Distress Ring

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Distress Ring

P/W/C Type: ?

Appearance: A ring with the ornament of a lighthouse.

Description of Function: The wearer may choose to broadcast a short pre-recorded message. The signal itself lends no clues to the location of the wearer.

Limitations: The message can be heard by anyone, or anything, within its variable range of up to a mile. This message will not cease if the wearer were to die; if the wearer were to pass while the ring was activated, it would continue to broadcast the message until it was deactivated.
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I like the concept. Approved. [1/2]
  3. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

2/2 for the concept as well, since the author gets to draft in this instance. I think we could probably use an example of its use in the treasure itself
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

`Distress Ring
    Original: Quill, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Communication], [Magical], [Ring]

P5: 20 rupees
    P4: 30 rupees
    P3: 45 rupees
    P2: 60 rupees
    P1: 85 rupees

The wearer may choose to broadcast a short pre-recorded message, which can be heard by any creature within its adjustable range of up to a mile. The signal itself lends no clues to the location of the wearer and will not cease, even upon the wearer's death, until deactivated by the wearer or removed from his finger.
  5. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

After private consultation, this treasure will actually be scrapped for the time being. Moving accordingly.