Could be worse

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Saria, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Saria

Saria Severely Acute Radical Syndrome reg

Spaghet was tired. He was forced to stay out late, accompanying Navina throughout the last of her patrols. However, it didn't really feel like he was the one accompanying her. With the guard's shining armor, the moblin felt ill at ease and constantly under scrutiny. People glanced up at her and down at him. Spaghet didn't want to know what they thought. He had dealt with the guards all day. He was sort of sick of having to look up to hylians in armor all day. He could only assume Navina was sleeping at her desk right about now. The woman looked rather worn out.

He sighed and tucked himself into bed, an unfortunately familiar smell filling his nose. A small grimace began to form on his face. His wig and glasses already removed for the night, Spaghet glanced at Burrito before it accompanied him on the bed. He was... very glad that it was burrito joining him this time. As his eyes closed, a small feeling of anxiety crossed over him.

---

So when he opened his eyes again and found himself staring at the Gerudo, he couldn't help but sigh. He looked around and rubbed his head slightly. Part of him felt sick. It was dark, extremely dark. He inhaled deeply. Someone else was here. Hylian? Possibly. Smelt like it. His nose twitched again. Male, definitely. .. the Navina smelt pleasant enough as well.

He got up from his sitting position. He had been sitting on the .. stone ground? Huh. He didn't remember coming here. He scratched his nose and wiggled his snout before biting at his lip. Suddenly, two pale torches illuminated in the room, revealing a door on a wall of the small, circular room.. He glanced over to Navina. Oh no. She was approaching him. She moved cautiously, she seemed...rather nervous to be in this situation.

"... Spaghet? Are you alright?" she said slowly. The moblin blinked. Strange. Navina had been... more curt with him lately ever since he brought about that injunction to her. Unfortunate, considering that they had been decently acquainted and friendly before. The moblin nodded.

"I'm fine," he said before coughing. He felt... cold. He pointed to the Hylian. "Who's that?"

"... Julius Surgate," Navina said. Had the moblin met him before? Probably. She glanced down at him. It was hard enough for her to remember the name of every Hylian man she knew. For a moblin it was probably much harder.

"O-oh," Spaghet bit his nail. Being in a small, enclosed space with two guardsmen was... not Spaghet's idea of a good time. "S-Sorry, been... under a lot of a stress lately. N-Names are a bit.. spotty." He walked over to the man, extending his clawed hand towards him to shake. Had they been properly introduced? Maybe. Spaghet felt the urge to introduce himself again to compensate for his lack of knowledge of this man's name. There was no doubt he probably heard their conversation in the small room "S-Spaghet Yettin, Sir. You.. might have seen me in some of the places you, ah, er, also.. frequent.. lately, but... I ... don't believe we've been properly introduced.."
  2. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius had had a long day of work. The sun was beginning to set, and he was feeling . . . tired. It was a strange sensation; it was not though he hadn't felt legitimate fatigue, but this . . . this was odd. However, as he drank his water and laid his head on his pillow, he nearly immediately drifted to sleep. He had just enough time to drag the bedsheets over himself before he lost his last semblance of consciousness.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

He was awake, suddenly. He was staring at a blank, dark wall -- it was nearly black. No, wait -- it was black. It was darker than night, darker than the horrors Julius had seen, and some he'd committed, throughout his entire life. It reminded him of them. Everyone he couldn't protect -- and everyone who committed atrocities without paying penance. The dark stone turned into a mirror for an instant. He saw himself. Him.

Perhaps it would be, then, that the lawyer's voice would drag him out of whatever reverie he was having then. He suddenly became aware of himself -- wearing his ever-present armor. It was of a similar shade to the walls around him. He could see, of course he could see -- why wouldn't he be able to? It wasn't dark in here.

He looked at the lawyer's outstretched hand. He faltered for a second, a shaky hand stretching out in return. "Ah . . . you are the Bokoblin lawyer, yes? I have heard much about you. Quite the law man." He shook the hand . . . paw? with an outstretched ebony gauntlet. It was surprisingly cold to the touch. It moved as though to push him away -- only to cease to its master's orders, bringing Spaghet in a bit closer. "You'll have to forgive my, ah, demeanor. I'm a bit on edge right now, but I believe we all are. Isn't that right, Navina?"
  3. Saria

Spaghet's nervous smile faded as soon as Julius mentioned his race. His eyelids drooped. Yes, it was unusual, but Spaghet could do without people pointing out the fact he was a Bokoblin every twelve seconds. He was quite used to his race being called out, yes, but just because Spaghet was used to it didn't mean he liked it. The moblin was quite certain that regardless of his great deeds and successes in the court room, they would never outweigh his origins. His nervous smile returned as soon as the guard refused to release his paw and instead brought him closer. Terrifying. He quickly pulled his paw away and rubbed it. He didn't speak again, instead glancing towards Navina at the mention of her name.

"... I don't see any reason not to be," Navina said, crossing her arms. She looked towards the door. "... I for one have no recollection of how I came to be here." She looked towards Spaghet who immediately began scratching at his wig. His lack of an answer was all Navina needed to confirm her suspicions. "... I assume this is also the case with you, Julius?" She pursed her lips. An irrational part of her wanted to blame him for this. Another irrational part wanted to blame Spaghet. Of course she'd find herself in this sort of situation with the two men who have been causing her the most trouble as of late. It was only fitting.

Spaghet tapped his claws together nervously. It was pretty clear to see that Navina wasn't pleased with who she was stuck with right now. He tried to distract himself from the awkward air in the room to appreciate the fact he had just recently trimmed his left nails. At least playing his violin would be easier now. He reached towards the case on his back, suddenly feeling its weight. It was strange, as if the instrument's presence had only become aware to him when he thought of it. Wasn't he laying down before? He had been wearing his case on his back the entire time, why hadn't he been uncomfortable while in such a position? These were not questions Spaghet was capable of considering right now. He glanced up and was unable to see any exit. The one time being a moblin could come in handy and he couldn't even use his climbing abilities right now. Perfect.

"Ah, uh, M-Mr. Surgate, Miss Navina," Spaghet said, glancing towards the door. He was absolutely not going to be the first one to open it. Absolutely not. "As much as I would enjoy ah, er, standing around in a circular, dark, damp room ... I sort of think it'd be best if we try to find a way out."

"You're right," Navina responded, before letting out a loud whistle. Spaghet flinched. But when nothing happened, she paused and whistled again. She tried once more before her fists and jaw clenched. Where was Benny? This was unacceptable. Not only was she trapped in here with these two... she didn't have her faithful phalange companion? She chose to ignore both Julius and Spaghet, opening the door and walking in without care for whether or not they would follow. When the door slammed behind her, Spaghet nervously glanced towards Julius.

"... she doesn't like me much," he grumbled, tapping his fingers together and looking towards the ground. He looked up at the guard. "I'm.. I'm certain you're aware of the reasons. So.. I apologize if my presence ah, er, well.." he scratched at the back of his hand, unable to find the words. "Well, I know.. I know how difficult it can be interacting with someone who .. isn't in the best of moods." The understatement of the century. He was well aware of how Navina's mood soured these days whenever Spaghet was around. He felt a bit bad for her boss. Spaghet quickly ended the awkward conversation by following Navina through the door.

When he entered the room, he was ill prepared for the onslaught of curses and yells that echoed off the walls. He jumped at the sudden noise. The square room was quite large and barren, but the pale torches clearly illuminated Navina's shining armor and the bright pink bow that she had taken to putting onto her Wallmaster.

"Benny it's me!" she screamed, doing her best to dodge the Wallmaster's jumps. Benny was clearly having none of it, doing its best to seize and shake the life out of whatever it captured next. The Gerudo was in distress and the feeling was quickly spreading to the moblin.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  4. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    As Julius entered into the room, he searched around for a moment, temporarily blinded by an abrupt darkness. Then, he saw the torches. They were purple; a dark, ominous color. The twisted visages of his compatriots greeted him as he finally saw them; warped, twisted, and nightmarish. As Navina called out to the Floormaster, appearing as twice its size to Julius, her voice rang out as just as warped and twisted as she herself. Spaghet was no better off, however.

He drew his blade in a swift motion. As the creature tried to grab him, he slashed across the center of its hand -- he tried to call out to Navina and Spaghet to stay back, but it came out incomprehensible to even Julius. His blade phased right through the creature. Of course.

He dug through his pouch. It had to be here... after all, if he had his armor he likely had everything else -- ah, there! He grasped the Lens of Truth he had become so familiar with. This was... strange, to say the least -- his blade passed right through 'Benny,' as Navina so affectionately called it, but it didn't seem to be an illusion. Who named their summons anyway? Did things like that bow even stay on them?

Okay, what gives?
    Julius thought as he stowed the device. He backed off slightly as a precaution, drawing his blade again. If his sword couldn't affect it then-- he weaved right of its sudden sweep, swiping at it as it passed. Still no dice. He thought for a second. If Navina's Floormaster wasn't able to be normally affected, then perhaps..? He would give it a shot.

With a snap of his fingers, a Keese flew forth from a puff of black smoke. It already knew what it was to be doing, and the resulting scene was rather comical; in one corner, the Keese, tiny with an enormous fighting spirit! And in the other, the malicious Floormaster, no doubt larger, but just as vicious! It was impossible to tell who would win, as the two set off against each other. Julius turned to Spaghet. "Rather jarring, isn't it? To think, here we are, in some unexplainabll, inexplicable void, and I'm watching a Keese fight a Floormaster."
  5. Saria

Navina's body froze as Julius's sword cleaved across her Floormaster's palm. But as the blade passed through the creature, her lip curled. Why had she assumed her loyal companion would betray her so quickly? Figuring it was an illusion, she didn't jump out of the way when it ran towards her. She was shocked when she felt the full force of the palm strike her and launch her against the wall.

Spaghet was knocked out of his state of panic at the sound of Navina's armor clanking against the wall. He gulped and glanced towards Julius. The man snapped his fingers and a Keese appeared. Spaghet couldn't help but bite his lip as he watched the scene unfold. It... was rather comical. Navina was less than amused, looking up at the Floormaster and Keese as she picked herself off the floor.

"W-Well ... I..." Spaghet said, surprised that Julius was speaking to him. He scratched at his nose. If he was going to be honest with himself, he fully expected the guard to ignore him until they escaped ... wherever they were. The moblin was used to people avoiding acknowledging his presence. "I.. I do suppose it's a bit odd." The Bokoblin continued to watch the Floormaster be thoroughly distracted by the bat. The hand would jump up and attempt to swipe the beast in midair while the Keese dove down at it between its attacks. Eventually, the natural order of things took place, and the Floormaster caught the Keese and slammed it against the ground. As the summon disappeared, the Floormaster turned its attention back to Navina. The Gerudo grimaced and pulled out her sword. She had refused to use it before (who could harm Benny?!) and she figured it would do little now, but she equipped it regardless.

As the beast jumped at her, she thrust her blade into it, fully expecting her attack to phase through and the Floormaster to grab her. However, as her blade struck, the creature let out an incredibly loud howl for something without a mouth. Navina's eyes grew wide as the Floormaster writhed on on her blade, sputtering around and letting out black globs of blood that were anything but an illusion. She kicked the beast off her blade and watched it sputter out and eventually expire. As she stared at the Floormaster's corpse, she couldn't help but feel an irrational sense of loss. The silence was broken by the crumbling of the furthest wall, revealing to the group another room.

Spaghet began to feel sweat pool up under his wig as he peered into the newly revealed room. It consisted of a floating platform that hovered inches from the ground and a door elevated high above them. The moblin glanced over at the two humanoids. He could climb, but they couldn't. The moblin was too busy worrying about how to get the other two up that he failed to notice the sign that Navina had begun reading out.

"-- The weight of your actions will ... ," Navina read, squinting to try to make out the rest of the text on the worn sign. Incomprehensible. Navina stepped on the platform. It moved a mere inch from the ground. She glanced at the two men and shrugged. However, if Julius or Spaghet were to step onto the platform, it would certainly elevate them much further up than it did Navina...

The moblin skittered quickly up the wall and to the other door, completely ignoring the purpose of this puzzle. He crouched and peered over the edge, his tail flicking around as he looked down at the other two.

