Ball and Chain

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Darth_Slaverus, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Darth_Slaverus

Darth_Slaverus Member vet

Name: Ball and Chain, Canon.

P/W/C: Power

Appearance: A big metal ball, possibly adorned with spikes, attached to a lengthy metal chain.

Function: Smashes both people and objects. Works just like the TP item, really.

Limitations: Very unwieldy, can be difficult to use in close combat without harming oneself.

I'm not even sure if this would fall under treasures or if it would be covered by mundane equipment, but since Crossbows are treasures, the Ball and Chain is a TP item, and considering the generally exotic nature of the weapon, I've decided to submit it. I think it would probably be on the cheaper end.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I suppose that the real issue here is "should canon automatically equal magic-tier." I agree with you, in that according to the current precedent set by the Library, this is a perfectly acceptable treasure. However, I've been wondering whether the Crossbow itself should really be a treasure. Bows aren't treasures, and neither are swords or (really) any kind of weapon. Even Crossbow's description is a "...ya, a Crossbow."

Basically, here are my thoughts.

1) If the others think that "canon = treasure," this is ready for [1/2] ing
    2) If not, this and Crossbow should be mundanified.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I vote for them being mundanified. They are not really magical or special in any way.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Done. This'll be moved to the Unaccepted Subforum, the Crossbow's entry deleted, and any prerequisites involving the Crossbow change to "a ranged weapon."

Before anyone asks, no refunds :tpr: