Consecrated Fabric

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Consecrated Fabric

P/W/C Type: None - Magical cloth material

Appearance: Light fabric that feels like soft leather

Description of Function: Material for making clothes that helps protect the wearer from dark magic.

Limitations: Requires one bolt of cloth per shirt or pants, two bolts of cloth for robes.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sounds good, but I would add something else to it as well, something that'll make it useful to those who don't associate with dark magic users. Maybe some kind of "increases strength of light magic and helps protect from dark magic"? Other suggestions are welcome, too.
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Given how light magic already does a number on Dark Affinity users I don't think its necessary to add the light strengthening attribute to it.
  4. Quill

My intention was to give this an effect unrelated to Dark Users, so if the suggestion was counterproductive, you're right; it's not necessary. Thoughts?
  5. Spirit Adept

I suggested this mostly to go along with having fabrics that were resistant to elements. At the moment I can't think of a way to enhance it so if it can't stand on its own, feel free to give it the axe.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Like desecrated fabric, I think this has a place. We don't have a Light Affinity yet, but I'd be completely down with making one in the future. This isn't Pokemon, so having people with LA and DA be weak to each other isn't out of the question. As someone grows more pure, it wouldn't make them necessarily more resistant to attacks by evil, it would make being hit by them even more threatening, in my mind. The opposite is already applied for DA, so I don't see why it can't be in reverse.

That said, if I had a LA character, they would totally have a robe made from this stuff :V Needless to say, I'm fine with the notion.
  7. Quill

Alright. How's this, Spirit?

`Consecrated Fabric
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Dark], [Magical], [Material], [Protect]

20 rupees

This light, leather-like fabric may be used in crafting by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level in the Crafting treasure. It helps to protect the wearer from magic with the [Dark] field.
  8. Spirit Adept

Yep that works
  9. Quill

10. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

2/2 From me