"Ah, er, Ah... " he sputtered, "I-If one of you could g-get just a bit .. ah, er, half way.. up.. I.. er.." Spaghet was unsure he could pull either of these two up with the amount of equipment they were carrying. Both of them were wearing so much armor.. He looked them over again and gulped. Yeah, no. There was no way.
  6. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius winced as his Keese was crushed and flung from the Floormaster's grasp. He could feel it himself, though he imagined it hurt him far less than it had the summoned Keese; it was something of a slightly crushing sensation around his ribs and arms, that much was sure. He raised his blade and shield as the monster turned to Navina, focusing its intent upon her. It was slain only a moment later.

Julius brought himself to the sign reading alongside Navina. However, it seemed he could read just a bit more than she could. The weight of your actions shall guide my hand. 'That's rather quaint,' Julius thought, watching Navina as she stepped onto the slightly levitating platform. It only went up just an inch from where it was before. Julius tried to drink down his emotions, but his mouth was dry. He was scared; genuinely afraid. He cleared his mind with a couple of deep breaths before stepping onto the platform.

As he stepped onto the platform, many images flashed through his mind: of a wrecked and burning caravan, with pleas for help and cries of pain echoing throughout the night, lit by that same blaze. A high tower, so wickedly high; a mass of green resided at the top, and soon, was everywhere else. Everywhere was green... everywhere, everywhere was green! It was no longer no mere image in his mind; the room had become green, overflowing with the corrupt and wicked moss of the tower! He brought his hand to his blade, swiping and cutting through what he could, but it was too much. It began to overwhelm the room; he began to hack and slash wildly, kicking through the growth, but they had no effect!

He was helpless to watch as the moss overwhelmed the room, overwhelmed him; he was sure it would be the cause of his demise as he felt it began to flow through his body.

But soon, the sensation would cease. All of his sensations would cease, in fact. Was this... death? It wasn't too bad, Julius thought. If you could get used to the sensation of nothingness, that is.

A second later, his eyes began to flutter open. Next to his face was a pale, blond haired Kokiri... it was Lucia. Julius' breath caught in his throat at the site of her. But how? She had died! Julius had seen it with his own eyes; seen that gargantuan monstrosity pierce through her chest! How? How was she here? Tears welled in his eyes just before she let out the most terrifying, psychologically destroying noise he had ever heard.

He snapped back to... wherever he was, before all of that. The dream, he supposed it was. He looked to the door, and to Navina and Spaghet. Behind them was... a hallway? But how did they get here? "Wh-- what happened?" He asked, his voice obviously shaken. It would take him more than a while to calm down.
  7. Saria

"Hmm?" Navina looked back at her captain. "You were there, Julius." She quickly scanned him and her brow quirked. He seemed different but... Navina honestly couldn't put her finger on it. Maybe he had just spaced out? Her brow furrowed and she swung her head back around. As the Gerudo continued to walk down the path, Spaghet paused.

The moblin had calmed down significantly since having the puzzle solved. The hallway seemed to continue on for awhile, but Spaghet much preferred this to enemies. He looked over Julius. Although he wasn't the most perceptive person in the world, the moblin could definitely spot anxiety from a mile away. Plus he could smell that emotion on a Hylian. They practically oozed it.

"Err, a moment, Navina, please," Spaghet said. He glanced towards Julius and sighed. "... I, uh, please, let me check the condition of my violin." Navina stopped. A small sound of annoyance escaped her. As the moblin fumbled around with his case, he finally managed to get out his violin and he began to tune his instrument. He was actually quite glad he did, considering it was.. well, it sounded pretty awful right now. He winced as he played with the different knobs. Strange thing, these instruments were... A few moments later, Navina had to smile as Spaghet produced eloquently tuned scales. He was satisfied and packed up quickly. "Shall we go then?"

Both the Gerudo and the Bokoblin continued to walk on, Spaghet following behind both Julius and Navina. The Gerudo would accept nothing less than leading the way at the moment. They finally came upon a door, as the seemingly endless hallway branched off into a small corner. When Navina opened the door, she was greeted with... nothing. Just a moderately sized empty room. Her lips pursed.

"Er--" Spaghet began, but soon found himself cut off by the sound of yapping. Navina's lip curled. Spaghet's body tensed. He knew that bark. He knew that smell (and there were lots of new ones now, why hadn't he noticed them before?). Not --

"-- Yes! It is!" A voice rang out. Spaghet jumped and Navina quickly readied herself to grab a weapon. Neither of them knew that voice. Suddenly, a Poe materialized in the middle of the room. It flicked its lantern back and forth. In three puffs of black smoke appeared the terrier as it stupidly wagged its tail, joined by the Wolfos mother and Benny.
    Navina pulled out her sword, but the Poe laughed and the Gerudo quickly found the weapon materialized out of her hand. Moments later, it appeared floating next to the ghostly creature. "Please! No weapons." The sword suddenly cut through the air and pointed itself towards the three creatures seemly kept in place below the Poe. "They frighten the animals!" Suddenly, Burrito, the Wolfos, the Floormaster and the sword disappeared into another puff of smoke. The Poe giggled. "Come in!" The group found themselves pushed by a sudden, unknown force into the room, the door slamming behind them. The Poe laughed. "I don't want to hurt you, or your pets. But I will. I wanted to make sure you played the second part of my game right?"

"What?" Navina asked.

"My game, of course," The Poe said with a cackle. Suddenly, a flip book with the number '10' appeared on it. "This is the second part. I figured I'd help out the moblin, since it seems to not understand the purpose of platforms and room design." Spaghet's eyes narrowed. "--- But this part, it's easy! 9 honest questions." Even though the creature lacked a mouth, it definitely smirked. "Don't lie! Don't even try! I'll know! Keep it even." The Poe giggled. "Everyone has to answer three!"

"... alright.." Navina said. She looked over to Julius and Spaghet and shrugged. It didn't seem too hard. Plus, she was not willing to negotiate with someone who had hostages. She wasn't trained for it. Silence filled the room and the Poe began to grow increasingly annoyed.

"-- No, you have to ask the questions!" it screamed. Navina and Spaghet both covered their ears. Awful. "And make them good questions, otherwise, I'll ask the questions, and you don't want that." The Poe giggled again and the moblin let out an audible gulp. What constituted a good question?!

"Easy," Navina quickly said and turned her attention towards Julius. Her lip curled upwards and Spaghet began to shake slightly. "Julius, do you honestly think you're the best suited to be captain of the guard?" The moblin scratched at his wig. Anyone with half a brain could tell her question was loaded.

((enjoy your novel lenght post i can't wait 2 have 5 dollars)
  8. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius' mouth grew to a frown as the Poe materialized. It had the same aura as that boy... no, The Twister. Its faceless face grew a grin most mischievous. He took off his helmet as the Poe shrieked in displeasure; it wasn't really doing him any good, either. And then, Navina finally asked the question he'd been anticipating since their journey to Snowpeak.

He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts on the subject. He exhaled deep breaths twice, and chose to dive right into the meat of the matter. "At the moment? No. Not at all. In truth, I'd hardly call anyone suited for being the Captain of the Hyrule Guard at the moment; there's so much going on, so much deceit, death... things that no one individual can handle. But this isn't about extraneous factors, is it, Navina? No, you asked if I thought I was fit for the position.

"In all honesty, I think I'm one of the few capable of managing and maintaining the integrity of the entire organization. With as far as it reaches, and eyes beyond even Death Mountain, it's harder than you think to manage. An important thing to remember is that not only do we protect the Castle-Town, we protect all of Hyrule. In fact, that's the most important thing to remember -- even Dragon Roost, Snowpeak, fuck, even Death Mountain. All of it is under our -- my -- protection, and I have every intention to drive the darkness back from this land from whence it came, and from beyond there as well. I'll give up my life to do it.

"But the question is still a little unanswered, isn't it? After all, I'm not just some lout with a blade; I'm aged, but with age comes wisdom, or so the saying goes. Despite that saying, I've still made plenty of mistakes, even recently, when I've been most active. There have been so many situations I could have responded differently to, so much I could have done differently... so many people I could have helped, could have saved. But, at that same time, it's not exactly all about bloodshed. Spaghet, you're a lawyer -- and this is rhetorical, so don't answer -- but tell me, would you rather have a million dead innocents with no free criminals, or a few dead innocents with some free criminals?" The Poe began to speak, about to judge his response, before Julius butted back in.

"No, I'm not done yet. Anyways, I make every decision I make with those ethics on my mind. I always try to spare life where possible, and protect as many people as I possibly can, criminal or otherwise. So what if they break a few contrived laws? So what if they made a stupid mistake? Navina, something you have to be quick to learn -- especially if you're going to be touchy about morals -- is that no one 'deserves' to be imprisoned. No one deserves to be stripped of the rights given to them by the Goddesses -- and those who try, I say, should be damned to oblivion and beyond. Thankfully, we cannot simply jail people like some would like. Thankfully, we do not do so without proper evidence and decisions made by their peers. Everyone deserves a chance for redemption, and redemption cannot be found within the confines of a cell.

"So, do I think I'm the best option to be the Captain of the Guard? No, absolutely not. But no one is."

Julius turned to Spaghet now. He hadn't heard much about the Moblin -- given, he was a lawyer, whom he had dealt with before on some occasions. "So, Spaghet... There's a certain Deku Scrub whom I'm nearly certain you're acquainted with. How did you two come to meet? Why do you think she turned out as she did?"
  9. Saria

Both Spaghet and Navina had their own reservations about Julius's answer. A smile began to form on her face and it was not a friendly one. Spaghet simply glanced away, flinching when he was addressed directly by name. And then of course, his face soured completely when Julius asked him a question. Of course. He thought of lying, considering he did not want to talk about who he could only assume was his most obnoxious Deku Scrub client. But then of course he thought of his stupid, adorable, yapping dog and he shivered. The Poe let out a laugh and Spaghet's tail stiffened. After a pause and while still looking away, Spaghet answered.

"... I have many Deku Scrub clients, Sir. But I can only assume you're talking about the one who hopefully has stopped harassing you at four in the morning," Spaghet said, finally looking at the Hylian. Fortunately, she had stopped sending Julius messages on the wind at the wee hours of the night. Wiki had been... strangely silent for the past couple of weeks. "I've known her and her family for quite a long time." He sighed. "... it's quite an extensive history. It'd take quite a long while to tell it." He also had no intention of blurting out his life story to the captain of the guard. Absolutely not. "Specifically, I met Wiki when she and I were both children. I've known her for nearly the entirety of my life."

"... as for the second part of your question.." -- Spaghet said, adjusting his glasses with a sneer. What a jerk, asking a question with two parts. But his face softened again before he continued -- "... My client's a sociopath. Plain and simple." Another sigh escaped him and his shoulders hunched even further. ".. She .. well, she doesn't think like you and me, Mr. Surgate. The woman lacks empathy and remorse, but it really .. well, it isn't ... entirely her fault." Spaghet glanced towards Navina. He couldn't believe he was defending Wiki outside of a courtroom. (albeit using the same speech he gave the jury on more than one occasion) "She won't ever admit it, but she lacks any ability to empathize. The only way she'll know what you're feeling is through analysis, Sir." Spaghet continued to straighten his back as he spoke, the familiarity of the speech giving his words more confidence. "It's easy to see how this coupled with extensive anger issues would lead to someone who didn't... blend well with society." The Poe crossed its arms and Spaghet gulped. He was being honest in answering the questions. He was just.. excluding details.

"... But I.. well, it's... she turned out the way she did for a lot of reasons," Spaghet said, glancing from side to side. "I don't think it's fair to try to pin it on one thing." He readied to ask Navina a question, but he pursed his lips and held up his finger when he thought of something else. He had something to say... but obviously held his tongue. After a moment, he sighed, and then glanced over towards the Gerudo "... Miss Navina, could you answer Julius's rhetorical question?"

