City in the Sky (KoG/Steel/Mag)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Magnere, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    City in the Sky
    -Drake (5/1/2): Blessed Boots (-10r) + Dark Blade^2 (-30r)
    -Hanno Arabo (1/4/3): 40r + Profession lvl 3
    -Sir Callad Bolge: (3/2/2): Life Binding Charm

Dungeon Music

Drake had heard rumors of a village, nay, a city in the sky. Kept aloft by some ancient magic, or some powerful technology. All the rumors were very different, and none of them were very consistent. Many of the stories even conflicted with one another. A few people Drake had interviewed claimed bird people lived there, but very few of the Ritos he encountered had even heard of the city. Only one thing was certain. An ancient race lived up in a floating city, and supposedly, no one had ever found said city. Drake decided he was going to be the first.

It was an extremely cloudy day, and extremely windy as well. In fact, it felt like a storm was about to happen soon, but Drake didn't let that deter him. Flying above the clouds where the air was thin helped a little. Sure he had a little trouble breathing, but if he did find the city in the sky today, it would all be worth it. He had been flying for almost an hour now, when he heard the slightest rumble of thunder a few miles behind him. Sighing, he had to land soon. Flying in a thunderstorm would be the worst decision he would probably ever make.

As he slowly made his descent to the ground, he spotted something. A pillar rising up through the clouds? There wasn't any buildings that tall around this part of Hyrule, if there was any at all. Curious, Drake turned and started to glide down towards the pillar. However, it was much more than a pillar. The pillar revealed to be a part of a building, and the building, a part of a city. But not just any city, it was in fact floating. A wide smile spread across Drake's face as he circled the city a few times, marvelling in just how marvelous it looked. After he was down gawking, he carefully floated down and landed on one of the large open platforms.

It was just as incredible, if not more so, than the rumors had lead him to believe. Completely strange and foreign architecture and even stranger machines were seen, both above and below the city. It did look like no one had been here for a while, as things were a little dilapidated, and vines were growing up around the buildings. Drake was lost in thought, wondering what had happened when another clap of thunder echoed in the distance. It was surely going to head this way. Believing he would be safer inside one of the buildings, he pushed one of the doors aside, and made his way inside.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Devil-Steel

Devil-Steel Your friendly neighborhood devil reg

A groan would echo out from within the building that Drake had just moved into. Upon looking for the source of the sound Drake would come to find a Zora getting up from a large cushion. "Ugh...what happened?" Hanno mused to himself as he got off of the cushion. Upon thinking back he remembered that he had been conned into getting into a large cannon that was supposed to take him to this long lost city. Just thinking about it sent a chill down his spine, but that's when it hit him. He had no idea where he was. He remembered being put into the cannon against his will and then waking up here. He came to the conclusion that he his fear of being shot from a very large cannon had overcome him and caused him to pass out and that he had been fired from the cannon while unconscious. If that was the case he had no idea where he was anymore.

Of course he had finally come to he senses and realized that he wasn't alone in this room. "Um...would you happen to know where we are?" Hanno was completely confused, and boy was the answer of where they were was going to shock him.
  3. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

His former squad would've been amazed at the splash that he made in the icy water in the pool in the sky. The cold hit him like lightning, and if he hadn't been trained to snap out of shock, he would've drowned straightaway. As it was, he had to find stairs to climb, because his cloak was tangling him up. He breached the surface with a gasp, and immediately regretted it. The temperature was freezing up here. His hair, starting with his goatee and moustache, froze.

Sir Callad had been examining a piece of machinery he'd never seen before, and seemed to have accidentally activated it. Next thing he knew, he was careening through the sky flipping and flying and cartwheeling and terrified beyond all reason. After that, the pool... in the sky. Somehow he was in a city... in the middle of the sky, at least if those half-shapes he could make out beyond the path were buildings.

"It-t-t was a b-b-b-blood-dy c-c-c-c-can-n-non," he muttered, his breath a cloud of steam. He turned his head to the ground on each side, letting the rapidly cooling water drain from his ears. "D-d-d-Din's T-t-t-tits it's c-c-c-cold...," he complained, trying to stand.

A sudden roar startled some warmth back into him. He heard the loud whump whump of enormous wings beating against the air. Oh, Goddesses, please, no. A piercing scream came from behind him, and he felt sudden heat as he was engulfed in a stream of fire that suddenly passed, drawing steam up from the pool and from his suddenly dry clothes and hair. "W-well, that is... a form of m-mercy, I guess," Callad muttered, silently praising Din as he watched the dragon disappear into the mists. "B-best I get inside."

There was a small building near here, but the path was covered in ice, though there were patches where it was rough. Pulling his cloak closed as the cold began to freeze him again, he walked across the path, bracing himself against the stones to either side when the wind began to blast him. He got to the door, but he saw no doorknob. However, he noticed the bottom of the door had a long slot, into which he could probably insert his fingers and lift. On his hunch, he gripped the door with his fingers, and lifted.

It came up quickly, and the cold and suddenly exhausted knight nearly fell inside.
  4. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Drake was bewildered. There was just a Zora, sleeping on a cushion, who didn't even know how he got here. The Rito cursed a little under his breath, he wasn't the first one to find the place after all. However, just as he was about to speak up and respond to the confused Zora's question, he heard a loud screaming coming from outside. By instinct Drake summoned his sword from thin-air and held it up, aiming at the door, preparing for some large monster to come through. However, all he heard was a loud splash, and then a few seconds later, a loud piercing scream and constant thumping of wings. He was dying to know what caused all the fuss outside, when suddenly a the door came flying open, and a Hylian man came stumbling inside.

