Concerning the Jagon Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WillowtheWhisp, Dec 16, 2011.

1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    In lieu of my inactivity, I have decided to officially end the Jagon event. Due to my inattentiveness, among other things, this quest/event could not be completed, and will not be completed. this is due to several factors, among them being the fact that another event has already started, and also that the idea of having more than three roleplayers in one thread was a terrible idea. This will be kept in mind for future events, and will likely (hopefully) not happen again.

Regarding the rewards of this event, I have decided that it would be unfair to reduce the award given, as it was my own reticence that was the cause of the event's "death". As such, all players that participated (read: anyone who signed up for the quest), and posted at least once within the event, will receive the normal reward. This is 60 rupees (spent however the player wished), along with being able to change any weapon in the user's possession into a virtually indestructible item (see: Goron Iron or Deku Wood). Full details on these materials can be found in the Library of Treasures, or within the quest thread itself. The hidden rewards, however, will not be given, as only Jagon's army was defeated, and not Jagon himself. These may be recycled in the future, though there is no telling when. If you would like to change the reward you receive from this quest (which are listed within the quest thread itself), please post the changes below.

Concerning the events that transpired during and after this event, this is what is known: Jagon's army was defeated through the efforts of many heroes that day. His forces were utterly annihilated, with superior skill, strength, and tactics. Jagon, however, did not fall. While Damien and Nicholas were able to preoccupy Jagon, they were unable to kill him. However, seeing the approaching reinforcements for the two, and realizing that his assault had been a complete rout, Jagon decided to retreat from the battlefield. Using a dark power only Ganon could have created, unmistakable in its evil, Jagon burst into purple flames, disappearing before the hero's eyes. No trace was left of his body, and it is assumed that he escaped that day.

Quest Thread: http://forums.hyrulecastle.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=405

Edit:
    To clarify, although the reward says that a weapon may be changed to Deku Ironwood or Goron Iron, you must still roleplay your character receiving said reward, as is true of any other quest reward (since the Jagon Event is over, you can incorporate this into any current, or future quests you may do). However, in the case of this reward, a player-controlled crafter is not necessary in order to have your weapon or armor upgraded. As long as your weapon/armor is feasibly upgraded within a quest, there are no other requirements to receiving this reward.
  2. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

It's been a while, but I will be changing Blyss's reward to:
    A Flying Mount (wyvern)
    -20 rupees
    and reforging her Khopesh out of Goron Iron
  3. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I claim 60 Rupees and an Item reforged to Goron Iron.

For the prizes, I will be tempering the Metal Arm with the Goron Iron, and paying an extra 15 from my pocket along with the 60 rupees to purchase Warlock Punch.
  4. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

I will be claiming the 60 rupee (for my pocket) and the Goron Iron upgrade to her saber.
  5. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

60 rupees and a Guantlet tempered in Goron Iron