"No," The Gerudo snapped. The Poe cackled and summoned the sword, pointing it at the Floormaster. Navina quickly held up her gauntlet. "Fine, I will answer it. Obviously the second one. But anyone with half a heart would in that scenario." Spaghet glanced towards the wall and tapped his fingers together. "Julius must fail to realize that criminals only create more criminals. It’d be the only way he could create such a question. Scum associates with scum, criminals breed, multiply." She glanced towards Spaghet and the moblin crossed his arms as she did. He narrowed his eyes and began to tap his clawed foot. He was clearly offended, especially after just revealing his intertwined history with an obvious and known criminal. The Poe giggled, enjoying seeing the woman smart off to her superior officer given an unrestricted chance.

"Mr. Surgate, your turn again," Navina grinned. The moblin rolled his eyes. "Do you find yourself treating certain people... different while on patrol for certain characteristics they can't change? Any in particular that stand out?" Spaghet pursed his lips and looked towards the Gerudo. His opinion of her was dropping further and further.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  10. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Ah, yes, here we go. The inescapable question of race and other characteristics. 'Do you find yourself treating certain people differently while on patrol for certain characteristics they can't change?'" He repeated, somewhat mockingly. "That depends on what exactly you mean by 'certain characteristics'. In the case of race? No, absolutely not, and you'd have to be a fool to believe that. You certainly have it out for me for no inexplicable reason, don't you, Navina? Normally I'd ask why, but I don't believe you yourself is even qualified for that.

"Now, as for other characteristics, such as mental infirmity? Insanity? Sometimes, yes. Only if they've already been detained and deemed mentally unfit, however. Of course, they only do more harm to themselves than they do to anyone else." He looked at the Poe, hovering overhead, who remained silent and still. "I believe I have answered your question enough as it is, but allow me to continue." The Poe nodded, as to allow him to keep speaking.

"First of all, your utterly toxic accusations of me and my character hold no wait whatsoever. You glorify yourself so as to envision yourself as a type of martyr," he spat with an amount of toxicity that could have dissolved her right then and there, "that it, quite frankly, disgusts me. How much have you actually, truly given up to further the cause of the Hyrule Guard? How many nights have you gone without sleep, analyzing again and again maps which are not accurate in the slightest? How many times have you risked life and limb travelling to Southern Hyrule and back, all in hopes of having something to go on about movements in the South? Navina, you over-glorify yourself, I'll say that much. To be so pretentious, so delirious, that you are the be-all, end-all of morality and authority disgusts me, frankly. You seem to always have it in your head that somehow, you are better than I. I know I have my faults; I own up to them, at least. But what about you, Navina? What can you say about yourself? You carry yourself so haughtily that you may well consider yourself above and beyond the calls of duty. Frankly, there is no room for someone like that in the Hyrule Guard." The Poe raised its sword, cutting off Julius. He could speak no more.

"Present a question for someone." It spoke in a neutral, moderated tone.

"Fine. Spaghet, I'll come back to you, but Navina. Why do you carry yourself so highly? Why do you think so little of me?"
  11. Saria

Spaghet picked at the skin and fur on his hands as Julius spoke. He occasionally stole glances at Navina, who every time he looked over seemed to begin to shake more and more. He gulped, thinking about what Julius had said. Even he treated moblins differently than he did Hylians. He couldn't help but occasionally feel superior to his more uneducated brothers and sisters. As he continued to pick at the fur, he couldn't help but see the hypocrisy in his line of thinking. A deep feeling of guilt began to well within him. He focused intently on the back of his hands as Julius began to berate Navina - Spaghet wasn't even going to bother looking at the Gerudo at this point. He was pretty sure it would only cause him more anxiety.

Navina's body shook, she was clearly enraged. She smiled, the same deceitful smile that she always displayed when she had something to say. But for some reason, she couldn't quite place the correct words. The Poe tapped its finger impatiently.

"... Your questions are interesting," she finally began, her smile beaming. Her voice was calm and deliberate. "You assume I think little of you, Julius, which is far from the truth. You seem to think that my criticisms come from malicious intent. They do not. And I... apologize for the harshness in my words." She stiffened and her smile faded. "I would like to go back, however, to the question you were not forced to pose. I dedicate myself fully to every task I have ever given myself, Julius. So how much have I given up for the guard, Sir?" She chuckled, although forced. Spaghet winced. "Who do you think is always first to take an assignment no one else wants to do? The assignments without glory, without excitement. The ones where you don't even get that privilege of finding nothing of movements in the South, the assignments where the only excitement is correcting a misspelling in paperwork. I don't mind it, not at all, and I'm not complaining. There always has to be someone to do the work no one else is willing to do. It matters little what my personal opinions are on the matter. I will complete it without fail and without complaint. The ones I am stationed with will not complete it at all."

"You say I carry myself highly, Julius, but if I do it's only because I find myself continuously let down by those surrounding me. There is nothing else for me, but me," Navina said and stared through the slits in her visor. Her fist clenched. "I criticize you harshly, Julius, because I hate to see a man with so much promise and in a position so powerful not work towards perfection." Her smile returned. "Maybe you are right. Maybe the guard has no place for someone like me." She paused for what Spaghet thought was way too long.

"Mr. Yettin," Navina began. The moblin tensed even more. He had been brooding over and getting anxious about what sort of question Julius could ask, but he hadn't even considered that the Gerudo would turn her attention towards him. He slowly turned his head towards her.

"Yes?"

"Where were yo---"

"This question is boring," the Poe began, "You haven't even finished it and I hate it. Moblin, you ever eat a Hylian?"

Spaghet froze, his voice came out nearly as a whisper.

"... y-yes... once. I... I didn't..."

The Poe laughed and Spaghet pulled at his ears. It wasn't his fault! He didn't even know what it was until after the fact! It was his brother Balone who had been tasked with dinner that night, no one could ever expect anything good from that man. It didn't even taste that great...

"J-... Julius," Spaghet said, wanting to change the subject as soon as possible. But then.. then he realized he didn't have a question to ask. Great. More time for Navina and Julius to judge him. He tapped his fingers together and glanced towards the Poe, and then over to his dog. Spagget began to wonder why Burrito was being so well behaved. It seemed ... odd. Spaghet struggled to think of something to ask and then decided to asked the first question that had popped into his head. "... What do you think about the concept of death, Julius? Does it frighten you?" Spaghet glanced over to the Poe, expecting his question to be overturned. To his surprise it was not.
  12. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Death... is a topic I find best left to the songwriters, lyricists, and poets. I have seen death many times, and tempted it more times than that. All that I can be found to be said is that there is no avoiding it. When your time comes, make peace with all in the world, lest you pass a wounded soul." He thought for a second more. And then another. And another.

