Dehydrate

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Razgriz, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Name: Dehydrate

PWC: Wisdom

Description: All water in the area within about 40 meters of the user slowly evaporates (at a rate of ~10% per minute) anyone within the area will begin to feel hot and dry, and will likely try to leave to find a source of hydration. Obviously the affected area tends to become susceptible to fires.

Limitations: The user must be sitting down, with their eyes closed and focusing on the spell, even their passive perception is severely dulled. Anything distracting them (pain, loud noises, etc.) causes the spell to stop. Only the user is unaffected, allies, desirable objects, the user's possessions, etc. are all affected as normal. The water also only evaporates, thus it can still be trapped or captured as normal.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Seems kinda niche. What sort of instances were you expecting that this could be useful in? I feel kinda 'ehh' about making this it's own treasure; I'd rather just do something like this through a more typical heat-wave type of thing.

Edit:
    After some time passed and more staff discussion, I think we are just going to deny this treasure. There are probably uses and there are probably advantages to this, but it still feels too niche, complicated, and odd in function. Because of that, we'd ask that if you want to achieve this effect you arrive at it in a different way in another month.

Sorry about that,
    Ribs