Decisions, Decisions...

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by SenpaiPancake, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

It had been two days, and Cirval had moved less than a mile. Sighing, he unrolled his map for the fourth time that day, and surveyed his destinations. Both were equally as far from him, and both were in opposite directions. To make things worse, it had been years since they had traveled to their respective villages. For all Cirval knew, both of his friends could be anywhere else in Hyrule. The Rito wouldn't stop looking though. He would make sure he fulfilled the promises he made.

And then there were the Western Caves.

"Dad's gonna be hard to get to," he muttered as he touched a spot on the map, maybe twenty-five miles south of Kakariko Village. Cirval had stopped at the Lon Lon Ranch to purchase a map, and, more importantly, to inquire about the southern survivors. It was worse than he had imagined. Ganon's army held Kakariko in its iron grasp, making any travel through the Southern Fields dangerous. Cirval would need some help to just make it to the Western Caves, and someone who knew the way in. The Rito still hadn't given up hope that his father lived through the initial attack, or during the intervening years.

"I'll get him out."
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    It felt like it had been eons, since he had last felt the quiet touch of long grass upon his body. The golden strands bent to the wind, like ambrosia hair blowing in the breeze. Every seed felt different as they brushed against his legs, arms, and body, chattering incessantly to each other. The Deku heard their voices, though he could not understand them. Yet, the sound brought peace to his heart, as if this was where he had always belonged. He let out a heavy sigh of release, expelling all thoughts of the world into the soil around him. Boris stood there motionless, eyes closed shut, his body absorbing the scents, the sounds, the touch of the bliss surrounding him. This was his paradise, something that was the balance of order and chaos; it was this balance that was the eternal agent of good. Boris sensed a storm coming; the forces of darkness in the south threatened the precarious balance, steeping the world deeply into chaos. Boris knew what his mission was; he had to protect the balance of nature.

His hands were now stained with blood; the blood of one that had threatened to kill him, but blood nonetheless. Never had he intentionally taken the life of another creature capable of thought. But never before had his heart been so adamant; his task was not one of war and death. Gazing to the south, to the distant mountains, Boris knew that he would go to Southern Hyrule now, not to bring destruction, but to save as many innocent lives as he possibly could. Stepping down and pulling out a root, gathering the last of the ingredients that he would be needing for his journey to the south, Boris readied himself for what was surely to be the greatest hardship he had ever faced.

"...get him out." Boris heard through the grass. He was too short to see anyone at the moment, standing just below this particularly tall patch of grass. Moving towards a boulder and climbing to the top of it, he looked around, searched for the source of the voice. Seeing a Rito standing in the middle of a field was something had not expected to see; in fact, Boris wasn't entirely sure what it was. To him, it looked like some sort of Zora, though it clearly had avian features. He had never seen this before, and decided that this was worthy of note. Hoping that the man, as it seemed he was by his build, would not move, Boris sat down on the boulder, unstrapping his steel-bound book from his back. Unclasping it, and pulling out a quill from a pouch, he sucked on its end and began to quickly sketch the strange looking bird-man.
  3. SenpaiPancake

(Sorry for the small post. >.<)

As he rolled up the map, Cirval could feel the gaze, like a pair of eyes were watching him. Slowly, without revealing this realization to his observer, the Rito moved his head, and eyes, slowly, taking a look around his immediate surroundings. To the south, Cirval could see a small creature watching him, some sort of pad of paper on his lap. He tensed, releasing the blades of his gauntlets. The Rito took one more glance, preparing to attack, when he saw what else was in the beings hand. A quill. That was when it finally made sense to Cirval. The thing was drawing him! Letting out a heavy breath, and shaking his head at his own paranoid manner, the Rito stood up, positive the creature was not here to harm him. Now that he was thinking calmly, Cirval could see that this "thing" was in fact a tiny Deku. And it really was tiny, even by Deku standards. From this angle, it looked two, maybe at the most three feet tall. Barely a fight, Cirval chuckled.

"Oi, Deku!" he called out, "What do you think you're doing?"
  4. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Boris looked up from his quick sketch, his golden eyes looking curiously at the Rito. "Drawing you, of course. I have no idea what you are, and I've never seen anything like you." He said gleefully, looking back down at his large tome, which sat upon his lap. Placing a last cluster of lines with his quill, he sat back, satisfied. Cleaning his quill, and dusting the page with sand, he looked at his handiwork. "... I think it looks pretty good. Right?" Boris asked of the the bird-man, holding up his little doodle for the man to see. The sketch was little more than a stick figure with a beak and what appeared to be horribly disfigured wings... Apparently Boris was proud of this, holding his book up as if this were his greatest triumph. Below, there was a small bit of text: "Strange bird-like man, found in the Fields today. Not sure what to call it. Maybe we can be friends. I hope so." below which he had signed his name.
  5. SenpaiPancake

Cirval was quite taken aback by the kindness in the Deku's voice, and in a place of such wilderness. It was as if the young scrub knew naught of the dangers travelers faced, so far off the road. As the Deku lifted his tome, Cirval squinted, trying to make out the crude drawing he had fashioned. As the Rito continued to stare, he could vaguely make out what he assumed to be a beak, as well as two… wing like appendages. He stared, mouth half open in confusion. The drawing was atrocious, and yet this scrub displayed it proudly. Cirval’s eyes, continued down, seeing a smallish portion of text. In contrast to the drawing, even from this distance the handwriting was absolutely impeccable. “Strange bird-like man, found in the Fields today. Not sure what to call it. Maybe we can be friends. I hope so," Cirval muttered as the words pulled on his heartstrings. The Deku beamed, much like a child home with his first art project, terrible yet admirable in a way. The Rito grinned at him, realizing he was already starting to enjoying this Deku.
    “It captures me perfectly!" He called, pointing to the picture. "As to what I am, I’m a Rito, hailing from the great Dragon Roost Island in the East. And you’re the first creature I’ve met since landing in this fair land who wishes to be my friend. Most want to eat me!” Cirval smiled brightly, and beckoned the Deku over, hoping this scrub could prove himself as an ally for the travels that lay ahead.
  6. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "Thanks!" Boris said cheerily, his circular mouth compressing and curling up at the edges in some form of a smile. He then scratched at his head. "Eat you, huh? ... Maybe they thought you were some kind of chicken, or something." Boris blinked a few times, completely confused as to why anyone would want to eat a Rito. Recalling that he had yet to record the name of the creature, he looked down back at his book and scribbled "Rito", and a tiny little arrow pointing from the text to the sketch. "There." He said, satisfied now. Dropping a bit more sand onto the page, he shut the book, and clipped it together, sealing the tome. Hopping off the rock, Boris made his way towards Cirval through the grass, though the top of his head barely cleared the tallest strands. "Anyways, my name is Boris, and I'm a doctor that lives south of here, in the town of Nabooru." He said, holding his hand up towards the Rito, in a sign of friendship.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.