The Poe soon began to tick and tock rhythmically, just like a clock. "Time is running out..." His arms morphed into those like the hands of a clock. One situated directly over the Wolfos mother. Julius hesitated for a moment, before speaking again.

"Alright, alright, just calm down there. Whose imagination did you spawn from, anyway? Maybe you're just another construct of the dungeon." He squinted at the Poe. He didn't seem real. Hell, he knew the projections weren't real -- but it was less about what they really were, and more about what they represented to them, he imagined. He bit his cheek for a moment. He had no idea what to say next. "Alright, the truth is that a lot of good and just people are taken from us too early too often by people I could hardly give a damn less about. Often times, I find myself frustrated with the inability to do anything about it -- anything about the deceased I mean. Not necessarily how or why they die, but... Spaghet? In all honesty? Death makes it all feel so fucking pointless. I want to change that, I think. Somehow, at least.

"But I also think it's necessary, to some fucked up degree. For instance, the Hero, and Ganon. I was alive when he slew Volvagia, and I was alive the following week when he'd yet to emerge from Death Mountain. An accurate name now, eh? That's beside the point, I guess, but still. Everything in the South has been... quieter, since then. Part of me wants to believe he died in battle, dealing the final blow to Ganon just as he himself was struck down. So, in that way, I think death is a necessary component of the world. If I were a different man, I'd perhaps preach some naturalist shit about the circle of life or whatever, but that's not me. I suppose it gives the bards and minstrels enough to sing about."

He stopped speaking, his piece having been said. Still, someone needed a question. "Spaghet, you're a lawman. Care to tell me why you chose that particular occupation?"
  13. Saria

Before Spaghet could begin to answer the question, a sword appeared over the moblin's head. His opened mouth closed and he put down his finger. What the hell did he do to make the Poe angry?! He hadn't even spoken!

"Would you like to make a bet with this one, Mr. Julius?" The Poe laughed. "'Just another construct of a dungeon' you say!" The Poe cackled as the sword disappeared and the moblin felt a rush of relief crash over him.

"... S-So... I... uh..." Spaghet said, faltering. He had.. completely forgotten what Julius had asked. After a moment, it came to him. "Ah! Ah... er, yes. W-Why I became a l-lawyer... " Spaghet paused. "... you could say that I had a ... nudge in the direction." A nudge was the wrong word. "... My parents, as soon as my parents had heard even the possibility of one of their brood being able to help with the more rowdy of their family they had jumped on the idea. My father wouldn't let me consider any of the other career paths I had in mind."

"... But law was a system I could learn, so I did," Spaghet said, looking down at the ground. "... I... I was was considering accounting. I p-pr... probably would have liked it a b-bit more." Another understatement. Spaghet looked over to the Gerudo. His lips pursed. "... Miss Navina, could you raise up your visor?"

"That's a command, Spaghet," she hissed, the hostility in her voice made the moblin jump. "Not a question."

"I'll be nice, you don't even have to answer a question," The Poe laughed. "Even though I'm sure you'd want to instead." A moment later, an unseen force popped Navina's visor up, revealing tired, heavily bagged eyes that contrasted heavily with the rest of the woman's appearance. She quickly moved to slam the visor back down. Navina took out her curved sword and pointed it at the Poe, who laughed and promptly summoned another weapon and pointed it at her. It continued to cackle, twirling and disappearing into a cloud of black smoke along with the summoned illusions.

All disappeared, of course, but five swords that now began to circle threateningly around the trio. Spaghet unsheathed the hidden sword in his cane and nervously readied to parry. Good thing he took fencing all throughout college.
  14. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius guarded against a blade's attack with his shield as he tried to draw his blade. He pulled and pulled on the grip of his sword, but it was to no avail. It seemed he wouldn't be able to draw his blade; not now, at least. Instead, he would simply have to provide a wall for Spaghet, whose sword was already drawn from his cane. Navina's was drawn as well.

He knew Navina could handle herself in a fight, but could the same be said of Spaghet? Not being privy to his training as a fencer, he decided to stand alongside Spaghet. Every time a blow would come, Julius would block it by slamming the sword one way or another. He finally shattered the blade of one by trading a series of quick swipes with his shield, before reaching out and shattering it with a fist. This was a dream, after all. Things did not work normally here, and he suspected no one present wanted them to, given his inability to draw his blade. Nonetheless, he still proved to be a capable combatant, though he had little training by means of his fists. Perhaps he would change that, soon.

He shattered another blade with a blow of his blade. A snap of his fingers while he played the defensive, and Lexi's almost fluid green blade struck from a wormhole to space. It pierced into one -- but seemed to not affect the blade at all. An oddity, Julius thought, as he continued to parry and evade blow after blow. He reached for his blade again -- perhaps he could unsheathe it now. No such luck, still. He positioned his hand for a moment and focused his power there -- bringing a Keese into existence. It would surmise a good enough distraction for the others, he supposed, while still continuing to black and evade blows from the remaining weapons.
  15. Saria

Navina cared little for the well being of both Spaghet and Julius. Fully enraged, she slammed her sword and parried blows like a madman. A scream and a mighty blow later, Navina's sword collided with the spectral weapon and cracked it in half. It wasn't enough. She nearly growled as another sword had targeted her, doing her best to jump with her armor on.

The moblin was rusty at best and was grateful for the assistance. Although he landed few (one) blow against a sword, most of his time he spent dodging and weaving out of the way of them. The moblin was an agile fellow. Between watching the swords' movements, he glanced over to Julius. And then Spaghet noticed it. Of course. How had he not obtained lucidity before was beyond him, but now the Bokoblin realized this had to be a dream. There was no way the captain of the guard would normally choose to punch a sword.

