Character Parties

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Idarian, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

In the Character Creation thread, it says a player can have as many characters as he/she wants. My question is, can these characters cooperate and travel together in a similar manner to Hylian Shield's old companion characters, or for the sake of fairness in avoiding certain situations am I required to have each character act on his own?
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    They can party up, but I can't for the life of me remember the limit, lol.
  3. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

You would have to RP each seperately though, if I understand it correctly.
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Your characters may roleplay with each other, yes. However, their reward becomes limited, due to balance issues. The rule is as follows:

"The rewards of a quest are determined using a scale of rupees. By default, every quest has the same reward: 40 rupees for every player involved, and 10 rupees for every character involved. A single player's rupee reward caps at 80, and a group of any size has a cap of 200 rupees attainable."

Essentially, what happens is your first character will receive a total of 50 rupees for the quest by himself. If a second of yours joins, this rupee reward, in total, is increased to 80 rupees between the two characters. Finally, a third character would mean no increase in the rupee reward, etc. etc.
  5. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Its actually:

40 per Player
    10 per Character

So you can have a party of four of your own characters before it hits the max limit of 80 rupees (which have to be divided between the party of four characters (on average it would be 20 each, but its your choice how you split the 80 rupees).

You can have more then 4 characters in the party, but the limit is stil 80.
  6. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Thanks for the catch. Apparently I wasn't paying attention :sarcasm: