Corruption

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Corruption

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: No visible attack

Description of Function: Causes non magical fauna to mutate hideously and serve the caster for a few minutes before reverting back and mostly likely dying.

Limitations: Requires Dark Affinity. Increases user's vulnerability to light magic. Makes encountered fauna distrustful of user and become more likely to attack unprovoked.

Description (open)
    By focusing the raw corruptive nature of their magic, dark magic users can cause animals and sentient plants to mutate and serve them. The corruption of the creature makes them stronger, quicker, and more vicious, usually attacking with little care to their well being. While the creature will serve the caster, they are still only as smart and well trained as they were before and usually can only care out simple commands such as who to attack or where to go. Once the spell wears off after a couple of minutes, the creature returns to its natural form. The corruption is very damaging to the body however, and it is unlikely that the creature will survive unless tended to. Oddly enough, creatures that have a strong bond with a person, such as pets, familiars, and mounts, are very resistant to the spell.

Animals and sentient plants seem to have a sense for people who possess the ability to corrupt and control them and generally regard such people with distrust. They are more likely to attack the user if possible even if they are unprovoked. As with all dark magic spells, possessing the spell gives the owner a slight vulnerability against light magic and enhancements that increases as they learn more dark spells.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

My main thing here is that there are things in the description that aren't there in the main fields. Remember that the fields are the main part of the TC process; the description is an aside, something to help out the Staff. When making these, put everything important into the fields (almost as if you were afraid the staff would ignore the spoiler [which wouldn't happen]).
  3. Spirit Adept

My apologies, I'm better at describing stuff then I am summing it up in the main fields. I'll fix this immediately.
  4. Spirit Adept

Corrected suggestion with better description.

Name: Corruption

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: No visible attack

Description of Function: Causes non magical fauna and intelligent plants to mutate hideously and serve the caster for a few minutes. The creatures gain increased strength, speed, and become vicious to the point where they will risk injury to themselves to hurt someone. When the creature reverts back the corruption leaves it injured to the point that it will die without immediate medical attention

Limitations: Requires Dark Affinity. Increases user's vulnerability to light magic. Makes encountered fauna distrustful of user and become more likely to attack unprovoked. Pets, familiars, and mounts are highly resistant to the spell.

Description (open)
    By focusing the raw corruptive nature of their magic, dark magic users can cause animals and sentient plants to mutate and serve them. The corruption of the creature makes them stronger, quicker, and more vicious, usually attacking with little care to their well being. While the creature will serve the caster, they are still only as smart and well trained as they were before and usually can only care out simple commands such as who to attack or where to go. Once the spell wears off after a couple of minutes, the creature returns to its natural form. The corruption is very damaging to the body however, and it is unlikely that the creature will survive unless tended to. Oddly enough, creatures that have a strong bond with a person, such as pets, familiars, and mounts, are very resistant to the spell.

Animals and sentient plants seem to have a sense for people who possess the ability to corrupt and control them and generally regard such people with distrust. They are more likely to attack the user if possible even if they are unprovoked. As with all dark magic spells, possessing the spell gives the owner a slight vulnerability against light magic and enhancements that increases as they learn more dark spells.
  5. Quill

How many times can the caster use this? How many non-magical fauna can be affected by one casting? Does "magical fauna" include all LoZ enemies, or just ones clearly rooted in magic?
  6. Spirit Adept

Magical fauna are ones deeply rooted in magic. Something that is basically made of it, like a fairies or spirits or undead creatures. Non magical fauna is stuff that exist naturally without any magical influence, like wolfos or deku baba.

As for how many...uh, I need help with a fair number. What immediately comes to mind is that you can only use it on one creature, unless you have 5 wisdom and then you can use it on two. Or would it be better to say it can be used on one creature per point of wisdom score?

Spellcasting time limits...I'd say once every couple of minutes, but one casting of the spell can affect as many creatures as you are capable of affecting at one time.
  7. Quill

Just how mutated are we talking here?
  8. Spirit Adept

I was going to leave that up to the RPer for the specifics. Generally the mutation is pretty horrifying looking, and it makes them stronger and more vicious. It wouldn't give them extra abilities that they weren't capable of before, like a wolfos wouldn't mutate a pair of wings.
  9. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

So this won't turn a dog into a Zergling. Good; I'm okay with that limitation.
  10. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

What form of contact is this spell cast through? Telepathy, touching, beams, waves, etc. The spell seems to imply the first one but just making sure.
  11. Spirit Adept

It would be telepathy. Since this isn't the kind of spell you're using directly on people or other RP characters I figured it wouldn't matter much to make it a spell that just hits, rather then worrying about it being dodged or avoided. Plus I think it gives it a much more frightful feel for people witnessing the spell if the caster just raises his hand and turns a wolf into some sort of hell creature.
  12. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I'm down.
  13. Quill

There we go. If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or "Quill you forgot this"-s, just post and let me know.

`Corruption
    Original: Spirit Adept, Spell - Offense
    [Dark], [Empowerment], [Transformation]

W5: 45 rupees
    W4: 60 rupees
    W3: 80 rupees
    W2: 120 rupees
    W1: 200 rupees

Prerequisite to Obtain: Dark Affinity

The caster can cause nearby non-magical fauna and intelligent plants to hideously mutate and serve him merely by focusing on them.  The affected creatures gain increased strength and speed (but no additional abilities) and become so vicious that they care not about their own safety.  When they revert back, the corruption leaves them so injured that death is inevitable without immediate medical attention.  This spell cannot be recast until some time has passed since the end of the last casting's effects.

The caster's vulnerability to light magic is increased.  Animals and intelligent plants become distrustful of this spell's owner and are more likely to attack unprovoked.  Pets, familiars, and mounts are highly resistant to the spell.
  14. Spirit Adept

Works for me.