Spaghet was certain it was a dream until a sword managed to get past the Wall-of-Julius land a blow on his left shoulder, slicing it open. He screamed out in pain and dropped his sword, grabbing at the wound with his right hand. He was trembling now as he did his best to avoid any other blows. He was used to horrific dreams, but never before had he felt such intense and realistic pain in one.

"W-Well at least I don't have to worry about these two thinking I'm strange for eating Hylian once," Spaghet absentmindedly stated. Navina didn't hear his comment, too busy tunneling in on another sword.
  16. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Spaghet!" Julius yelled as the Bokoblin's shoulder split open. He turned to meet the blood-drenched blade, narrowly avoiding a horizontal slice from the animate weapon. He charged into it with his shield -- grabbing it by its hilt. He soon found himself facing Spaghet, wielding his own sword -- what the fuck was going on?

He looked at its edge, soaked in blood. He looked at Spaghet, clutching his shoulder in pain. He was wary, but worried. However, he began to speak up nearly immediately. "Spaghet, I . . . I didn't cut you. Did I?" Julius was starting to freak out just a bit -- perhaps this was more than a dream. He was filled with anxiety almost instantly. He looked back to the tainted edge of his sword again, thumbing the blood from the blade into his hand. It was gooey, but thicker than blood normally was. It was oddly warm, too. It was exceptionally warm, in fact -- it felt like his hand was almost on fire! He quickly shook the viscous liquid off of his hand, as it splattered onto the floor of the room. He sheathed his blade quickly, wiping the blood from it onto the leather of his scabbard, as he bent over to check on Spaghet's wound. It wasn't there any more. "I..." A bewildered look spread across his face. "I have no idea what the fuck is going on any more."

Those were words he was willing to admit. He had absolutely no idea what was happening any more -- even if this was a dream. It felt like it was certainly a valid experience, and didn't hold the usual hazy feeling of dreams. It felt all too real to Julius, and certainly even realer to Spaghet. He looked at the growing puddles of blood on the stony floor of the room, before quickly advising the rest of the group to exit. "Come on. I don't want to stay here any longer." He rushed behind them, watching as the blood steeped up the steps, soon growing into nearly a lake.

The next room was dark. It was pitch black, in fact. It was impossible to see anything, but it was cold, even to Julius, and it was wet. A rushing sound could be heard from all directions, but it was slightly muffled. What the hell was going on?
  17. Saria

The moblin certainly did feel a sense of foreboding when Julius sliced into him. Why had the man suddenly attacked him?! Or at least, he was quite certain that was how it went. He clutched at his wound. The man didn't deal with pain well, and when he looked down at his bloody hand he-- wait a second. It wasn't bloody at all. Spaghet looked up at Julius and adjusted his glasses, shaking his head no in response. He didn't... well, he wouldn't believe it, rather. Why would the man do such a thing?

The Gerudo nodded at Julius as she finished off the last of the creatures, not catching any of what happened. She sighed. The two looked rather worn after battle. And then Julius spoke. Her eyes immediately darted over to the Bokoblin. What was Julius talking about? Navina looked over the moblin, realizing there was no wound, and shrugged. Navina lead the pack, following Julius's instructions without issue ... but she did not understand why the two were so frazzled. She cursed herself for being so inward thinking and letting her emotions get the better of her.

As the trio entered the room, Spaghet cursed that he couldn't see in the dark. He heard the rushing of water, and then, footsteps. Navina braced for combat and Spaghet -- wait. Spaghet knew that scent. He kne--

"-- Well if it isn't the guy who I fuck, the one I wanna fuck, and the one who never fucks!"

No. If this really was a dream, it was shaping up to be quite the typical nightmare. Spaghet groaned and Navina gripped her two handed sword tighter. She knew that voice too. It was a shame that it was so dark...

"Hello Wiki," Spaghet sighed. He knew she could see in the dark, so whatever spawned her in his head probably could, too. "Y'know, I'm really not appreciating my subconci--"

"-- manifesting literally the only person dumb enough to screw you? Please. Too bad you're stuck in a shared dream. I'm certain you'd be able to figure out who's who who, as in, who's dreaming and who's just... well, I mean, you all know me, so maybe it is me who's the apparition. Maybe it was Commander Tits 'n Ass the entire time, or maybe it's been Captain Round Ears 'n Wrinkles ... Sheesh. Maybe that face was decent once, Julius, but no wonder you haven't gotten anyone to share 'your pure virgin love' with." She cackled - how did the Deku know this information? (protip she's not real). "Even I found someone. At least the Gerudo still has a shot."

Spaghet and Navina both pondered what the raspy voice had said... and both did their best to ignore the last parts of her speech. One of them was fake, the others were real -- Spaghet could believe it, he was used to odd magic effecting dreams, but Navina refused to. Suddenly, torches illuminated the room, showing all four figures at each corner of the room. Had they walked in separate directions into it?

"Either way, I ain't running, I don't think I really can either, as you can see, the room has no door" Wiki said, crossing her arms with a sigh. She wasn't lying - had a door closed without them noticing? "I'm certain at least one of you is frothing at the mouth to kill me, and I've been trapped in this room until you guys came along. Only three are getting through, no more, no less, at least that's what it says on the wall." Wiki shrugged, and anyone looking at the wall could plainly see she wasn't lying. Spaghet looked at Navina. The Gerudo was hesitating, looking towards Julius.
  18. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    Julius' eyes narrowed as he heard Wiki approach from the darkness. As soon as he heard her gravelly, raspy voice speak into the air, his being filled with rage. His eyes glimmered with fire as he recounted the event of the City in the Sky some months ago, and the many disturbing messages with which she had tormented him with. There was the episode in the Snowpeak Ruins, of course, and Navina was present for that as well. He had endured it all, for however many months it had been.

His entire body shook with anger as he slowly approached the Deku Scrub. He thought to draw his blade -- but no, that would not provide as much satisfaction. Instead, he undid the buckle on his shield and let it clatter to the floor. "Wiki," he said, his anger, his fury, apparent in his voice. "Wiki. I have endured your harassment, your torment, your . . . perverseness, for quite a few months now. I have withstood, endured, and now I have triumphed. It is time for your retribution." He squeezed his hand tighter, balling it into a fist. Wiki had finished her piece. He took her words into consideration, before loosing a left hook to where he figured she'd be. It was an odd angle for a punch -- that much was true -- so as Wiki crumpled from the sheer strength of the blow, Julius lashed out with a kick, knocking her head against the floor. He groped around in the darkness for just a second, soon finding the hem of her blouse. Lifting her up, hettled his hand on her neck.

