Die Swiftly [Ylisse, One Spot, Regular]

Discussion in 'Discussion Threads' started by [L], Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [L]

[L] Esistente new

Die Swiftly

Setting: The fairly large lake near the Plegia/Ylisse border
    RP Type: Regular
    Genre: Action/Mystery

A group of marauders had been performing swift raids on lakeside settlements, looting, pillaging and taking hostages quite aggressively over the past month. Though, of late, their activity has died down, causing many a villager, especially those with ransomed loved ones, to worry.

Have they fled the area entirely, bringing their hostages to Plegia to await Naga knows what horrible fate? Are they gearing up for a larger operation? Or have they found their selves killed by someone or something unable or unknowing enough to fail to free their loved ones?

Whatever the case, many a soul has petitioned and perhaps even payed all manner of mercenaries, adventurers and kind souls to have the islands that dot the lake scoured for the bandits and, more importantly, those taken.

Cast List

Introductory notes:
    • Should have the thread up a day or so after we've for sure decided on the below, everybody I've already listed re-confirms involvement and all open slots are filled.
    • We can RP our characters running into each other during the search or opt to just skip that and assume “everybody totally ran into each other eventually” as long as we determine the circumstances of that here. Or some combination of both methods on a character by character basis. It’s whatever, really, just so long as nobody decides their character already totally found/took care of all the problems.
    General Notes:
    • Been a while since I’ve done the whole RPing thing, but I should probably list some basic things about my thread running style. Main things I expect from the RPers: read, communicate and don’t chain post. The first should be simple, the second is an open invitation to use this discussion thread often and the third is common courtesy to all the other characters in the thread (nobody likes to come home from work to find 10 or more new posts, every one of them two characters talking to each other while their own just sort of stood around doing/saying nothing apparently).
    • I, personally, have a somewhat hard time caring/envisioning what levels mean. This means none of the enemies you face will have levels and you should just assume ‘they’re a competent challenge for my character’ until and unless I or another RPer makes it obvious that they’re not (i.e. somebody else posting that their character is being overwhelmed so your stronger one might need to bail them out or something). This also means I’ll quite easily accept characters regardless of level. The player party as it stands now already has a variety of levels across it so expect enemy parties are similar like that without me having to specify it.
    • I’m completely chill with other people adding to/making up elements of the plot in my RPs. I mean, I’ll expect them to make at least a bit of sense, but beyond that add whatever details you want so long as they don’t directly contradict things I’ve already specified unless you discuss them as potential things you’d like to add here first and everybody’s cool with it (i.e. I’ve said the marauders were based in Plegia, your character finds evidence that they were actually from Ylisse; that's not cool unless mentioned here first and it's cool).
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. Velyoukai

Velyoukai Member new

The confirmation of the esteemed Sirius Marshfellow is included
  3. Staticpulse

Staticpulse New Member new

Lambert is good to go.
  4. Psiwri

Psiwri New Member new

Since I finally got around to making a profile I may as well strike while there's a spot open, should hopefully be showing up in the profiles section soon enough.
  5. Donowitz

Donowitz New Member new

i'm not really sure if i should join, since, well, maggie and lambert are in another thread together already - that could cause some conflict, you know?
  6. [L]

[L] Esistente new

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.