Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklink28, Sep 4, 2013.

1. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Does anyone here watch Anime? What's your favorite series?

For me...there's quite a few. A Certain Magical Index is something that's more on the fun side and I enjoy it quite a bit actually. Far from my favorite though. I think my favorite is Neon Genesis Evangelion, both the series and the rebuild films. For some reason it really resonated with me. Shinji's struggle for identity, Kaji's quest for the truth, Misato's struggle between self hatred and self disgust. I guess as I grow older I'm growing more out of Shinji and feel more like I identify with Kaji and Misato.

Fate/Zero is another one of my absolute favorites, and I am so glad that ufotable is creating a Fate/Stay Night adaptation.

Blood + is solid and I really enjoyed it. Code Geass is one of my favorites, and I always think of Death Note as a poor man's Code Geass.

One of my favorites, which is kind of a sleeper, is Noein. It's not well known, but it's really extraordinary. Love the sci fi aspects as well as the emotional storytelling. And the action is great.
  2. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    Everyone should watch "Say I Love You". Words cannot describe the laughter and feels I had throughout this 13 episode series. I thought it was extremely adorable. IN a way I could relate to the main character, Mei, because she has trust problems with other people and she doesn't have any friends. She gets teased a lot but the other male main character, Yamato, comes along and sees some interest with her. They eventually become a couple and she doesn't know how to react to the whole situation since shes been anti-social for her 16 years of being by herself. She starts to open up and have more friends but still shy around them when talking about her feelings for for Yamato. (btw the cutest things together because of different personalities). I don't want to continue with the plot series because I don't want to take the fun out of it (:

My other favourite series is Trinity Blood, (I remember this series coming on at the same airing date as Bleach). The main plot is about vampires trying to take over the Vatican. So there is pretty much a war between the vampires, humans, and the "New Human Empire" government. The main character, Abel Nightroad, is a Crusnik, which is a vampire who feeds off of other vampires. He works along with the Vatican because of a promise he made for Lilith after her murder. (In the series, there are 4 Crusniks, Abel, Lilith, Cain and Seth. Before Liliths Murder, Abel, Cain, and Seth were against the humans and joined the vampires in their cause, and Lilith was on the humans trying to help them. But when Cain, tried to convince Lilith that he was going to change his ways, he murdered Lilith and Abel fell into a depression and mourned for her death for 900 years in a glass in the underground tomb in Rome. Eventually he saved a young woman which lead him to wanting to protect humans like she did). It is a really deep anime and hard to understand, but it is worth watching. I recommend this to a more later audience, because when I was 11/12 when I seen this, I didn't understand most of it like I do now when I re watched it and took it in more into consideration with religion and different backgrounds and aspects.
  3. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I actually watched a few episodes of 'Say I Love You'. I need to finish it but it was really good.

I need to check out Trinity Blood. It sounds really interesting.
  4. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

My favorite anime has got to be Turn A Gundam. Unfortunately not a lot of people have seen it because it takes a while to get to the point where you can fully enjoy it. Hunter x Hunter is also very high on the list of favorite animes because of it's great characters and it's rich world.
  5. Aurelia

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    It's a really good show! It's slow to pick up in the beginning but it picks up after a few shows. It has lovely soundtracks and pretty interesting characters. Ohhh the romance between a few characters is so adorable
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

fo shiz, man, another Anime discussion thread? lol, Dark XD
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Nothing wrong with making new threads.
    darklink28 likes this.
  8. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    There's not another anime thread, and really there aren't too many active threads in the discussion portion of the board. Plus, a lot of ppl watch anime and I figured it would generate discussion. I don't RP here so I spend most my time on the discussion boards.

I've picked 'Say I Love You' up again. Just wish it wasn't so short! lol.
  9. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

There is another anime thread, but -shrug-

I've really gotten into "Attack on Titan" lately. The show's filled with action, character development, doubt, fear, and argh. So good. Something I've thought about re-watching is "Sword Art Online," mostly because it's a great blend of short and awesome.
  10. Aurelia

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I wish there was more episodes ;-; <333
    I thought about reading the manga but I'm not much of a reader these days x3

@Quill: I want to start watching Sword Art Online but haven't really got the time for it. I seen a few episodes and it looks something I could get into
  11. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I don't see another Anime thread at all. Maybe I'm blind but I just don't see one. EDIT: Okay, I see it now. It's the review thread by Will. It's different than just discussion though, and this includes manga as well. Plus it hasn't been posted in in three months. That's a long time.

Shingeki no Kyojin is awesome. I'm worried they are catching up to the manga too quickly though and will have to take a year off or something because of it.

Sword Art Online is also very, very good. I really enjoyed it. And I love that Yuki Kajiura does the score for it, as she did a great job in Xenosaga and Fate/Zero.

Finished "Say I Love You." What a beautiful series.
  12. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

I never got why people liked Sword Art Online. The first part to me was meh at best. I never really understood the love for Yui. Just came off as weird for me. The second part had a horrible romance that didn't really make sense.
    Show Spoiler
    Figure out your brother is actually your cousin when he's in a coma. SUDDENLY I HAVE ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR HIM.
  13. Aurelia

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I also enjoyed Popotan, it was a really cute story but a bit sad at some points. There is quite a few pits of nudity (it's not like a person hasn't seen a boob before) ad the hilarity of the girls and their pet ferret is quite cute. If I remember correctly, they are on a search for someone in different timelines and come across people who need "help" or "guidance". It's a cute show, I like it, but I haven't seem it in years. So I barely remember it ^__^'