Cartography

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Fcgfyv, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Profession

It gains normal rupees like other professions, but it's effect is that, similar to the Picori's ability, it is possible to find common-tier items in otherwise-unlikely places (similar to how the dungeon map + compass allows you to find chests with items in a dungeon).
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

A standard profession that gives its workers the Picori's "Lost & Found" racial ability from the get-go. I'm down with that. Is that all you want on it? I'd be open to discussion on adding an "Archmage's Pathfinder"-ish ability somewhere down the level-line. If that's all you want, though, you have my vote.
  3. Fcgfyv

I never noticed that treasure before... Would it be possible to have a variation on that which allows the user to make a map of what is in the room/within 15 feet of the user (if not in a room)?
  4. Quill

It's perfectly possible for a profession to have unique abilities. However, what you're describing sounds like something that a map-maker would be able to do anyway. Are you talking about a magical ability that instantly creates a map of the room, or are you talking about a cartographer's normal map-making ability? If it's the latter, you wouldn't need a treasure to do it, methinks.
  5. Fcgfyv

The latter, as the effect would not be as effective as the treasure (range), and the map does not draw itself, but allows the drawer to map it out in five minutes.
  6. Quill

Yeah, a cartographer should be able to do that on his own, lol.

A standard map-making profession that gives its users the Picori Lost & Found Ability from level 1. [1/2]

That means you have my vote. You need one more vote before this is passed. c:
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Admittedly this doesn't feel like it has much to warrant it. But there's nothing wrong with it, either, so unless you think of something to add to it, I'll add my tentative approval. [2/2]
  8. Quill

Are you fine with that, Slink? If so, we'll add it to the Library, you can buy it for your character, and the thread will be locked.
  9. Fcgfyv

I'm fine with that. :)