Demon Slayer

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Premium Chaos, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Rogue left the dock before the sun came up and seemingly escaped without any worry of being caught. She shuffled around the village as she noticed the shop owners setting up their shops. She just curiously walked around the town, hearing Impa was becoming an integral part of North Hyrule.

She wondered in a strange building that claimed to be a fortuneteller. She was sitting with her crystal ball at a table and motioned for Rogue to come sit down.

"Do you wish to get your fortune told darling?" she asked in a sweet manner. She had very wild black hair that waved around mysteriously. She spoke in a fairly modern manner and was an attractive lady. Rogue agreed and gave the lady her palms.

"I can tell that you have a very hard past clouded with lies and deceit from everyone you cared about." Rogue snatched her arms away shocked wondering how the woman knew that. "Let's keep off the past and look toward the future."

Rogue gave her the hands again as she continued, "Your love life is very clouded so lets continue. You seem to live a very fast life. My god..."

The lady looks quite shocked as Rogue stood to her feet and began to question what happened. The lady stood to her feet too and covers her mouth. "Your fate is tied with a dastardly demon! You are the only hope to stop a fearsome daemon to be summoned from Ganon's dark disciples."

"You must stop the mages before the demon gets revived or the demon will destroy everything in all of hyrule without competition..."

"What makes you think I'm getting involved?!" she scoffed at the thought of playing a hero.

The fortuneteller looks shocked but quickly regains composer. "Because you must!" she exclaimed as she noticed that Rogue was not a very caring person. "Or you will be cursed! I will curse you with the inability to breathe if you decide to not fight."

Rogue laughed as she began to walk off only to be caught as if some invisible force was choking him before she turned to see the fortune teller looking now to be an old woman with long gray hair. Obviously hexing herself to look younger. "I will be watching from here, you better comply or I won't let go next time. Go north along the coast the resurrection is upon us."

Rogue fell to the ground and grabbed her throat as she scooted her butt away from the witch. A thousand thoughts were going through her mind but she just knew she had to find these mages..
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Re: Dancing with the Devil

Phiorra walked through the streets of Impa, a smile ever present. She was so happy to see all of the people working hard around her to make this town perfect. On a small bench just outside of a store in the market, the priestess sat down, collecting her thoughts. The head priestess sent her here with a very important mission. She’d told Phiorra that a dark presence had been felt, and that it was near Impa. The girl was to go there and see what she could find, hopefully finding and eliminating it before it can cause any trouble.

Phiorra was sent alone due to her decent ability in combat, but not knowing what she was facing made it hard to predict her course of action. She would probably just wait until she noticed anything and react accordingly. She snapped back to reality as she saw a Gerudo leaving a store, looking spooked. Maybe it was a lead? She stood up and tapped her shoulder. “Excuse me ma’am, are you alright?”
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Re: Dancing with the Devil

Jacob laid in a bed about half awake after a sleepless night remembering the battle that he fought in to defend Impa. Tap. Tap. Tap. Jacob's eyes shot open as he scanned the side of the room he was facing. Tap. Tap. Tap. 'There it is again. Where is that...the window?' Jacob though as he slowly got out of the bed and grabbed the mirror shield he had picked up during the battle for Impa. Having the shield raised Jacob inched towards the window as the sound continued. Tap. Tap. Tap. With his free hand Jacob grabbed the curtain and threw it open. Eysseth stood looking into the window as light from the day flooded in blinding Jacob for a few seconds. As his vision cleared he said to his wyvern, "Man I ain't even officially in tha Guard and I'm still gettin' woken up by ya Eysseth. I'll meet ya at the Inn's entrance."

After making up the bed Jacob put on his armor, grabbed his shield and exited the room he was staying at. Jacob walked down to the lobby of the Inn and walked up to the front desk. I tall and thin Zora was organizing keys behind the counter and didn't hear Jacob come down. "Excuse me?" The Zora jumped a bit and turned around. "Oh Mr. Temple. Checking out now? Did you have a pleasant night?" Jacob smiled and replied, "Yes I did thank you. How much for the night?" The Zora scratched his arm and said, "Well you did help defend the town. I'll tell you what. This one was my treat. Oh and your sword came back. Derk did a good job with it if I do say so. Here you go and have a nice day." The Zora handed Jacob his sword that a blacksmith had remade in Goron Iron. Jacob sheathed the sword on his left hip, waved to the Zora and walked out the door.

As soon as Jacob walked out of the Inn then he was grabbed by his wyvern. Now hanging in the air Jacob looked up at Eysseth. "Howdy to you to Eysseth. I know you are happy to see me, but could you put me down." Eysseth set Jacob down and then snapped her head towards a Greudo and a Hylian. the Greudo looked to be very scared. "Think somethin's goin' on Eysseth? Welp I'm still wearin' my Guard armor. Let's check it out." Jacob and Eysseth walked over to the Greudo and Hylian and asked, "Excuse me ladies, but is there a problem here?"
  4. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Rogue was picking herself off the floor as a young lady tapped on her shoulder. "No I'm quite fine," she said which was an obvious lie. She began to eye the girl from head to toe. Such a young girl in a town that was just so early into construction she was a bit suspicious. Rogue noticed that she was an attractive young lady but took her clothing as she was a prude.

"I'm just clumsy, let me get out of your way." Rogue moved to the side to get out of the street and cheerfully aloud the girl to pass. She then noticed a man walk up, he appeared to be a guard. As he approached she realized it was another blonde hair blue eyed person. Seemed they were surrounding her today. In a stern voice he heard him begin to question them. She of course had her fair share of run ins with the guards and if her past was any indication she had done something wrong in her short time here... but what?

Did he catch her sneaking out this morning? No that couldn't be it, he would have approached earlier. She decided to play it cool and just smiles at him, "There's no problem. I didn't mean to loiter in the market. I'm just a clumsy girl and this lady here was seeing if I was okay."

The witches voice echoed through her head as she felt a grasp around her throat. She coughed for air and hastedly spoke, "It was nice meeting you but I must go.." She began to walk away but she was sure someone would stop her.
  5. Tsubori

Phiorra could tell just from looking at this woman that she wasn’t okay. She’d become a bit paler and seemed tense. But she wasn’t going to force her to speak. The guard had also come over as if there was an altercation. “Oh, no sir… I assure you there’s nothing wrong!” She said sweetly. She then put a hand on Rogue’s shoulder as she tried to walk away. “Well… Should you ever need anything I’ll be in town for a bit on priestessly duties.” She tilted her head and smiled. “I’m Phiorra.” Then her hand was removed from the Gerudo’s shoulder.

The priestess then bowed her head lowly to the guard that came up. “I’m terribly sorry… We probably made you think something was amiss…” She had a genuine look of concern that said she was very sorry for pulling him away from being a guard.
  6. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Jacob stood there taking in all that was going on. “I’m terribly sorry… We probably made you think something was amiss…” Jacob gave a friendly smile, "It's no problem. I'm here to help people and you two looked like you could use some help. Although," Jacob paused his sentence as the Greudo started walking away after coughed for air before saying something Jacob didn't catch. "It's not often that I find a Greudo who is almost as pale as I am." Jacob put his hand on the Greudo's shoulder. "Come ta think of it. You look like you just a big scary monster and that usually don't happen til after someone meets my wyvern, Eysseth," Jacob gave a laugh as Eysseth looked up from cleaning her wings. "Now what's got ya spooked so bad? The guards are here to help. Are you sure there is not anythin' wrong?"
  7. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

((Argh, I be breakin' the flow of yer conversations with me solo-post! Trolololol XD))

Marcus was bored. It was true; he wasn't afraid to admit it. Impa was dull, uninteresting, and mundane. Most of the citizens were still recovering from the Great Freeze, moving sluggishly from grey house to grey house, arms sometimes still wrapped nervously around themselves, as if recalling the horror of living in perpetually sub-zero temperatures. Because of this, perhaps, there was nothing interesting to be done; none of the citizens had actually recovered enough to do anything.

Marcus admitted, though, that this was perhaps not the sole reason why he was bored. After being in the company of a certain insane thief for so long, the whole world seemed dull and uninteresting after parting ways. He frowned, his feet tapping against the hard ground as he walked briskly towards the town library. This didn't mean that he missed the idiot, of course, merely that he found the citizens boring after being with an interesting person for so long. He likened the experience to staring at a psychedelic tie-dye shirt, with a dozen neon colours somehow managing to co-exist in the most painfully lurid way possible, then turning and staring at ordinary, proper brown tunics.

