Bardic Twill

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Bardic Twill

P/W/C Type: None - Magical cloth material

Appearance: Colorful and easily decorated woven fabric

Description of Function: Material for making clothing that helps the wearer stay in tune and on tempo when singing or playing a musical instrument. The extra assistance makes music activated magic slightly faster to cast, longer in duration, and stronger in effect.

Limitations: Requires one bolt of cloth per shirt or pants, two bolts of cloth for robes.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

My initial wonderings about this are how one fabric will interact with another. Could I have a sleeve of Bardic Twill, a hood of Desecrated Fabric, and- well, you get the picture. Also, are these [material] treasures?
  3. Spirit Adept

Yep, these are all material treasures (I probably should have added something about that, I'll go do that). I would say you'd need an actual full piece of clothing that covers a significant part of your body for it to have any significant effect. A shirt, a pair of pants, robes, capes, something like that. Socks of Bardic Twill won't do anything for you.

I just realized I should probably make a difference for mundane cloth and magical cloth. Magical cloth only works if its on the outside of your attire, so layering up with three different shirts won't help beyond the first outermost layer. Mundane cloth (which is what I'd imagine skulltula silk would be) isn't affected by where it's at, it'll still stop you from getting cut whether it's on the outside of under all your clothes. Magical clothing is also most effective when it's covering your whole body. You could have a shirt of Bardic Twill and Fire Weave pants, but each portion would only be half as effective. Someone with a Tailor profession could whip up something that could combine multiple fabrics into one thing with no loss in effectiveness, just like blacksmiths can do with multiple metals in a single weapon or piece of armor.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sounds good, I guess. It doesn't really enable the wearer to do anything previously impossible via normal role-play, but I don't know if that's a bad thing. Thoughts?

`Bardic Twill
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Material], [Magical], [Music], [Single-Use]

20 Rupees

This colorful, easily decorated woven fabric can be used in crafting by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level of the Crafting treasure. Its magic helps the wearer stay in tune and on tempo when singing or playing a musical instrument. Musical spells are also affected: the duration and strength of their effects are increased, and if the wearer so wishes, their effects may be activated earlier in the song.
  5. Spirit Adept

Looks fine to me, I don't have any complaints.
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I personally don't see this being terribly useful in the long run, but I suppose it passes. [1/2]
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Mmm. Not sure on the pricing of something like this, but I suppose the vague increase of speed and potency could be taken pretty much however the author wants it to.

This is approved. May revisit the price later.