British English proofreaders wanted

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by Blonde Panther, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    As most of you may know, I have the lifelong ambition of one day getting a novel published. Not this year, but last year, during NaNoWriMo, I wrote the first draft (now detailed outline) of the novel that I intend to revise into a remotely publishable thing. There's a punchline though.

I hate my native language for creative purposes, and as such, I'm writing this in English. British English. Obviously this isn't my native tongue, and while I like to think I have a fairly good intuitive grasp on the grammar, I AM handicapped in it and I want my English to be as perfect as it can be. Leave a good impression, you know?

For this reason, I'd like one or two people who (properly) speak British English as their mother tongue, who can proofread my grammar, spelling, and choice of words throughout the novel. I should, however, warn you that this is NOT like proofreading a fic. I will be doing my own pre-emptive editing, but this will be a lot of work- the first chapter alone is well over 5000 words long.

To those interested, here is the synopsis of the novel, as well as a sample of my writing. Please PM me if you want to help me.