He sighed heavily. He had been volunteering all his time at Impa's hospital, using his skills to help keep the townspeople safe from bumps, bruises, and the occasional broken bone. He had considered settling down, but the idea of staying at one job for so long seemed repugnant to him after adventuring. Had he gained the adventurer's wanderlust? Perhaps. No, it was probably just that a day job sounded boring, not worth his time. Not while grand, life-or-death quests flew around his head like shooting stars, distracting him from everything else.

He stopped beside a stone fountain, and grinned sardonically. Farore, he sounded like an adventurer. Well, now that he'd admitted it to himself, what was he to do? He glanced around awkwardly. How did one go about finding quests? Normally, they just... happened. He and Loft were simply going about their business, whatever that had been, and a convenient quest had always just fallen into their laps.

"Maybe there's a quest to-do board around here somewhere," he mumbled. He groaned; he had absolutely no idea where to find one of those. "Well, taverns are usually a good bet, I suppose. Stereotypes exist where evidence is present, after all." He turned, his feet tracing the familiar path back towards his inn. Like many inns, the first floor was a pub, meaning that the patrons could get wasted without having to totter home every night. Unfortunately, this meant that any sober travellers' ears would be constantly assaulted by the sounds of a intoxicated alcoholics. As a result, Marcus spent as much of his time away from the place.

He saw the inn, sandwiched between the post office and the apothecary. Why you would ever open a business next to a pub, Marcus had no idea, unless it was in the hopes that the drunkards next door would blow all their money on shrivelled roots, or something similar. Maybe the pub opened after the surrounding establishments, damning them to years of noise violations and property damage.

He opened the door, hearing the bell chime overhead. The tavern was dark and smoky, the greasy patrons draining large mugs and slamming ham-like hands down on their wooden tables as waitresses twisted through the haphazard arrangement of unconscious patrons, upturned tables, and the occasional fist-fight. Marcus nearly turned around and walked out of the establishment; surely, there must be a better way to learn of potential jobs. But, he supposed, as he made his first tentative steps into the room, ale made men's tongues loose. Drunk men told all tales, after all.

He sat down at a corner table, across from a slightly red-faced man, his pinched face flushed from the quantity of alcohol already consumed, greasy bangs falling despondently over his eyes. Marcus repressed the urge to shudder, and forced a smile onto his face. "Well, hello."

The man stared at him through unfocused eyes, his head wobbling slightly. "Hello yourself," he said, taking another swig from his drink.

Marcus sat there awkwardly, watching him chug his mug, and cleared his throat. "Ahem. So, are there any threats that need eliminating around here?"

The man set his mug down, wiping the liquid from his grizzly beard with the back of his hand. "Whassat?"

"You know, threats," Marcus pressed, leaning slightly across the table. "Dark wizards, hordes of monsters, etcetera."

"Oh." The man grunted. "Nope."

Marcus leaned back, disappointed. "Thank you for your time." He began to stand, ready to leave, but the man waved him drunkenly back into his seat.

"Where d'you think you're going?" He asked, slurring his words.

"Excuse me?" Marcus asked, confused.

"Fine, fine," the man sighed, flipping his mug over and stared up into it, checking for any last drops. "Din, none left... tell you what. Buy me a drink, and I'll talk. But not a second before, y'hear?"

Marcus shrugged, and pulled out a blue rupee. A waitress materialized out of nowhere, taking it and grabbing the man's mug. Seconds later, she reappeared, plunking it down in front of the man.

"Thank you," Marcus called after her retreating back, and turned back to see the man already chugging it. "What's your name, anyway?"

"Fineas," the man grunted. "If there's a job, then the Notice Board'll have it."

"Where is the Notice Board?" Marcus asked curiously, and the man winced, waving his hand towards the door.

"Middle of town, big honking sign, now give me 'n my drink some privacy."
  8. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Sayomi sauntered through the town, kicking a small rock at her feet along, she hated these missions. She'd been sent by Denolle to investigate persistent rumors of some dark mages or something, but as far as she could tell this was merely a town trying to rebuild. She had seen no strange occurrences or suspicious people, how was she going to find them? How was she to know they really existed?

The girl sighed and sat down on a nearby bench and watched the people go by, trying to think of a plan to find her target, but in the end all she could think of was 'it takes a LOT of wood make something'. She saw a woman fall, and was about to help, but decided against it when another guard heading towards them, leaving her to sit back on the bench and watch the workers carrying lumber.

Lumber, something stuck in her mind about it, she just couldn't shake it and decided a walk was for the best. She ended up following the laborers to their site, a large skeleton of a home, obviously meant to hold several families.

