Crafting Professions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Guy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Willow has IM'd me regarding crafting professions. To summarize his thoughts, they're confusing with the scaling rupee costs characteristic of PWC, and frankly don't work all that well. Now that he's pointed it out, I tend to agree.

Old-Style Crafting Professions (open)
    If it is a general crafting profession, such as blacksmith or woodworker, then magic-tier items can be crafted starting from the sixth level.
    - At Lv6, a ten-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv7, a twenty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv8, a thirty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv9, a forty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv10, a fifty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted. Additionally, any item priced at twenty rupees or less takes only 1/4 the materials (rupees) to craft, as opposed to 1/2.

If it is a specific crafting profession, such as bladesmith or bowyer, then magic-tier items can be crafted starting from the fifth level.
    - At Lv5, a ten-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv6, a twenty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv7, a thirty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv8, a forty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv9, a fifty-rupee magic-tier item can be crafted.
    - At Lv10, any magic-tier item can be crafted. Additionally, any item priced at fifty rupees or less takes only 1/4 the materials (rupees) to craft, as opposed to 1/2.

Now, below is to what I propose it be changed. This was in part suggested by Will himself.

New-Style Crafting Professions (open)
    If it is a general crafting profession, such as blacksmith, armorer, or woodworker:
    - At Lv1, any reasonable number of common-tier items falling into the user's profession can be freely crafted for free during role-play.
    - At Lv2, the user may start imbuing common-tier items with a single treasure of the [Material] field, at the cost of the material itself. This can be done either on the item's crafting, or if it already exists. (Materials give otherwise mundane and common items a unique effect, such as Goron Iron's ability to rend the blade of a sword virtually unbreakable.)
    - At Lv3, the user may start imbuing magic-tier items with a single treasure of the [Material] field, at the cost of the material itself. This can be done either on the item's crafting, or if it already exists.
    - At Lv5, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 1/1/1.
    - At Lv6, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 2/2/2.
    - At Lv8, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 3/3/3.
    - At Lv10, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 4/4/4.

If it is a specific crafting profession, such as bladesmith, bowyer, or statue-sculptor:
    - At Lv1, any reasonable number of common-tier items falling into the user's profession can be freely crafted for free during role-play. Additionally, the user may begin imbuing common-tier items with a single treasure of the [Material] field, at the cost of the material itself.
    - At Lv2, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 1/1/1. Additionally, the user may start imbuing magic-tier items with a single treasure of the [Material] field, at the cost of the material itself.
    - At Lv4, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 2/2/2.
    - At Lv6, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 3/3/3. Additionally, the user may begin imbuing common-tier and magic-tier items with up to three treasures with the [Material] field per item.
    - At Lv8, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 4/4/4.
    - At Lv10, any magic-tier item falling into the user's category may be crafted for a price assuming 5/5/5. If the user already has a 5 in the specified area, then the item can be crafted at 50% of its 4/4/4 cost instead.

For specific crafting professions, most things just come a level or two earlier. The major differences are in bold.

EDIT: I'm not sure why the spoiling tags aren't working properly. Just click on the "Old-Style Crafting Professions" and "New-Style Crafting Professions" text.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    <3

I agree with this :V
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

(Well you made it Will, of course you will)

Anyway, I like the new system more, yeah.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Alright, since everyone both here and in the cbox has approved, I went ahead and made it official by editing the Quests & Rewards thread.