fire Emblem games to those who've only played Awakening. It's just these two.

[​IMG]
    Well, she seems nice enough. I think we'll get along just fine.

[​IMG]
    I take back everything I just said.

Suddenly out of nowhere there's a noise!

[​IMG]
    Lyn goes to see what it is. This can't go wrong at all.

[​IMG]
    Okay, seriously, what did you expect, ponies?!

Anyways, this here is our map.
    [​IMG]
    Lovely, isn't it?

Lyn decides she needs to be closer to the enemy.

[​IMG]
    If you didn't want him to notice you you shouldn't have move closer Lyn. Seriously, that should be, like, common sense.

[​IMG]
    What?! Now you want to attack?! Make up your mind Woman!

[​IMG]
    First blood of the game! Though I don't get how tapping his knee with her hand is going to do much of anything.

[​IMG]
    We decide to head up on the general direction of the boss who is standing on a Ger. Lyn, naturally, decides we don't know what a Ger is and explains it.

Boss time! This guy looks pretty tough, but as long as we're smart about this and let him attack so we can heal on our turn it should be alright.

[​IMG]
    LYN YOU IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU ATTACK HIM?!

[​IMG]
    Totally saw this coming. Good job Lyn.

[​IMG]
    If you listened to me you'd be fine. This is all your fault Lyn. If you die, it's all on you.

[​IMG]
    Good job Lyn. You may live to see another day after all.

[​IMG]
    And now Lyn gets a critical hit, in which she releases the power of the sun on poor Batta here.

[​IMG]
    Not bad. Not bad at all Lyn. We may make a fighter out of you yet.

[​IMG]
    Like I said before Lyn. That was your fault. You'd have been fine if you listened to me.

[​IMG]
    Sorry Lyn, there will always be someone who can defeat you. Hector's in this game.

[​IMG]
    Nnnnnnngh... Five more minutes mom...

Wait a second. I'm still with Lyn aren't I? Dang it, I thought I was free.

[​IMG]
    No. I might have said yes if you didn't insult my name earlier.

[​IMG]
    Sure, yeah, that's what I want.

[​IMG]
    Oh. Well, this is awkward...

[​IMG]
    Lyn is starting to get a little depressing here.

[​IMG]
    You know, this is getting really bad. I hope Lyn finished soon, because it's hard to write comedy when this is the material I have to work with.

[​IMG]
    And out comes her real plan. If I say no now then it'll make me look like a complete jerk. I suppose if you must. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about it Lyn.

[​IMG]
    Thank you, thank you. I am great, aren't I?

[​IMG]
    That depends. Will you actually listen to me in the future? Because all you'll be is dead if you pull more things like that.
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Chapter 1 - Footsteps of Fate

Warning: This chapter is extremely image heavy. The next few may be the same way. I will cut back on pictures in the future, the reason these ones have had so many is because of all the scripted events. I like to follow scripted events more closely than I would the normal game. You will see how I will do future chapters once things are not scripted as soon as I gain the freedom to do as I wish in this chapter. I apologize for the inconvenience and I will attempt to cut down in the future.

[​IMG]
    Why does this game insist on calling me strange? Am I really that weird?

[​IMG]
    Something that'll alter her life forever, eh? Looks like the plot is starting to shape up a little.

We decide to go to the city of Bulgar (Largest in Sacae), when suddenly...
    [​IMG]
    Lyn is hit on from nowhere! I don't know who would want to hit on Lyn, but hey, it's his loss.

[​IMG]
    It appears to be some sort of knight. He continues the barrage of flirting. Get used to this with him. Sain likes his women. Very much. Perhaps a little too much.

[​IMG]
    Oh god there's a whole land of people like you?

[​IMG]
    Lyn covers up her fear of this no doubt horrifying land with insults. The knight is not phased.

[​IMG]
    I suppose Lyn's good at dodging men. Both on and off the battlefield.

[​IMG]
    Suddenly another knight appears! He seems a lot more... not smitten with every girl in the game than the other one.

[​IMG]
    I thought knights were supposed to show chivalry and honor. These ones have done nothing but hit on us and block our path with horses.

[​IMG]
    The knight named Kent says he recognizes her. Sain is not amused.

[​IMG]
    Lyn goes all out racist, deciding that all Lycians are as horrible as Sain. Granted, it'd be hard not to have a sour taste in your mouth if the first Lycian you ever met was Sain.

[​IMG]
    Kent is understandably outraged at Sain's assumption he was hitting on Lyn. Can you really see Kent having any interest in Lyn anyways?

[​IMG]
    Their mission? Could this be the thing the chapter intro told me would change Lyn's life forever?

[​IMG]
    Lyn is being followed. There are so many jokes I could make about this here, but I will refrain myself. I have some decency after all.

[​IMG]
    No, her name is Lyn. Move along bandit, you have the wrong person.

[​IMG]
    Lyn, shhh! I had everything covered! Now all you're doing is telling him it's you! I mean seriously, look how ugly he is! Do you really think someone like him could be a potential ally?

[​IMG]
    I don't know Lyn. You have two vulneries, there are forests everywhere, and they're all axe fighters with low hit percentages already. If you wanted, you could probably solo this whole chapter.

[​IMG]
    The knights have come to the "rescue". I'm using them on my team anyways, so I suppose it's not a bad addition.

[​IMG]
    What happened to more than I can handle? Seriously Lyn, help comes out of nowhere and you tell it you'd prefer to die. This kind of thing is why I didn't want to go with you.

[​IMG]
    Sain wants to attack. As you are about to see, the game loves making Sain look bad and inexperienced. By the same token, it also loves making Kent look like some perfect deity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See what I mean?

[​IMG]
    Y'know Sain, he has a point. With weapon triangle advantage, you WOULD have probably hit the bandit.

[​IMG]
    I can't really deny his logic. In the Total War series I always prefer the cavalry with the big lances over the cavalry with swords. Swords are just... Boring when on horseback.

[​IMG]
    And now the truth comes out. As I said before, expect this sort of thing to be common with Sain. He's not the brightest knight in Lycia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Kent is perfect, as usual.

[​IMG]
    Sain is ready to attack again, this time with a sword. Maybe this time he'll actually hit the bandit?

[​IMG]
    Nope! Did you really think the game developers were going to let Sain have a break so soon?

[​IMG]
    Lyn helpfully points out that Sain is injured, and hasn't healed himself.

[​IMG]
    Sain somehow has not noticed his wounds. I'm not sure whether that's good because it means he can keep fighting on or bad because he'll die like that.

[​IMG]
    Wow Lyn. Really? You'd retract your offer and let him bleed because of something like that? Cold.

[​IMG]
    Finally, I have control over the chapter! So, how I'm going to do things is I will explain my strategy, and only show some things instead of practically everything like I've done with the scripted parts. Here my strategy is to use Kent as a diversion so the bandit will attack him and not Lyn. Sain will defeat the other one. From there they will both meet and attack the bandit by the bridge, taking him on. Lyn will attack the boss while the bandit is distracted fighting the knights.

[​IMG]
    Finally! Sains first successful hit!

[​IMG]
    Really Kent? HP and Luck? What kind of level up is that?!

[​IMG]
    Lyn attacked the boss, and weakened him considerably. However, she was also hit, and I, not wanting to waste a vulnery or risk her death and attack, sent her away. Instead, Sain delivered the finishing blow.

[​IMG]
    Seriously? HP and Luck? Is the game messing with me or something? At least STR went up for Sain, so it wasn't all bad.

[​IMG]
    Apparently the knights came here searching for someone. I wonder who it could be?

[​IMG]
    Kent explains that Marquess Caelin had a daughter by the name of Madelyn. However, she Left him to live on the plains of Sacae. This outraged him so much that he declared he had no daughter. However, years later, he received word that his daughter was alive. What's more, she had a daughter.

[​IMG]
    Sound familiar?

[​IMG]
    That seems like a weird assumption to make. He seems to be right, but it is kind of weird that Kent just knew who she was on sight. Maybe Kent DID see her first...

[​IMG]
    Yes Kent, why would you think that?

[​IMG]
    Madelyn's portraits in Caelin? But if the marquess declared that he had no daughter then he shouldn't have portraits of his daughter lying around. You just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper, don't Kent?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lyn explains that she is indeed Lyndis. Like we didn't see that one coming.

