Camo Weave

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Camo Weave
    P/W/C Type: Courage
    Description of Function: This material, when used by a crafter with a level in the sufficient crafting type, produces cloth that always blends into the background. Illusion-dispelling treasures have no effect.
    Limitation: Can be seen through, does not transfer the effect to the wearer.
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I don't exactly see much of a point to it, but there isn't exactly anything wrong with it that I can think of. [1/2]
  3. Quill

Not seeing a point in a treasure is a problem that needs to be brought up. I think it could be useful for the sneaky kind of character, especially in dark areas or when people aren't necessarily looking for them. I'll be honest- I was envisioning something like the Elven Cloaks from LotR, except less powerful. What do you think?
  4. Fcgfyv

Well, basically this useful for weaving mostly-invisible things. You said that it can be seen through and does not transfer the effect to the wearer, meaning that it does not make the wearer any less visible than they already are.
  5. Quill

That's my fault- I wasn't clear enough in my description. I should have been more specific. How's this:

This material produces cloth that always seems printed with an exact replica of whatever is behind it. Anyone who stares at it can tell that the image is made of cloth, but someone simply passing by would probably not notice the difference. While the material does not transfer its camouflaging properties to its wearer, it can be used to obscure him from sight. If, for example, the wearer pulls a cloak over himself like a child would a blanket, he would seem to be removed from the scenery.

How's that?
  6. Fcgfyv

That sounds better, and more worthy of receiving my vote. :haa:
  7. Quill

*bows* Thank you, O Mighty One XD