Crimson Granite

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Eevachu, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

(I hope you don't mind but I said forget the thread and just made a new library-esque description)

Name: Crimson Granite
    P/W/C: N/A
    Cost: Variable

Crimson Granite is a material that can be used by blacksmiths. On its own, Crimson Granite appears as a small crimson granite crystal teeming with magical energies, with the durability of steel. When crafted into a fine weapon, shield or gauntlet, however, the crafted weapon gains a new magical property and a deep crimson coloring. The ability to cast a single treasure of the Spell Type is imbued into this weapon, allowing whoever wields this weapon to cast the spell out of the weapon, following all of the rules and limitations the spell normally brings otherwise.

When crafting this weapon, the blacksmith may also imbue levels of Magic Power into the weapon, using their Wisdom stat for cost as normal. Though this imbued Magic Power only applies to the spell applied to the weapon, since the Magic Power is in the weapon, not the wielder, it ignores the standard rule of Magic Power becoming ineffective while the wielder is in heavy armor.

If the Blacksmith doesn't know the spell to be imbued, the cost of Crimson Granite equals the cost of that spell. If the Blacksmith does know the proper spell, then the cost becomes 2 cost levels lower than the cost of that spell. (For example, a Higher cost Wisdom-based spell can be acquired as a Lower cost Wisdom-based Crimson Granite.) Cost level cannot be reduced below "Lowest." Magic Power levels added to the crafted weapon are uneffected by this.

(I used Memory Metal as a base, and feel free to change the name to fit the other materials if you want)
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

(I don't mind. It's probably easier this way, anyway.)

Crimson Granite's been tentatively added: http://library.hyrulecastle.org/index.php?title=Crimson_Granite

The only significant difference is that I added a variant for Woodworkers. If you approve, then I'll make it official. If there's an issue, then I'll see about fixing it.