[​IMG]
    Suddenly, Lyn remembers who else used the name Lyndis. The bandit!

[​IMG]
    Kent, being the perfect being we mentioned earlier, not only instantly knows who Lyn is, but also why the bandit knew her real name.

[​IMG]
    Lyn asks who Lundgren is. Apparently the Marquess's younger brother. Remember that younger is relative. There's a difference between younger and young. I'm just throwing that out there now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apparently Lundgren is Lyn's power hungry granduncle who will stop at nothing to achieve power. This complicates things a little.

[​IMG]
    The knights offer us aid in reaching Caelin. It's dangerous to go alone, but two lone knights is obviously enough to keep us safe from the hordes of bandits that will no doubt come after us on the way there.

[​IMG]
    Are you kidding Lyn?! This means this trip will have an end! This is great news!
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Chapter 2 - Sword of Spirits

So, remember my warning about cutting back on images? This one was going to have less, but then I got a surprise scene at the end that pushed me even higher than Chapter 1. So I decided forget it, you'll just put up with my image heavy LP style without warnings. So, let us begin!

[​IMG]
    What, more distractions?! Come on, can't we just go already! I need to get awa- I mean umm, Lyn's grandfather is dying! We can't waste time!

[​IMG]
    Wait, grand inheritance you say? I suppose we can stop here then.

[​IMG]
    No

[​IMG]
    Even Sain finds your silly tradition quaint.

[​IMG]
    Kent? Are you trying to preach your own religion to her? I'd have never thought you'd be the kind of person to do that.

[​IMG]
    Oh.

[​IMG]
    Meanwhile in the shrine, an old guy is being harassed!

[​IMG]
    And this is the sword we've been hearing about. The Mani Katti. I have no clue what either of those words mean, but apparently they make a sword.

[​IMG]
    You know old man, he actually has a really good point. What IS the point of having a sword if you don't use it, hm?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now I understand you might think it's silly to fear glass, but think for a moment. Have you ever stepped on glass? It hurts. A lot. The gods are more than reasonable in fearing it.

[​IMG]
    A legendary sword was made for a low level boss who probably doesn't have a single stat above 10. Seems legit.

[​IMG]
    HAH! Weakling.

[​IMG]
    Not only is the sword alive, but it refers to itself as a plural.

[​IMG]
    You're one of those people whose sole purpose of existing is to give me a job to do, isn't it?

[​IMG]
    Yep...

[​IMG]
    Seriously Lyn? Did you not just listen to that whole conversation?

[​IMG]
    So, here it's going to make me visit the houses on the first turn because Lyn normal mode is annoying. So here's the strategy now. The cavaliers will advance to the north and take out that one bandit. Lyn will proceed down the southern path through the mountains, allowing her to take out the bandit by the door, as well as the other ones down there.

[​IMG]
    These bandits must have some sort of superpower with that jump. Come to think of it, can everyone in the Fire Emblem world perform superhuman acrobatic stunts like that?

[​IMG]
    A quick update on the current position. Lyn is proceeding as planned, and Sain is taking care of that crack in the wall. Kent is sitting in back mocking Sain's poor job of wall breaking.

[​IMG]
    Sain has broken light with this attack. Good job Sain.

[​IMG]
    Finally a good level up! I would have liked for Defense to go up too, but both speed and skill is pretty good for Sain.

[​IMG]
    I think I have a pretty good chance, taking the weapon triangle into consideration.

[​IMG]
    Gee. I wonder who will win?

[​IMG]
    I guess Glass just Kent beat him!

[​IMG]
    I love you too RNG.

[​IMG]
    The very last bandit seems to think he can take out Lyn. Let's see how this works for him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He missed and proceeded to get knee tapped by Lyn twice.

[​IMG]
    Really RNG? You're gonna do this to me? Fine. I'm sorry I praised you earlier.

[​IMG]
    HAHAHA! BRING MORE SERVANTS! KING SAIN DEMANDS IT!

[​IMG]
    Your spell? What happened to the spirits?

[​IMG]
    Our reward for saving your life, and a legendary treasure of Sacae... Is to be able to do the exact same thing everyone else who comes here does.

