Combining profession items?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Razgriz, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Would it be possible to use multiple professions (one person with multiple professions or multiple people) to create unique items/treasures that take from both professions? Like a bow that could fold back to create a longsword (Bowyer and Weaponsmith) or a form of poisoned bear trap (Alchemist and Blacksmith?). Or would these just be taken as regular treasure?
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I like this idea a lot, and I think it would be acceptable to do, so long as it made sense. For example, the idea of a bow turning into a longsword or the other way around would probably be implausible whereas the idea of a poisoned bear trap would be totally viable. I would think this would also extend to other profession related things that might fall into the crack of not really being a treasure but still being powerful enough to warrant a cost (i.e. not common tier).

The only real issue is logistics. The easy answer right now, which I'll give, is "We'll go at a case by case system" but hopefully in the future we can establish more of a metric. It would be my hope, though, that you wouldn't need to register them as an official LoT-treasure should they be specific enough, but you could simply get the idea cleared and maybe pay a fee depending on the item we're talking about.

Basically I think this idea is cool but would require, like a lot of things, just asking us specifically in advance