Desecrated Fabric

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Desecrated Fabric

P/W/C Type: None - Magical cloth material

Appearance: Dark fabric that feels like soft leather

Description of Function: Material for making clothes that helps protect the wearer from light magic.

Limitations: Requires one bolt of cloth per shirt or pants, two bolts of cloth for robes.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

See, this is a little iffy. Light magic is generally beneficial, and this would only be useful to someone with DA. I'm not sure whether that fact's important, but it's there. Thoughts?
  3. Spirit Adept

I suggested this mostly to go along with having fabrics that were resistant to elements. At the moment I can't think of a way to enhance it so if it can't stand on its own, feel free to give it the axe.
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I think this can stand on its own. Light magic doesn't necessarily have to be beneficial--I feel like if you got shot by a light arrow, even if you weren't flat out evil, it would kind of suck. That said, healing magic doesn't really count as "light" magic either, and the number of light spells we have right now doesn't really represent what's possible with the field yet. Furthermore, in the instance of a DA user, this could be expressly useful since it would help mitigate their natural weakness to light magic that is accumulated over time.

I am 1/2 for this idea.
  5. Quill

Makes sense. Case in point: we don't even have an actual [Light] field.

How's this?

`Desecrated Fabric
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Light], [Magical], [Material], [Protection]

20 rupees

This dark, leather-like fabric may be used in crafting by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level in the Crafting treasure. It helps to protect the wearer from magic with the [Light] field.
  6. Spirit Adept

Looks good to me.
  7. Quill

[2/2]

Note: we need to go over wording for a [Light] field.