[​IMG]
    ARRRRRRGH I'VE GONE BLIND!

[​IMG]
    The "Spirits"

[​IMG]
    You know, I think you made this whole spirit thing up for fame. And when you got attacked by Glass you decided it's not worth it and decided to pawn it off to me.

[​IMG]
    They generally do that Lyn. There's a reason the scabbard is made to store a sword. If it didn't come out easily, it'd be kind of failing at its job.

[​IMG]
    No Lyn, Sain's sword.

[​IMG]
    Except for you know, all those other legendary weapons lying around everywhere. Those don't count.

[​IMG]
    Hah! You got that right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No Sain. That made no sense whatsoever.

[​IMG]

-----------------------------

Hah! Did you think we were done here! Not yet! It's time for some drama at Castle Caelin!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wait. You hired bandits to kill someone you didn't know was alive?

[​IMG]
    I never did get why bandits live on mountains. It seems to be an unspoken rule of Fire Emblem. Pirates live on boats, lords live in castles, and bandits live on mountains.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gasp! Lundgren is poisoning the Marquess?! I totally didn't see this coming!

[​IMG]
    Lundgren leaves us off here with the least original quote in the history of ever.
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Band of Mercenaries

AKA: In which everyone blinks

[​IMG]
    Wait... Didn't that happen in Chapter 1? Come on game, get it right.

[​IMG]
    You can tell because they're also the ugliest.

[​IMG]
    Sain. We're in Sacae. There are no Marquesses in Sacae.

[​IMG]
    See? Even Lyn realizes this.

[​IMG]
    Lyn tells the story of her tribe to Kent and Sain.

[​IMG]
    You know what I think would be really cool? If they ever touched upon the other survivers. I mean, whatever happened to them? And why would they all part ways? If they ever make another game in Elibe (Which is fairly unlikely to tell the truth), it would be really cool of them to touch on this.

[​IMG]
    Woahhhh. Lyn is serious about this whole revenge thing.

Kent and Sain even offer to go along with her.

[​IMG]
    What? No! I never said that! I can't even fight, what use would I be to you in fighting the Taliver bandits? I mean, you're a sworded dodge tank, can't you just take them out yourself? On second thought... After your poor decision making with Batta, maybe it's best I come along and make sure you don't die.

Meanwhile! Across town a pegasus knight is being attacked!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ummm... Say sorry?

[​IMG]
    Flying mule? But mule aren't horses! Don't you know anything about horses?!

[​IMG]
    She shows her strong side here

[​IMG]
    Well, that worked wonderfully.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Because bandits reply to begging.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She is not good at being intimidating unfortunately. Although even if she were, I'm pretty sure these bandits wouldn't particularly care.

[​IMG]
    Kent is the first to notice something is amiss, and springs into action!

[​IMG]
    Lyn knows ALL pegasus knights!

[​IMG]
    See? She could recognize her just from the pegasus. That takes skill.

[​IMG]
    Apparently Florina's been following us.

[​IMG]
    The great Kent catches on to the situation in seconds!

[​IMG]
    Unfortunately, Florina doesn't like men. Even our hero Kent is scary to her.

[​IMG]
    Wait. So you just assumed some random village in the mountains knew of Lyn? Hold on a second. These mountains are known for being infested with bandits to begin with... So what are villages doing up here?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lyn, naturally, assumes everyone but her is a klutz.

[​IMG]
    How do you land a pegasus on someone a little?!

[​IMG]
    Has he been listening to their whole conversation? Creep.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes Lyn. Apologize to the bloodthirsty bandits. That'll stop them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See Lyn? I told you it wouldn't work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lyn, these are angry bandits. We already established this wouldn't work.

[​IMG]
    No. She's just pretending. The pegasus she's riding isn't real.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If I weren't I wouldn't be playing the game.

[​IMG]
    That's me!

[​IMG]
    What, do you think my name is weird too?

And with that, we begin by immediately recruiting a new member of our team (Who'll never be used)!
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The game is forcing me to use Wil for one battle unfortunately, but I'd prefer to try to avoid using characters who won't be on my final team whenever possible.

