Benevolent Grounds [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Benevolent Grounds

P/W/C Type: W

Appearance: A shining light covers the floor for a distance of about (No idea).

Description of Function: After a five second casting, a massive burst of light covers the ground. Those within the light are unable to bring themselves to harm others, physically or magically. Additionally, those who have Dark Affinity are slowly hurt spiritually.

Limitations: Can only be used once a day, takes a five second charge time.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Benevolent grounds.

I like this idea. When you say I can't hurt you, though, does that mean something weird in my brain stops me from being able to make the movement, you're invincible, or I simply lose the desire to harm you?

For example, could I use this on a building full of criminals and go handcuff them all?
  3. Tsubori

I'd say the first one. No matter how much you want to lop off someone's head, you can't make the motion. And using it on a building of criminals is a very good use, yes.
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Deal, then. For area, I would probably propose something relatively large and fairly vague, like a clearing in a forest or a larger home. For time, since this is a once-per-day type of thing and acts just as an ongoing effect that might not even directly interfere, I'd say this could last up to an hour.

One final thought. I think it could be neat to allow this to be cast and maintained up to a certain range (maybe twenty meters from the border) without necessarily being in it, but also the user might have the option to locate the spell on their person, letting it surround them and move with them. Thoughts?

For the sake of expediency, though, this has my [1/2]
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Benevolent grounds. [1/2]

What would this do to spellwork used in or around it? Like, say if someone tried to use a Dark Affinity spell that passed into its field of effect?
  6. Tsubori

Sure, I could see the spell being carried with the user. And for a spell coming in, I suppose it'd be unfair to say it's nullified. It would probably be severely weakened though.
  7. Rising Dragon

Hmm, alright then. Before I give approval, please give your thoughts to Rib's previous question in the meantime
  8. Tsubori

I said that was a fine idea. Sorry if I wasn't very clear.
  9. Rising Dragon

Right, didn't see that. [2/2]
  10. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Re: Benevolent grounds. [2/2]

I gotta say, I'm very impressed with this treasure. Great job, Tsu.

11. Tsubori