Then it struck, if lumber was needed for buildings, wouldn't the mages need something for their spell or ritual or whatever they were doing? Remembering a fortune teller's shop back at the centre of town, she raced back, hoping to catch it before closing.
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"She is fine, she is just spooked is all." said the witch that walked out of her establishment, this time charmed into her youthful state. "Isn't that right my friend?"

Rogue felt a strange presence in the pit of her stomach and felt obligated to just reply with a single syllable, "Yes"

"I've sent her on a quest to stop the resurrection of an evil spirit that is meant to take over this city. You two should help her, it will be an event to die for." the lady walked in just as mysteriously as she walked out. Rogue wished to warn them not to come but she knew that doing so might cause the witch to choke her once more.
  10. Tsubori

Phiorra looked at this new woman curiously. Oh well, she was just a fortune teller. Shouldn't be- wait... She'd said she was sending rogue on a quest to go stop the redirection of evil spirits? That was it then! That's what she was here for! 

"Oh, but of course I'll accompany you!" She said, putting both hands together in front of her and smiling. "That's what I'm here for anyway, so of anything, I owe you for pointing me in the right direction!" Phiorra then have rogue a short hug before letting go again and turning towards the guardsman. 

"Will you join us as well? I don't mean to pry you from your work, but it would certainly be helpful to have you by our side." All the while, her infectious smile was shining through, happy at the idea of having new people to meet and travel with, even if only for a little bit.
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Hm. Well. This is interesting." Jacob said to himself as he heard what was happening. "Will you join us as well? I don't mean to pry you from your work, but it would certainly be helpful to have you by our side." Jacob looked at Phiorra and couldn't help but smile and reply, "Well. To tell tha truth ya ain't really pryin' me from anything. Technically I 'retired' 'bout fifteen years back. I do think that Eysseth and I will help you. Right Eysseth?" Jacob looked back to see Eysseth stretching her wings getting ready to fly. "If either of you want I'll let ya fly on Eysseth. I'll make sure she doesn't try anythin' funny. She's trustworthy once she gets used to ya." Eysseth walked up to the Greudo and sniffed her for a second before moving on to Phiorra and sniffing her. Eysseth looked over the two and gave a small bow and a low growl.
  12. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Rogue was confused by the hug that the young lass gave her, it was quick though so it wasn't anything to worry about. She wasn't quite herself at the moment, the closer she was to that witch the worse she felt. Despite the idea of climbing on some old mans old dragon being disgusting she knew that it was the quickest way to get there. "Can she hold the three of us?"
  13. Quill

Marcus walked out of a dingy establishment, wincing slightly at the bright sunlight overhead. That was certainly a strange meeting, but at least now he had a job. Something to do, at last, some activity which could distract him from the ever-present boredom that had begun to sink in since his last adventure.

He stepped lightly onto the cobble-stone streets of Impa, easily weaving through the traffic as pedestrians rushed to and from work. He saw families dragging their clinging children to a Vegetables store, exasperatedly grabbing at their collars as their screaming offspring raced towards the Sweets shop next door. He passed builders carrying large beams of wood through the plaza, and more than once he had to duck under a particularly large piece before it bowled him over. But, most annoying of all, he was constantly being heralded by the many venues and stands littering all throughout the plaza, eagerly attempting to draw the peoples' attention to their many flashy gizmos and gadgets.

Marcus focused on the job. It was simple enough; he was to stand on guard during a magical experiment, ready to step in with his magic when the situation began to spin out of control. The exact details of the experiment were, as of yet, classified. Which was to be expected; if he were hiring for a guard during an experiment, then he wouldn't want that guard to turn around and sell him out either.

He was to meet his supervisor somewhere along the northern coast at dusk. "Well," he murmured softly, "it's nearly five o' clock. Better get going."

[[This is going to get reaaaally hard to write if I don't know the specifics of the summoning (location, methods, etc). If you could please send me a PM, Chaos, it'd be much appreciated.]]
  14. Tsubori

Phiorra stood in front of Eysseth with a friendly look on her face, quite clearly not afraid of the wyvern. "Oh what a pretty dragon you are!" She said, patting her on her scaly head. "Are you going to fly us where we need to go? What a good girl!"

Phiorra loved pets. She never had one herself, but back in the temple one girl has a dog, and Phiorra spends quite a bit of downtime with it. That may, in fact, be what's leading to the way she was talking to Jacob's wyvern. 