[​IMG]
    Yep, it made me make Florina shish-kebab him too.

[​IMG]
    Now that that's out of the way, I can finally explain my strategy. I will be using that area outside of the walls with the forest as a chokepoint, and let the enemies come to me. They will all attack, miss due to the forest, and be defeated one by one. Let's do it!

[​IMG]
    The red lightning here charges back from an attack!

[​IMG]
    And the green thunder finishes him off!

[​IMG]
    Another archer has attacked Sain. I honestly did not expect this.

[​IMG]
    Yeah, he is pretty scary Lyn.

[​IMG]
    How do you know she's not talking about the archer that just attacked Sain Lyn? Why do you assume she means Wil?

[​IMG]
    Florina is afraid of him too. She's afraid of pretty much all men.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yep. This is how the game does it's extremely obvious tutorial on why not to let pegasus knights near bows.

[​IMG]
    I've sent Florina up to the village. I prefer to restrain from using her, but she's up there so I may as well before bringing her back down.

[​IMG]
    But now that you're here I suddenly remember what to do!

[​IMG]
    They can't have our money because they're bad, but you can take it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sain has unfortunately been reduced to using the far less heroic sword for the time being.

[​IMG]
    ... Thanks RNG. I mean it. Thank you so much.

[​IMG]
    That bandit is so dead.

[​IMG]
    Well... I honestly did not expect this to happen. The forest seemed like a safe place for him.

[​IMG]
    Haha very funny. I said I wanted defense so you gave me nothing but defense and HP.

[​IMG]
    Here I'm about to show you a little trick called equipping new weapons after moving. First you start a trade...

[​IMG]
    Then you swap the weapon you want to the top! The lance is far more heroic, so we're using it.

[​IMG]
    I don't know, that doesn't look like a miss to me.

[​IMG]
    Kent continues to look awesome in everything he does.

[​IMG]
    She was supposed to finish off the boss this turn, but she's just barely out of range.

[​IMG]
    Well, I was going to attack, but if he hit, Lyn would be at risk of dying, even with that low hit percentage. Luckily, this time I'm in charge this time and not Lyn, so we can just wait in front of him and let him attack.

[​IMG]
    Yes. That's why I went up to you with my weapons drawn after slaying your whole army.

[​IMG]
    Lyn realizes revenge may come sooner than she thought.

[​IMG]
    Or not.

[​IMG]
    Chivalrous bandits, are you? That's good, the world needs more people like that.

[​IMG]
    I take back that last sentence.

[​IMG]
    THIS is why I waited for him to attack rather than attacking on my turn!

[​IMG]
    Lyn destroys him with a critical. You really can't get Lyn's critical with just a screenshot. It's far too insane for that.

[​IMG]
    And done.

[​IMG]
    More defense? Okay, now I'm pretty sure the RNG is just messing with me. At least it;s with a character who can use it somewhat. Although some more STR would be nice for her.

[​IMG]
    Because I was stalking you lonely!

[​IMG]
    Doesn't freelance mean takes on any job? I'm pretty sure that's not us.

[​IMG]
    Sorry, we don't fit the requirements. Move along.

[​IMG]
    No, men ARE very scary.

[​IMG]
    You're wrong. You can't join us because we don't fit what you're looking for. Move along.

[​IMG]
    Sain never misses his chance to get a girl.

[​IMG]
    Kent tries to keep him in check, but Sain is simply too much. Even for mighty Kent.

[​IMG]
    You know what, fine. This obviously isn't going to be dropped. You can't fight in your time here though.

[​IMG]
    Apparently Wil is also coming with us. He doesn't even have a say in the matter.

He's not allowed to fight either.

[​IMG]
    Kent realizes we need to get our priorities straight! None of this silly "friend" stuff. It's just Lyn and the Knights.

[​IMG]
    Florina is thrilled to come along!

[​IMG]
    Sain is thrilled to bring Florina along!

[​IMG]
    Florina is, understandably, terrified by Sain.

[​IMG]
    Thank you Kent! This is what I've been trying to tell them!

[​IMG]
    I know Lyn. If we just listened to Kent, it'd still be the three of you. Blame Sain for this.

----------------------

Blink counter - 28 (partial blinks are counted)