ATTN: Everyone who's updating their URLS

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Blonde Panther, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I've been hearing from at least three people that they have trouble fixing the URLs that have changed after the switch to Xenforo. All of them have made the same mistake, so for everyone's sake, let me say this:

When you go to post or to edit a post, you signature, or anything of the like, you are automatically in the Rich Text Editor. The Rich Text Editor doesn't SHOW your BBcode, but applies its effects right away. You can put an url tag in there, but that one will just conflict with the old tag. I'm no coder, but I think that in case of conflict it throws out the new url you just put in.

In the toolbar of the Rich Text Editor, however, in the top right, there is an icon that resembles a wrench over a sheet of paper. If you click that, the posting field will switch to the BBCode Editor that we used in the old software. In the BBCode editor, you can see all your tags and their URLs. If you're going to update your URLs, replace the old ones with the new ones in the BBCode editor.

If you feel this is a hassle, there is a way to make the BBCode editor your default editor. If you pull up your Preferences (not Alert Preferences) from the menu in the top right of the page (Hover over your username and you'll find it), there is a header 'Options' under which the third checkbox says 'Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages.' You can uncheck this box to use the BBCode editor instead.

I hope this solves any problems anyone may have regarding updating their profile links or RP thread links!
    UnnamedDude, Bitoko and Ribitta like this.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Good advice. Thanks BP!