Cool Stuff Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey Everyone! I just thought that I'd update you all on things that will be happening soon, and things that the staff are working on for HC!

First thing has to do with usergroups for the RP. Right now, the ugly green colors for the names doesn't look good. Also, the legend looks cluttered and messy with the listings of "RP Page, RP Guard, RP Knight" in them. Soon we will be getting rid of these groups! But don't worry, that doesn't mean we will be getting rid of the positions all together. Instead, they are going to be ranks instead of groups, meaning that you will still have access to the Knight and Guard forums, (Reg/Vet) and will still have the benefits in the RP that you had. All in all, everything will be the same except for they wont be groups, instead, everyone will be "Citizen of Hyrule" with future groups to come (More details on that in a future post).

Secondly, we will soon be rolling out a new dungeon system for the RP. Every three weeks, a new dungeon will become available in a new location in Hyrule. This dungeon will be made by the staff, and will be unique, original, and hopefully worth while! They each will also reward players with a unique treasure only obtainable by doing the dungeon. As a sneak peak, the first dungeon will have to do with a corrupted great fairy fountain, and the reward for doing this dungeon will be the spell: Fairy. Each dungeon will be available for a month, before it is taken down. There will be a sub forum that houses these threads, and more information will be coming when we are ready to roll this out. (For those dungeons that have high demand to return, they can be recycled through. This will allow new users or those who missed it to get the great item each dungeon offers.)

Lastly, during the summer months the staff is spread very thin. We'd ask that you have patience with us, as treasure grading, character grading, and quest grading can take a while to complete. If yours sits for a few days without a response from a staff member, please just send us a PM, we may be discussing it among the staff, or may have not had time to look over it yet. Communication is key, so we'd like to keep you in the loop.

Anyway, I hope that sounds fun, let us know what you think!
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I like the idea of everyone being classified as a citizen of Hyrule, but how will you know if someone a newbie or not?

For the dungeons, will it be threads of the same dungeon for each person/group that decides to challenge it? Because that sounds like an excellent idea, because then the RP section can always have something new to look forward to.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

It will be via ranks or some other method. I'm looking into ways to implement it and will let everyone know the specifics when it's ready for use.

As for the dungeons, yes, it will be open to specific groups/people who want to challenge it. It wont be one big dungeon run, but can be run by many groups at the same time. There will be a new one to challenge every three weeks. One other dungeon that was discussed was one that was in a goron graveyard in Death Mountain who's end boss would be a redead Biggoron. It too would have a unique item that could only be obtained through the RP.
  4. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

To be honest, I absolutely LOVE the idea of the unique dungeons. They could also be a good method of giving the plot.
  5. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    While I'm excited to hear about the new dungeons, does that mean the current Classic Dungeons will no longer be available to be done? I have several dungeons that I would love to run through, especially now that I'm actually playing games like Link's Awakening and the Oracle Series.
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Classic Dungeons should remain open during the meantime.
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Classic dungeons will remain as they are. These new dungeons will be separate and within the real RP Hyrule. I know willow has stuff planed for the main plot, these will likely be parts of the sub plot.
  8. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sounds cool! The strict time deadline makes me a little wary, since that kind of thing tends to fall apart, but RP Dungeons sound cool. I don't know how much staff involvement the RPDs would require, but I hope it wouldn't be too much. Less work for the mods, more control for the RPers, you know? Extra emphasis on the "less of a burden to the crunched staff" bit, lol. Since they're in the main RP forums, they'd probably fall under the "each character can only be in one main thread at once" rule, if that's still around. That could be a problem for initial interest, since I'm remembering that a lot of the quest threads got a "I would, but I have no free characters in that area." Location is a big thing, too- unless transportation is assumed/provided or something, not many people will be able to RP in places like Death Mt.'s base and Ikana's center, you know?

I got a day off from Basic, so I thought I'd stop by and drop off a few cents. c:
  9. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

It wouldn't be a strict deadline, thats the time you have to START the dungeon, not finish it. And there would be transportation involved, something like a flying creature taking your party there, or whatever.