Bouncing Arrow

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Squishy, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Name: Bouncing Arrow

Fields: Projectile, (Enchantment?)

P/W/C Type: Courage

Appearance: Surprise, it's an arrow

Description of Function: Basically this treasure is a special kind of arrow that whenever fired and hitting something solid (like a wall), will bounce back at a 90 degree angle.

Limitations: Can only bounce two times (or just once)?

Not sure whether this should be special ammunition or just some kind of enchantment, the latter seems to fit in more with the other projectile treasures?
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I think having it be some kind of special ammunition would be more neat (and would make a little more sense if it's Courage-based and not Wisdom-based).

I'm a little confused about the 90 degree angle bit. That's basically a sharp right turn, or a sharp left turn, right? What would happen if you shot it straight at a wall? Would it bounce and abruptly head along a course parallel to the wall? That's fine if it's what you meant, but that seems kind of bizarre, which makes me think you might have meant something else.

Did you mean that, like light, it would bounce off the wall at an angle equal to the angle at which it hit the wall? So if it hits at a wide angle, it bounces off at a wide angle; or if it hits straight into the wall, it will bounce right back in the direction it came?
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

You can tell I suck at maths

Yeah what you said is what I meant :tpr: I completely forgot how to describe it. But bouncing off at the angle at which it hits the wall should be the right one.

So if it's ammunition, would the treasure be a one-off purchase and the character will always have the arrows (or whenever they want), or do they have to buy seperate arrows or a small bunch? (Personally I'd like a supply or one-off purchase best, but I'm not sure what would work)
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I agree, a Supply would work better.

Poof: Bouncing Arrows

Let me know if anything about it should be adjusted.