"So, I've told you both my name... May I be graced by both of yours?"
  15. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"Call me Jessica," she said as she quickly thought of a fake name. She wasn't quite so friendly to the dragon as the Hylian girl, in fact she preferred to walk but knew that flying would be the only way to get there on time. "That crazy lady just told me it was north of Impa on the beach of the bay."
  16. Quill

The sun was hanging low in the sky, casting its orange rays across Impa's newly constructed buildings. Yet, despite the late hour, and despite the looming deadline of his meeting, Marcus did not run. Pride, perhaps, yet more likely it was simply because he had walked the length of this Farore forsaken town at least three times that day. He just didn't want to run. Even his normally inexhaustible pet was tired; its ears were drooped as it chittered, demanding to be picked up. With a sigh, he stooped down, allowing the tired animal to clamber up his arm and curl up onto his shoulder for a nap.

"Lucky," Marcus said, and continued walking. "I could do with a nap right now."

As he walked, he caught sight of a black-haired girl in very fine chain mail, its aqua blue surface complimenting magnificently with its golden detail, shining brightly in the light of the setting sun. Her longsword hung at her side, and he could tell from the weathered grip that it was no stranger to repeated use.

Marcus' mind flashed back to his meeting. Bring a friend if you wish; we could always use another set of hands.

While it was true that this girl was, by no means, a friend of his, he would be more likely to be in a position of favour with his potential boss if he brought a warrior guard with him to the meeting. Grinning, he walked up to the black-haired girl.

"Hello. My name is Marcus. Are you interested in a job?" There was no point dallying with idle chit-chat. Not only would it be tedious, but he was expected at the beach in around an hour. If the girl said no, fine; he would leave her behind. If she said yes, great; he'd take her with. The choice was hers.
  17. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    "Name's Jacob. And technically all three of us can't ride on 'er back so...You two get on 'n I'll have ta improvise." Jacob helped Jessica and Phiorra up onto Eysseth's back and patted Eysseth on her side. "K Eysseth. I hope ya heard where we're goin'." Eysseth nodded her head in agreement. "Good. Now if ya would...be gentle with the talons this time will ya?" Eysseth snortted as she jumped into the air with a powerful flap of her wings. Jacob felt Eysseth's talons grab him around the waist and launch into the sky. Eysseth screeched as she headed off to the location Jessica had spoke of.
  18. Razgriz

The sun was setting on the horizon as Sayomi turned another corner, she didn't stop, even when she knew she too late to meet the fortune teller today she didn't stop in some vain hope she wasn't. She finally stopped as she meet the face of the empty shop, it was hopeless after all, she'd have to wait until tomorrow and hope that her target didn't succeed.

She headed back and had almost reached the inn when a young man approached, offering a job. Vague, but her instincts told her to follow him, and that always meant either success or all hell breaks loose. Oh well, either would be fun. "Alright I'll come, but you'd better not do anything funny." she said, squinting her eyes and pointing her finger in a way that looked more comical than intimidating. At least she had a companion though.
  19. Quill

Marcus nodded, and resumed his brisk stride. "We are expected on the beach in approximately..." he glanced at the sun, its tip about to scrape the earth, "fifteen minutes. We'd best hurry."

As they walked, he spoke over his shoulder to his temporary co-worker. "We will be overseeing a magical experiment by our boss, who's identity is, as of this moment, unknown. I know as much as you do at this point; our employer has refused to divulge anymore information than what I have just told you."

He glanced worriedly at the sky again; the sun had already dipped closer to the ground, its tip mere inches from meeting the horizon. They needed to hurry.
  20. Razgriz

Sayomi smiled sharply as her new-found friend explained their job, bringing her hands up to her face to cover the excitement. This was the break she needed, she would not only complete her mission but do so in near record time. These guys, they had to be the ones she was looking for: magical experiments, shady dealings, anonymous employers and no actual description of what they were protecting. Yep, they had to be the people she had to seek out... to get the information on how to catch the ones that were trying an experimental ritual to summon a demon (illegally!) and destroy the town.

However, as they reached the beach, her armor, klutziness and running speed forced her off balance constantly, and had to extend her arms to keep up. This being Sayomi, of course this meant that it looked like a drunk simpleton was impersonating some sort of futuristic flying machine, and worked even worse. But the sun was setting quickly and at least this let her run to their destination.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.