Seeing no immediate threat, Drake lowered his weapon to his side. This man looked like he was freezing, probably landed in water based on the splashing he heard earlier. He sighed, yet another person to deal with. How were all these people suddenly finding the City in the Sky? How were they even getting here? No matter, they were here now, and that is all that really mattered. Granted, he was glad for the company, but he didn't even know these two strangers, nor how they were planning on even leaving the city. Certainly flying them down by himself would be impossible.

Taking a step back, he decided it would be appropriate to introduce himself. He arched his back and was about to speak, when a loud squawk came from behind him, underneath a table. Drake immediately turned around to see the source of the noise. What he saw however, was nothing like he would have expected.

Underneath the table sat a creature, unlike he had ever seen before. It had a similar body to a Cucco, but not quite the same. And it had a humanoid head, but also, not quite like a Hylian, or any other race he had ever seen. It was... extremely awkward looking in Drakes opinion. However his questions about whether it was sentient or not was answered when it spoke to the three of them.

"Is it g-gone? The d-dragon, it's gone right?" It seemed to be shaking immensely, as if it was afraid. It backed up a little bit as Drake began to stare at it. "A-arg... Argorok, he's gone? He flew away, right?" Drake didn't know exactly how to respond. What dragon? Was that the large flapping sounds he heard earlier? Confused, he looked back at the Zora and Hylian, as if asking them what to do.
  5. Devil-Steel

With all the commotion coming from outside of the room Hanno would pull his spear from the harness on his back after Drake had magically summoned his sword. He would lower himself as he prepared to lunge if it the need arose. When the Hylian stumbled it Hanno let out a sigh of relief. Though the waves of relief wouldn't have a chance to wash over him as a loud squawk nearly gave him a heart attack. Crouching down to look underneath the table his eyes would come to rest on a strange looking.....bird, it was a bird right? He has seen his fair share of strange looking fish growing up in the Eastern Sea, but never in his time on dry land had he ever laid his eyes upon something such as this.

Then he heard the word that he was sure would seal his fate. "D..did you just say.." Hanno would trail off as he gulped. He did't even want to say the word. There was no way that he had ended up somewhere with a dragon problem. It just wasn't possible. His luck wasn't that bad! At least that's what he wanted to think, but the scar on his left hand all but proved other wise. Oh what he wouldn't give to be anywhere with Wiki right now! He could at least survive being around her! Well he could survive so long as Spaghet was around.
  6. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Yeah, it did. Dragon's out there. Somewhere," Callad replied to the Zora, as the door closed behind him, shutting out the biting wind. "Breathed fire on me, if you can believe it." He shook himself out, shivering. "Well, I'm sure I'd like to know how the hell we're going to get down from this frigid place, but for the moment, I think that dragon's got us penned up here. Only way to make sure our escape is assured is by killing that thing."

"I'm Callad, a wandering knight from the castle town. Who are you two?"
  7. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Drake was still having a hard time believing that a race still lived up here, let alone there being other people from below already here before him. Or rather in Callad's case, as he introduced himself, right after him. If there really was a dragon outside, it was definitely a good idea to kill it. Granted, some dragons we're nice, like Valoo, but he knew full well that a furious dragon was something to behold. This was not going to be easy, but there was no way he was going to pass this up. Granted, his fellow Rito might object to killing any dragons, but this little... chicken.. thing, was scared stiff. He was gonna help it, if nothing else for the fact that he had never seen anything like it before.

He nodded his head at Callad, introducing himself. "My name is Drake, swordsman from Dragon Roost." He stifled a chuckle, calling himself a swordsman. He didn't even carry sheath for his sword, and summoned it through magic. He even duplicated his axes through magic. If anything, he was more of a sword-mage, if that was even an appropriate term for what he was. Drake leaned on his sword, like one would a cane. He wasn't worried about damaging it, that was almost impossible, at least, he had never done it before.

"I agree, this dragon... Argorok, I believe it was said to be named, can not be allowed to live. While it does make escape difficult, especially for you two, these things are in danger." The Oocca underneath the table just smiled nervously, and stared at the strangers, not sure what to make of them.

OOC (open)
    Hey guys, super sorry for the wait. Life has been extremely hectic right now.
  8. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"Indeed." Callad took notice of the chicken person hiding beneath the table. It was puzzling to look upon, but he could see the fear in its eyes. He bent down on a knee to address it. "Don't fret, little fellow. We'll solve this dragon problem in no time." He crossed his right arm over his heart. "On my honor, as a knight of Hyrule."

"I d-do hope so, t-traveler, though I w-wish we didn't have t-to place this burden on you th-three."
  9. Devil-Steel

Hanno would follow the Ritos example and introduce himself as well. "I'm Hanno Arabo, a combat trained medic from the eastern sea." While he had been trained to fight at home, his healing magic was self taught. Regardless of his training the Zora wasn't very keen on going up against a dragon in a fight. He might have considered it if he was able to fly or if it was a sea dragon, but being stuck on a floating platform in the middle of a storm with no way to attack at range was not his idea of a good time. "As far as killing a dragon is concerned. I'd love to help, but I don't really have any means of fighting against something like that." Hanno wasn't the type that would put on a good face and offer to help in a situation he didn't truly feel he would be helpful in.
  10. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

"I have a bow, though I can't say it's got a long range. One of you would have to use it. Old wound keeps me from raising my right arm above a certain height. I have bombs, and a sword for close range," Callad said. "Oh, and a bit of healing magic myself. Problem is, the injuries don't go away. I just suffer them instead. A bit of magic a fairy taught me." He shivered. Even without the biting wind, creeping cold gnawed at his limbs.