Battle among the books (Tsu/UD)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Tsubori, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Kasumi jumped as Scyllis was shot, but she stood strong when the criminal came out from hiding. “Yeah, as if I’m giving it to you crazy bastards.” She drew her rapier and struck a defensive stance. She pulled her companion behind her, and looked the man in the eye.

“Wh-what? Kasumi Gallota?” He looked at the actress flabbergasted. “You’re the one who’s here? Shit...”

She glared back at him. “What’s it to you? I may be an actress, but ask your buddy with his alone time arm broken what I can do.”

“W-wait... I’m a huge fan...” He seemed to be nervous now, and his seed shooter became unsteady. “Please give the mask to us and I’ll let you go...”

Kasumi shook her head. “Not happening. Even if you’re a fan, I’m not giving it up.”

He glanced around nervously. “I-I didn’t see you... Fuck it, I wasn’t going to get the mask anyway, I’m not getting paid enough to ice a star like you...”

“That’s fairly noble of you. Thank you... Scylly, let’s go.”
  2. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Scyllis gripped her shoulder, lighting up her hand with a faint glow. She didn't really know why, but it seemed like it worked slower for her than for Kasumi... hm? She caught the words that dropped from the thug's mouth. What? Just like that...?

"Uh, um..." she looked cautiously over at the man, then at Kasumi. This was really odd... And, did Kasumi's name carry that much weight? She seemed to vaguely remember that name from somewhere, but...

She never took her hands off her wound, or let the apparent robber out of her peripheral vision. This seemed really convenient... "Um, is this really...?"
  3. Tsubori

Kasumi smirked at Scyllis’ reaction. “Apparently. I’m a pretty famous actress.” She walk until they were both around a corner, heading for the exit. “Maybe he knows that if I turn up dead, a more major investigation will be launched.” She pulled out her comm-shell to contact Liraz. “Liraz, you there?”

After a few seconds, a slightly tired voice called back. “Yes, darling, what’s happening?”

Darling. Cute. “Well, get in touch with the guards. Or at least Thria. There’s a break-in at the library, and the people are armed and dangerous. I’ve already gotten shot a couple times.”

“...Well shit... I’ll get them over there. Sit tight, Kasi.”

“Thank ya’ kindly Liraz.” She smiled, putting the comm-shell away. “I give it ten minutes tops.”
  4. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Er..." Scyllis blinked, stunned. It would be nice if things could be settled so efficiently, yet... it all seemed so strange. Not that the situation as a whole wasn't strange, but...

At least Kasumi seemed to know what she was doing, though. She blinked another few times. All the excitement was tiring her. It began to dawn on her that she had come out here, on a whim, without being fully rested. It was, perhaps, not her brightest idea. She hoped this would be over soon...

"I-I guess it's over?"
  5. Tsubori

Kasumi nodded to Scyllis, leaning against a wall. “Should be. I mean... The guards are on their way here, so any time they waste with us would only be sealing them into prison.”

“Excuse me, I’m going to no such place...” Kasumi turned and saw a zora, but this one looked strange. He had a Trilby style hat and wore a longcoat. His skin was much more akin to grey, and instead of normal fins on his head-tail, they were much more jagged, similar to that of a shark. Even his arm fins were jagged, the tips being slightly black in colour. He had an air of authority, showing he was clearly in charge of the operation.

He reached into his cloak, lashing out a hand and throwing something into Kasumi. Pain exploded through her torso as she looked down and saw a bladed throwing card sticking out from between her ribs. An ace of spaces... So the guy had humor... Kasumi fell onto her back, taking the card out and clutching the spot in pain. She looked up the hall and saw something surprising. The body of the thug who’d let them go. He was clearly dead, several holes in him, likely from these cards. What a ruthless guy... “Sorry, but I’ve got to kill you both now, then just use my trusty skills to leave these worthless lackies behind to take the fall.” He reached into his coat, pulling out three more cards.
  6. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Uh..." Scyllis had clapped her hands over her mouth at the strange man's appearance, and at the poor man's fate. He had not deserved that... But she had no time to worry about him. The person in a duster drew out more of those unusual weapons. She had no idea how he even threw those things but it was clear he wasn't going to just let people waltz out, and she couldn't exactly ask him. She knelt and laid a hand on the injury Kasumi had incurred. She could see he wasn't pleased, so she laid her other hand on a fallen book as discreetly as she could.

One of those strange card-like things flew, and Scyllis brought up the book to protect her chest. There was a loud thukk noise as it penetrated the cover, and the Zora winced. She would feel guilty about damaging it later. "D-don't bother me..." she said, and tried spitting a fireball. It was hard, with her magic drained and already being used to heal Kasumi, but she managed a tiny spark the size of a man's finger. With an almost lazy movement, the man sidestepped. Scyllis shivered a bit. She knew she was running low on magic. She knew that staying near Kasumi made her very vulnerable, though it made her a smaller target. And she knew that if she left Kasumi would probably be the first target.
  7. Tsubori

The zora help up three cards, smirking. “I suppose now’s the best time to introduce myself... I’m the Death Dealer. Now... I’ll make a little bet with you two... I’ll end your lives with one hand...”

Kasumi, being a bit more healed now, stood up shakingly. “I’ll take that bet...” She separated herself from Scyllis. Didn’t want her getting hurt... “Now... Hit me, Death Dealer!” One card came first, immediately followed by two more. Kasumi threw her aquarang, picking the last two off, and she managed to divert the other card with her electric aura to only a mere shoulder shot. She smirked, catching her aquarang and throwing it again at the man.

The Death Dealer merely threw another card, knocking it off course, then raised one hand. “Oh, what a shame~ You activated my trap card~” He then snapped, triggering an explosion in Kasumi’s shoulder, throwing her to the left onto her side.

He had another card in his hand to throw, but heard the door get kicked in by the guards. “Ah... Oh well, I don’t usually like murdering women anyway.” With bow to Kasumi and Scyllis, he warped away in green wind. Try as hard as she may, Kasumi found something very strange... She couldn’t remember what he looked like...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.