Community Contests?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey guys!

So I thought I'd make a post discussing something I've been thinking about. I didn't want to do contests (writing, drawing, whatever else) for the community because I didn't think the participation would be too high. However, recently there has been a substantial amount in interest in this, so I have this question: Would you like to see community contests? Mostly focused on creativity? And if so, what contests would you like to see?

I want to get our community to become more active and lively, and I think this may be a good opportunity to help that out. So let me know what you think!
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I'd definitely go for some character or plot writing contests; and there are some great artists on here so drawing or even general art would be cool too.
  3. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    I gotta say, I would love to see contests around. I'm also mostly with raz on the idea board, sorry for not bringing in anything original. :tpr:
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Yeah! I'd be all for it! Not just RP related, but general writing contests too. Any one else here who writes poetry? If so, a poetry contest could be thrown into the mix too.
  5. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

To think a little outside the box of writing contests, why not also do karaoke contests and two player (2 player) games like Chess or even Super Smash Bros.

But I'm on board with this.
    Double_r111 likes this.
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Smash Bros contests would be AWESOME! I told myself I'd get a new copy, but I haven't yet though. But that would be the perfect incentive. Chess would be great too. I'm no champion, but I'm not bad at chess. Good enough to perform decently in my high school chess club anyways.

I'll seriously keep someone on edge for most of the game, even making it look like they have no chance, then screw it up with a stupid move and ruin it. That's something I'm really working to improve, though it still happens way too often.

But yeah, I'm going off topic. Chess and Smash Bros would both be amazing is what I'm trying to say.
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re-purpose the community tab to showcase the winning products, when applicable.
    Bitoko likes this.
  8. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I think it's a good idea. Poetry, writing, art, graphic design...could be really cool. Maybe even a Mario Kart league or something.
  9. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Super Smash Bros contests yesssss. Can't play V-games, but this would be AWESOME to do. If we had winners and runners-up for art, creative writing, music, w/e, to display in the community tab or somewhere visible on-site, it'd really brighten up the forums and make us look like a more rounded and awesome-r site to prospective members. If this can get off the ground, I think it'd work great.
  10. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I win all drawing contests

I've been working on a new art style :3

But yes, this would be fun
  11. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Do you really want to suffer a brain aneurysm because of be listening to my singing?
  12. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

XD right behind you Raz. I think I'll be sitting those ones out too.