Characters and Tarot Cards

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by BirdMasterWren, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BirdMasterWren

BirdMasterWren Member new

While I would like to say this idea is 100% mine, it's not. It was a culmination of reading Tarot books and talking to people on HC. (Chi in particular.)

Basically, the idea is that you base a character around a particular Tarot card or maybe a few tarot cards. You study the card and use it's traits, good and bad, to establish who the character is.

Shuffle the deck a few times and draw a card. Simple. If you don't have a tarot deck and want to try, there are plenty of tarot card programs floating around the internet (which is what I use, free and it works).

So, here goes....I will also post what tarot card in the character threads I make, since I want to try this a few times and see how it works. Maybe do some readings for the characters too. ;)

Thoughts?
  2. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Can you draw a card for me? I like the idea...
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I didn't see this until now, but it sounds quite interesting and I am actually looking to make a new character :O

This sounds like a fine idea
  4. BirdMasterWren

*Just remembers this thread exists.* :tpr:

Okay, Eternis. Card for you or for a character? :P

Also, I have my first character designed with a tarot card. But I need answers on mounts before I can finish him. :P But it's actually pretty useful. If there's enough interest, I can post a link to the program I use.
  5. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Card for me to make a new character, and a link to the program, please.
    This looks really cool.
  6. BirdMasterWren