Craving Powder

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Darth_Slaverus, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Name: Craving Powder

Fields: Single-Use (Stock with a supply), Seed, Disable. Possibly Enchant?

PWC: N/A

Appearance: A silver, liquid-soluble powder.

Function: When added to a liquid such as an elixir, the powder will dissolve into it and render it extremely addictive. Any creature who ingests the tainted liquid will develop a temporary physical dependence upon it, during which they must continue to consume the same type of liquid or else suffer debilitating withdrawal symptoms. Typically, symptoms are the opposite of whatever benefit drinking the liquid would normally grant (For example, a Pegasus Seed elixir laced with Craving Powder would likely cause a target to move slowly if they did not continue to drink other Pegasus Seed elixirs). Although the addiction lasts only a day or two, repeated exposure to Craving Powder may result in a permanent addiction.

Limitations: Can't really be used in the heat of combat, must be administered without alerting the enemy. May potentially be useless if the laced substance is particularly common.

Just a weird idea I had over the past few days. I figure a sufficiently nasty botanist could use this to spike the water supply of a dungeon or drum up some sales with snake oil. Feel free to adjust the duration of the addiction. Originally, I thought about allowing the powder to affect seeds, but decided to play it safe for the initial submission; your call if that would be too powerful or not.
    Guy likes this.
  2. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

:kermit: This seems really malicious. I fully endorse it.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Needless to say, I should have gotten on this sooner, but Craving Powder is finally and officially a treasure.

It's a unique idea. I like it. :rpt: