Business deku Beef up.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Tsubori, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

The issue I'm having is that it seems like the business treasure has no real point. With my two characters with professions who're having all money put into them, the business deku has no actual advantage, despite being a sub-race designed to be awesome with professions. To prove my point, I'll show you what the difference is between a business deku and a HCT civilian with rupee riches. (who also gets the extra wisdom rupees, mind you, but whole other point)

CREATION - DEKU (50 + 30) = 20 remaining.
    HCT (50+20+30) = 50 remaining. Both at level 3

RP 1 - DEKU (+50-40) 30 remaining. (Note: Not enough for next level anyway)
    HCT (+50-40) 60 remaining. Level 4

RP 2 - Deku (+50 -50) 30 remaining
    HCT (+50 - 50) 60 remaining. Level 5

RP 3 - Deku (+50 -60) 20 remaining
    HCT (+50 - 60) 50 remaining. level 6

RP 4 - Deku (+50 -70) 10 remaining
    HCT (+50 - 70) 40 remaining Level 7

RP 5 - Deku (+50) 60 remaining (Can't afford new level, is still at 7)
    HCT (+50 - 80) 10 remaining. Level 8

RP 6 - Deku (+50 -80) 30 remaining. Level 8
    HCT (+50) 70 remaining (Can't afford new level, is still at 8)

RP 7 - Deku (+50) 80 remaining (Can't afford new level, is still at 8)
    HCT (+50 - 90) 30 remaining: Level 9

You get it at this point. The HCT person gets to level 10 earlier despite the whole point of Business dekus being their proficiency with professions. Another thing is that this is one of two races opened up to regulars, so at least make sure it's got a desire to be played by beefing up it's abilities a bit.

My personal suggestion would be to wave the 50 rupee start up fee for Business. That would allow the player to jump ahead a bit more, or spread throughout a few professions for a good startup. Either way, leaving Business like this makes Business scrubs somewhat pointless to play if you want a profession character.

Well, that's my two cents, Iunno if anyone agrees with me.
  2. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I have to agree with Tsu here, the narrow uses for the business ability and the higher status to become a business deku should result in better progress, especially because HCT civilians can also get some wisdom treasures.

However, this brings up another discrepancy, that between Gerudo dragon and Goron punch. The latter is merely a strong punch with a momentary flame. The former is more powerful as it can be made almost identical to a Goron punch if it chooses flames as it's special effect, as in this case can also be used from a weapon as well and have an extended flame effect with about the same strength amplification. Or if the Gerudo so chooses an explosive effect can make the attack many times stronger than if a standard Goron punch was used, while arguably keeping the momentary flame.

In truth, I just thought there were supposed to be certain discrepancies between races, kinda as a way to make the differences between them known and force people to play the races the way they're supposed to be.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    The Business Scrub, and a few of the other races, are in need of a redux, as you both have pointed out. Seeing as Guy hasn't been active for awhile now, and I haven't seen Toko either, I'll probably handle this myself. The changes will likely be implemented at the same time as the Yeti and Mogma races are added.
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Seeing as Hylians, and some other races can essentially start with 50 extra rupees (assuming Rupee Riches, or a certain PWC of 5), I see no problem with this.