Blitz

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

(Ignore until the Dark Affinity Changes are worked out)

Name: Dark blitz

P/W/C Type: Power

Appearance: The user dropping their shoulder and charging forward, surrounded by a dark aura. Dark fire trails behind them, but it has no effect and quickly dissipates.

Description of Function: Upon bursting forward, shoulder lowered, a dark aura envelops the user, making them dash at a high speed. They travel about 4 meters, not able to stop unless the object hit cannot be moved. Upon contact, the force delivered is about double that of a normal tackle, able to usually bring even the hardiest foes to a stagger.

Limitations: No activation time, but requires thirty seconds between uses. Also, the user is unable to abort the move partway through. Requires Dark Affinity.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Re: Dark Blitz

I don't really see why this requires Dark Affinity. Again, [Dark] is magic derived by sacrificing a portion of the user's humanity. This looks more like a treasure with some dark-like aesthetics and the DA prereq tagged on. I mean, a super-charged tackle isn't a bad idea, but this doesn't really fit into DA.
  3. Tsubori

As I put in the DA changes thread, physical abilities with DA are more about succumbing to aggression.
  4. Quill

You may have said that, but that doesn't make it right.  :U

Dark Affinity was opened up to all treasures because magic isn't bound to the Wisdom virtue, not because of something about aggression.  Remember that if someone has DA, they can give a treasure a 'dark twist,' which would fit the aesthetics you're looking for. Beyond that, however, this doesn't fit under Dark Magic. Dark Magic has repercussions, by definition a real cost for owning it. If you wanted to rewrite this to have the caster succumb to his aggression, thereby heightening his attack power with the cost of being greatly unable to control his anger in normal life or w/e, that'd be different, but as this stands, it doesn't fit. Sorry.
  5. Tsubori

Then can we add that? Pretty much just "Use makes the user more aggressive and animalistic, along with the light weakness from all other Dark abilities."
  6. Quill

This treasure is a good idea. It may be the only tackle treasure we have, and for that, I like it. I don't think locking it into DA is a good idea, though.

Also, even though the drawback is a good one, the effect of the treasure doesn't really need to be Dark to work. This would probably fit better as a Standard treasure that can be darked-up by someone with DA. We don't need/want people throwing on the [Dark] tag to every treasure; not only would doing so weaken its quality, but also because it shunts off perfectly good public treasures into a category that they don't really fit in.
  7. Tsubori

Hm... I guess your right. What would constitute better as a Dark Physical ability then? I want there to be at least something for DA people to buy if they're in it for P or C.
  8. Quill

It's good that you want to make DA treasures for the other virtues, and that's not a bad question. So, here goes.

Magic can be defined very vaguely as anything unnatural, and virtually anything can therefore fall under DA. However, the magic in question should still be Dark. The problem with this isn't that it's Power based, it's that its effect doesn't seem to fit right under DA. So it's perfectly possible for someone to make a P or C based dark treasure, as long as it fits under DA. It'll be harder to think up, but it's possible. This is just a super-charged tackle; apart from the dark fire trailing from it, it's not Dark. If, say, you proposed a treasure that would make the user's weapon viciously poison its next victim, that might work. However, this should be graded as a standard treasure, with all the dark aesthetics edited out. If someone with DA wanted to add them, they easily could.

So, the next step is to post this treasure's updated fields. We'll work from there.
  9. Tsubori

Name: Burst blitz

P/W/C Type: Power

Appearance: The user dropping their shoulder and charging forward.

Description of Function: Upon bursting forward, shoulder lowered, the user dashes at a high speed. They travel about 4 meters, not able to stop unless the object hit cannot be moved. Upon contact, the force delivered is about double that of a normal tackle, able to usually bring even the hardiest foes to a stagger.

Limitations: No activation time, but requires thirty seconds between uses. Also, the user is unable to abort the move partway through.

Do we want to add any effect or anything?
  10. Quill

Nah, seems fine to me. [1/2]
  11. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I'm 2/2 for this concept. For library purposes, though, do you think we could just change this treasure's name to "Blitz"? Seems simpler while still fitting.
  12. Quill

`Blitz
    Original: Tsubori, Technique - Offense
    [Empowerment]

P5: 25 rupees
    P4: 35 rupees
    P3: 50 rupees
    P2: 65 rupees
    P1: 80 rupees

The user may burst forward at twice his normal speed for about 4 meters, unable to stop unless he hits something immovable by the exerted force. Just as its speed is doubled, so too is the force delivered by the tackle doubled from that of the user's normal attack. This move can only be executed about once every half minute.
  13. Tsubori

Seems legit.