Characters

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Double_r111, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Just wandering, do you prefer to have a lot of characters, or just one or two you can keep track of easily. I for one am a believer in many characters, as I love making them, and playing out there stories, in fact if I had one big problem with RPing it's that I can't have enough characters to experience everything.
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As anyone could tell, I am a great lover of many characters.

I think it stems from my overactive imagination and years of Dungeon Mastering.

Also, I soon found that having one character use every idea I get makes convoluted and mary-sue character.
  3. Chad

Chad New Member new

Years ago when I got into roleplaying, I enjoyed making many characters. That was my favorite part, and I even made characters for some other people. That wound up being a bit controversial, though. However, I found that when I had a lot of characters, the level of development was low.

I suppose if you can pull it off and come up with great development for several characters, then that's awesome. otherwise you may have to go one way or the other. currently I'm not planning on having many characters.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

It really depends on my mood and how into the role-play I am.

Obviously, I was at one point very into having a ton of different characters each doing there own thing (and I believe I still have the second-highest number of characters on HC).

Now, in and certain times in the past, however, I prefer just having either one or just a couple. Doing it this way allows greater focus and development, while also not demanding so much time. So, if I do end up becoming an active role-player on HC any time soon, it will likely just be with one or two of the characters from my roster, with the remaining few making mostly guest appearances.
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

It depends on the roleplay and how many ideas I have. If I have a bunch of cool/interesting ideas, I'll have a bunch of characters. If I only have a few interesting ideas, I won't have a bunch of characters. Sometimes I'll just limit myself, if somewhat until I RP as my current characters more, but to answer the question overall I prefer more characters over a couple.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

In agreement with Chad. Quantity versus quality and such. I think it's okay to not use every idea you have for the sake of perfecting an idea/roleplay. The downside, though, is that if you only have one or two characters, you might not be able to roleplay as frequently as you'd like. (Some characters take longer to find RP for as well due to their natures, I guess)