Din's Power [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Note: This is a treasure that was accepted WAY the heck back, along with its sister treasures Nayru's Wisdom and Farore's Courage. I have since re-written all three treasures to reflect the fact that PWC no longer counts as a stat; I can provide these re-written versions of Nayru's Wisdom and Farore's Courage if a mod wants to update them. Any changes that I have to make to Din's Power, I will make to the other two before providing the updated descriptions.

Name: Din's Power.
    P/W/C Type: Power.
    Appearance: N/A.
    Description of Function: Increases the physical strength of all listeners for a limited time.
    Limitations: The song has to be finished to take effect, the effect lasts up to five minutes, and anyone within hearing range, including enemies, are affected.

Description suggestion (open)
    `Din’s Power
    Original: Blonde Panther, Ability- utility
    [Music][Empowerment]

P5: 30 Rupees
    P4: 40 Rupees
    P3: 60 Rupees
    P2: 70 Rupees
    Prerequisites to obtain and use: Power 2 or user’s specialty is Music.

By performing a certain musical number with an instrument or one’s own voice, and putting their heart into each note, Din’s Power can be activated. For up to five minutes after this magical song finishes, the user and listeners experience an increase in physical strength, allowing them to withstand blows more easily and fight with more power. A drawback is that this applies to the user’s foes, as well, as long as they can hear the song being sung. The duration of Din’s Power can be greatly reduced if the user is interrupted in the song.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Din's Power [1/2]

I'm down. [1/2]
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

Even with the P2 requirement?
  4. Ribitta

Quill may correct me, but I believe the option of having a PWC requirement is fine if it is paired with an alternative, in this case Speciality: [Music]. We avoided the PWC requirements partially because of the stance of it being meta, but mostly just because of the restrictions it may bring up in most instances. When we went through the LoT and cleaned up the prereq portions, we left the ones in that gave the buyer a choice of two paths for eligibility.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

That makes sense. I rest my case, unless a different mod feels it should be taken out.
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Din's Power [2/2]

I don't see why it should. This has my approval. [2/2]
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

Okay, cool. In that case, here's the updated descriptions for the other two, as well.

Nayru's Wisdom (open)
    `Nayru’s Wisdom
    Original: Blonde Panther, Ability - Utility
    [Music][Empowerment]

W5: 30 Rupees
    W4: 40 Rupees
    W3: 60 Rupees
    W2: 70 Rupees

Prerequisites to obtain and use: Wisdom 2 or user’s specialty is Music.

By performing a certain musical number with an instrument or one’s own voice, and putting their magical power into each note, Nayru’s Wisdom can be activated. For up to five minutes after this magical song finishes, the user and listeners will find their magic power and resilience to magic are greater than they were before. A drawback is that this applies to the user’s foes, as well, as long as they can hear the song being sung. The duration of Nayru’s Wisdom can be greatly reduced if the user is interrupted in the song.

Farore's Courage (open)
    `Farore’s Courage
    [Music][Empowerment]

C5: 30 Rupees
    C4: 40 Rupees
    C3: 60 Rupees
    C2: 70 Rupees
    Prerequisites to obtain and use: Courage 2 or user’s specialty is Music.

By performing a certain musical number with an instrument or one’s own voice, and putting their conviction into each note, Farore’s Courage can be activated. For up to five minutes after this magical song finishes, the user and listeners clear their mind, increasing their ability to think clearly and to more bravely stand up to things that would normally scare them. A drawback is that this applies to the user’s foes, as well, as long as they can hear the song being sung. The duration of Farore’s Courage can be greatly reduced if the user is interrupted in the song.
  8. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I think some discussion of the other two is needed, however brief; I don't feel comfortable blanket-passing anything in. Regardless of Nayru's Wisdom and Farore's Courage, though, Din's Power is set. We could just discuss the other two in this thread, one at a time- I don't see a point in making you wait until next month. We can start on Nayru's Wisdom next, methinks.

How's this?

9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Is a P1 price necessary? P2 is a requirement, and a Specialty in Music automatically raises Power to at least 2. other than that, I'm perfectly fine with that set-up.
  10. Quill

It can't hurt, and you never know if we'll need it down the line. Din's Power has been passed, and I'll talk to the other about what to do with Farore's Courage and Nayrue's Affection.
  11. Ribitta

So Nayru's Affection seems fine to me, it's Farore's Courage that I feel could use some slight altering. Given that "Courage" is the most ambiguous of the three, simply making a song that inspires courage might not be enough to constitute a treasure.

Would you be down with not including a time period at all, and making it so it inspires courage into the hearts of allies and fear into the hearts of enemies? Seems a little more magical/impactful/worth it.
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    It's different from the other songs, but I'm fine with that. Like you said, it makes the treasure more worth it and the wording is better now that you can't just say "+1 Courage, up to you what exactly that does."
  13. Ribitta

Only altered slightly. For their prices, I changed them to all be identical with each other. Doesn't really make sense to me why Din's Power would be the cheapest of the three, so I lowered the other two. Does this suffice?

`Farore’s Courage
    [Music][Empowerment]

C5: 20 rupees
    C4: 25 rupees
    C3: 35 rupees
    C2: 50 rupees
    C1: 65 rupees

Prerequisites to obtain and use: Courage 2 or user’s specialty is Music.

By performing a certain musical number with an instrument or one’s own voice, and putting their conviction into each note, Farore’s Courage can be activated. For an extended time after this magical song finishes, the user and allies clear their mind, increasing their ability to think clearly and to more bravely stand up to things that would normally scare them. Conversely, this song will also strike fear into the hearts of enemies, bringing doubt and worry to their minds. The duration of Farore’s Courage can be greatly reduced if the user is interrupted in the middle of the song.

`Nayru’s Wisdom
    Original: Blonde Panther, Ability - Utility
    [Music][Empowerment]

W5: 20 rupees
    W4: 25 rupees
    W3: 35 rupees
    W2: 50 rupees
    W1: 65 rupees

Prerequisites to obtain and use: Wisdom 2 or user’s specialty is Music.

By performing a certain musical number with an instrument or one’s own voice, and putting their magical power into each note, Nayru’s Wisdom can be activated. For up to five minutes after this magical song finishes, the user and listeners will find their magic power and resilience to magic are greater than they were before. A drawback is that this applies to the user’s foes, as well, as long as they can hear the song being sung. The duration of Nayru’s Wisdom can be greatly reduced if the user is interrupted in the song.
  14. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Yep, I'm down. I should note that both Farore's Courage and Nayru's Wisdom are already in use by a few characters- I take it there's not going to be any refunds?
  15. Ribitta

Not this time. Typically refunds will only come with a drastic change or removing a treasure altogether. Anyway, this is approved.
  16. Quill

I would just like to re-iterate that if you already possess any of these three treasures, you will continue to possess them in their new form. You don't need to repurchase them.