It wasn't necessarily a strangle hold, but it did possess some force to it. Another blow came from his fist, this time pounding her straight in her snout. It cracked as sap began to flow from her wounds. He struck her again with his fist, this time a mite softer, but on the side of her face. As the blow impacted her, she flew from his grip, landing some feet away. "Wiki. Had you been a better person, perhaps we could have been friends, as you and Spaghet had been . . . skipping over some of the details, of course." He said details with some venom attached to it. "But, now, here? This is how it has to be. I will not apologize for summarily punishing the one I find to be, after my many years on Hyrule, the most despicable, dishonorable, miserable being I've ever encountered. May your soul find peace in the afterlife," he said as he walked towards her. He picked her up, again by the hem of her blouse, again putting his hand around her neck.

It was the noose that she would hang from. As she hung there, helpless in his grasp, he began to slowly, yet noticeably increase the pressure. It grew, and grew, and grew, until it could grow no more. The tree she hung from was every bit as strong. The steel around her throat clenched as Julius threw her away. He wasn't sure whether or not she had actually died, but Julius didn't care. He had seen enough of her antics to know that even death was perhaps being too kind to her.

"Spaghet, Navina. Forgive my outburst. Let us continue, please," the guardsman spoke as he headed into the wall, departing for whatever was next in this hellish nightmare.
  19. Saria

As torches had turned on, Spaghet was allowed to watch his childhood friend be pummeled to a pulp by the Captain of the Hyrule Guard. What a pleasure. He covered his ears, flinching whenever he heard wood crack. The man felt powerless to stop Julius, since he was, and it was not like Navina was going to stop him. The Bokoblin shook with a mixture of feelings as Wiki stood eerily silent, neither fighting back nor back talking her aggressor. Spaghet just hoped that what Wiki said was true, and that the Poe was dumb enough to make the Deku Scrub the illusion. Wow, two really coincidental things had to happen at once. Hmm. (( :kermit: ))

It didn't help that Julius apologized to Spaghet for an outburst. An outburst?! A child throwing a fit in a candy store was an outburst, calling your best friend the most miserable being in all of Hyrule while pummeling her willing body to a pulp was a little bit more than an outburst. Spaghet had begun rehearsing a speech in his mind, his jaw dropped, he closed it again, pursing his lips before tears began to well at the sides of his eyes.

Navina glanced over to him. Her own eyes widened. He dared not. She wasn't good with managing other people's emotions, and crying was a pretty intense expression of them. As the moblin rushed over to the corpse, he began to inspect it. The Gerudo watched him do so. His tail twitched multiple times as the same feeling of foreboding danced across his spine. His breathing began to accelerate as his body began to shake.

He rushed through the wall that Julius had gone through on all fours before standing up on his two legs again. He attempted to straighten himself before realizing he wasn't able to do so. With a hunched back and teared ears, he spoke with a shaky voice.

"Y-You can't say those things," he said softly. He pointed at Julius with a shaky finger, now noticing that Navina had joined the pair. Her teeth clenched, unsure on what to do. "S-... s... she doesn't... " Spaghet couldn't hold back now, tears flowing down his face. The moblin covered his eyes out of embarrassment, wiping away most of the tears before speaking again. "Y-You d.. don't know her like I... you..."
  20. Cloud

Cloud friend admin

Member:
    this dick
    "Spaghet. Calm down. You are as well aware as I am that that was not the real Wikitoria Levitt, as either of us know her. Do not succumb to the illusions of this place, or I fear none of us may be able to escape. It is important to realize that none of this is really real, as we know the meaning of that word. Or maybe it is, in the fact that that it's what we see, feel, and hear. Who knows." Julius talked, looking at the Moblin pathetically trying to hide his tears. "Spaghet, I know Wiki is a . . . very good friend of yours, if what she said was true, I guess. But you need to realize that here, and now, that wasn't the real Wiki. Come on, Spaghet, pull yourself together." Julius knew he didn't really quite well know the Moblin, but he attempted to comfort him well enough. "Were she real, and were we not trapped in this maze, I would have made sure to bring her to Castle-Town in search of justice . . . if this place even counts as a part of Hyrule." There were so many loopholes in Hylian law. It was ridiculous.

"Either way, I'd enjoy it if we could get out of this nightmare sooner rather than later. I'd appreciate it if at least one of you thought the same. Perhaps the Poe from earlier is the master of this realm. I don't know, in all honesty, but the only way we're going to be able to see about that is if we work together to escape from this place." He looked at Spaghet again, with a bit of remorse in his eyes. "Come on. This place isn't good for any of us."

Julius lead the two others -- assuming they decided to follow -- through the stone passage. It opened into a wide room, well-lit, save for an overpowering black mass in the center of the room. A whirlpool was in it, like water. Julius locked up with fear as he approached the water.

Oh Din. He thought as he stared into the fluid. He could see into it. He could see the terrors that lurked beneath. "Um, uh," he stammered, struggling to regain his mental foothold. "Uh," he began, "it would seem that we need t-to..." Oh Farore-- WHAT IS THAT?! He was in mental turmoil at this point. Suddenly, a push came from behind him. He thought he saw Spaghet.

As he began to sink through the water, he doubted very much whether or not the Moblin had actually pushed him. Either way, it seemed he was going to confront one of his greatest fears in this place. He suddenly very suspicious of the labyrinth's true purpose.

The light faded as he sunk deeper into the water. Thanks to his Zora mail, he could breathe underwater -- perhaps that only made it more horrifying for Julius. Barely able to make out his hand in front of his face, he felt something rush behind him. He turned in an attempt to see -- he was becoming very afraid very quickly. He mentally recited a prayer to Farore for great courage, and prayer to Nayru for a blessing of wisdom. He doubted the Goddesses heard him, however.