Argorok Kick

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

(Tsu was getting tired -3-)

Name: Argorok kick

P/W/C Type: Power

Appearance: A flying jump kick that has one foot bent underneath the body, which is pretty much horizontal as the user flies through the air at an ungodly velocity. Shouts are optional.

Description of Function: Upon landing this flying jump kick on the enemy, they’re tossed back about 25 feet, depending on the size of the enemy. The user then falls to the ground stunned for about two seconds.

Limitations: Deals a lot of physical strain to the body. Stuns the user for two seconds. Requires 3 Power to use.

(Requires absurd nerfing. The basic idea is a flying jump kick with massive knockback)
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Errr, so my initial thoughts on this is probably going to be on the 'no' end. I'm open to other staff input or different ways to put this from you, Tsu, but the idea of a "flying jump kick" as a treasure doesn't really strike me as something that belongs in Zelda and consequently our Library. I wouldn't be completely opposed to an alternative style of treasure that enhanced the martial arts of the character (to which they could do a jump kick if they wanted, I guess) but this as an individual treasure doesn't really work for me.

I will, however, leave this in purgatory for the time being so other staff can voice their opinions as well as I have not gotten much a of a chance to speak with them about this yet.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I agree. This seems more like something out of Dragon-Ball Z than anything else.
  4. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Yeah, not happening.
  5. Tsubori

Something along the lines of what you said, Rib, what if it was an unarmed exclusive ability that made the next successful melee hit have the massive knockback I said about before? \that sound any more reasonable?
  6. Quill

So, almost like a Force Enchantment spell?
  7. Tsubori

Yeah, I could see that working. But do we want to make it only unarmed? I'd like to start making things work for specific fighting styles.
  8. Quill

It's good that you're thinking about making unarmed-only, but when a treasure's effects would help two things (unarmed and armed) limiting it to just one wouldn't make sense. Force Enchantment could be made at a different time if you would like to propose something just for unarmed people, but I think in either case we should probably wait for next month to deal with that. I think this particular treasure thread has run its course.

I can put Force Enchantment up in March if you'd like to concentrate on working on an unarmed-only treasure, if you want.
  9. Tsubori

Nah, I should be okay to write it up. Alright, then, lock'er up.