An Uneventful Journey's Beginning? (Open)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Gizmo95, May 1, 2016.

1. Gizmo95

Gizmo95 That one nice but occasionally creepy guy. new

Nicholas was enthralled by Erick's account of his, Datura's, and Yuku's victorious fight against a giant Octorok. Nicholas wasn't disappointed by Erick's reaction to his second question either. His admittance to never having a girlfriend was one Nicholas could almost relate to as it brought up his memory of a girl back home. One who he wasn't sure where they stood anymore. He tried to dispel the thought quickly and his grin grew larger as Erick quickly chose Datura and practically begged for his silence when she would return. "Interesting choice." He teasingly said. "I prefer the redhead barmaid myself. Though, I did have a girlfriend once. Technically." He quickly added at the end as an afterthought. "Though it was more like childhood friend and puppy love kind of thing, you know?" Before the conversation could continue the air was split with Datura's voice and followed by a heavy silence with slight mutterings by a few groups. Nicholas's eyes followed Erick's as he saw what was going on. Before he could get a single word to Erick about what they should do, he was off. 'Great, don't do anything stupid Erick.' Nicholas thought to himself as he got up himself leaving his pack and bow at the table, not immediately going in but ready to move to Erick's side if need be. He was glad to see Erick attempt a civil plan of action instead of immediately resorting to violence like he feared a moment before. However his fears weren't unfounded when a man in a mask suddenly stole the show with a sucker punch. 'More like sucker elbow' Nicholas instinctively thought in the back of his head. Inevitability a brawl ensued but the young man, his youth was clear as day without the mask, was quickly outnumbered as the Wolf seemed to have a friend who had remained silent during the initial altercation. It quickly turned dangerous for the man when he was being double teamed. Nicholas quickly made his way through the crowd muttering "Excuse me!" and "Sorry!" as he shoved past the growing crowd circling the fight. He eventually ended up behind the large man just as the young knight was thrown to the ground in front of him. Nicholas saw the foot raise and his eyes widened as he realized the young knight was about to be crushed. How ever the young knight managed to stop the foot from crushing his chest and even managed to stumble the large man back. 'Right towards me!' Nicholas realized as the large man stumbled towards him. Nicholas knew he wasn't very strong but he was quick and knew how to take a beating at least. So opting for the former of these two traits he side stepped around the man and stuck out his leg behind the stumbling man. What happened next could be described as comical as the large man tripped over Nicholas's foot and fell flat on his back, knocking his head roughly against the floor. Nicholas then made quick bow and offered his hand to the man on the floor. "Thought you could use a hand." He said with a smirk on his face, though a bit of nervousness was also visible as he kept his eye on the wolf in front of them. The man groaned behind them and was slightly dazed but wasn't out of the fight. However Nicholas hadn't been paying attention behind him to notice the man's lack of unconsciousness, leaving himself exposed to any sort of retaliation.
  2. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

Spluttering, contorting, the battered fiend’s companion scowled through the splurge of his own blood. It spat all over the floor. Pooled around a lost tooth. Ran thick with saliva as its owner growled – almost howled – with fired irritation from his hard bed of polished oak planks. Then with a shaky curl of toned musculature, he rose back up behind the unsuspecting Nicholas like a shadow manifesting long and thick in the trail of a setting sun. He almost laughed. Malice flashed in his eyes and a smile twisted his stained lips. The fingers clawed. The fury inflamed.

Then a hand grabbed his shoulder.

A blow meant for another was clumsily swooped in a wide, bewildered arc backwards. It missed – scarcely – ring-embellished knuckles skimming past a deeply tanned cheek with strings of crimson as it leaned out of the way. Then the wild swing halted, abrupt, firm and captured. A swift snap of something far from pleasant curdled a scream from its victim and the wolf’s friend slammed onto his knees in agony: defeated.

Faust didn’t have much time to prepare anything else. Hands still secured on the crippled mongrel with the deft skill only a knowledgeable doctor – or assassin – could achieve, the chief beast was already heading his way: or rather, their way. While the doctor had just posed the newest threat it was the ignorant redhead who had painted a target on himself – one which the flies never ceased to be drawn to. Faust barely managed to interrupt the wolf’s path with a stretch of a kick, his steel capped boot connecting in almost a caress with his shoulder. It was a laughable attempt really. And laugh the wolf did. Thankfully it at least distracted the beast, and that was exactly what Faust had wanted.

The wolf switched targets and the doctor answered his hungry, gnarled glare with eyes of severe, unwavering black ice. He attacked. Succeeded. Faust was pushed back, stumbling, with a raw jaw and a turned cheek as a result. But then the wolf attacked again. And again. And again. Again. Once more. Twice. Thrice. Half a dozen. Countless times he tried. But the feral beast just couldn’t land another hit!

The snow-haired Hylian wasn’t even dodging or blocking or even fleeing. There was no skill here just plain, spiteful bad luck in its most potent form. No matter how much the wolf roared his adrenaline-fuelled attacks always ended as nothing but futile punches at dust, blundering and pathetically careless like a drunken fool. By this point the toxic, gaseous blue aura which had swelled up from the doctor’s flesh – split seconds before the first hit – had simmered into nothing but plain air: the effect of its hex already inflicted. Now it was time for the entrée.

With bold, unflinching bravery, Faust strode right at the wolf and clean right through his inadequate attempts at a fight while he was it. A hand rose, clenched his thick neck, and without even a whitening of the doctor’s knuckles the wolf’s eyes began to glaze with fatigue. Slowly, gently, like a babe wooed to sleep by some hidden lullaby, the beast could do nothing but gaze up at the man who held him in a lazy stranglehold with a face of rigid, unreadable steel. After what must’ve been around a minute the wolf was out cold, collapsed on the floor next to his whining, weeping friend who still clutched desperately at his useless arm.

And one could swear that, just as Faust allowed the wolf to slip heavily from his enchanted grasp, the doctor had sent an ever so subtle glance back down at Mako with a not so subtle quirk of one eyebrow.

“Well…” Sounded Datura’s voice from behind them all: a little hesitant as she was still finding her words. “I’m not quite sure who I should be thanking the most…!” A hand was at her painted lips and rosy veil, admittedly only there to make sure the startled and overwhelmingly pleased giggle didn’t break through into audible volume. It was hard to hide the delight that gleamed in her golden eyes though as they appraised her knights in all their colours.

Four! Four of them had come to her aid! She almost couldn’t ask for anything more: so much youth too, though one of them in particular was certainly more…matured than the rest, if only by a handful of years. Perhaps some only stepped in for the adrenaline – like perhaps that one boy who’d unmasked himself earlier, as she recognised that look in his eyes – but some, like the ever charming and appropriate Erick had clearly had more compassionate intentions. Regardless, whether they liked it or not they had helped her! And Datura was now very much safe and contented.

“Perhaps…I should order a new round of drinks for you all*?” The Gerudo suggested, bowing forwards to incline a chiming hand towards Mako (if he hadn’t already been helped up) while her eyes charmed grateful smiles towards the rest.

(*Now only Ryu remains, and I'll have captured them all :side:)
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  3. monkeyislandfan1

monkeyislandfan1 Aspiering pun maker and drinker of milk reg

Erick took a heavy sigh "Well crap this was not how I wanted things to go, he didn't even get a chance to respond or let go on his own even." Erick dodged stray attacks as he thought about what was happening. "I mean he was a jerk yes but he should have been given the chance to do the right thing, now were in a fight that might have been avoided because someone in a mask started it, although let's face it a fight was most likely going to occur but at least something was done to prevent it, well he's knocked out now so at least Datura's free."

Erick noticed that the guy formerly in a mask was on the ground, and was going to help until he saw Nicholas had things under control. "Good that guy's down now to see if- oh no." When Erick saw that the guy wasn't unconscious he headed towards him to intercept whatever attack was coming next. However he stopped when he saw the new combatant take over the fight. As the fight continued he was impressed by how easily he dodged the attacks, perhaps too easily. "What the heck, how is this guy missing, this new guy's not even moving? Sure if he missed a few times it would have made sense, the guy could have been drunk but he missed, what is it... heck I lost count HOW IS THIS MANY MISSES POSSIBLE?! Wait what's happening, he's..." As he saw the doctor just toward his attacker and grab his neck his mind tried to think of a reason as to how he did all that until he just gave up trying to figure this out and decided. "There must be a lot more I don't understand about this world, but sooner or later I will."

As the battle finished, Erick walked toward Mako, offering a hand, "Hey you want some help getting up? Sorry about not joining in the fight, I'm not much of a fighter, I would have tried to help you when that guy had his foot on you but Nicholas got there first. Same to you, I was going to help but that other guy got to him first and I didn't want to get in the way." He then heard Datura and her offer for drinks, "Yeah that sounds good thanks for the second offer, and are you okay?"

The purple masked man watched the bar with curiosity, "A bar fight? I did not expect there to be a fight this soon, probably someone with a little too much to drink, no matter, this should be a warm up for him with a fight against people with clear heads. Perhaps I should go in and see what condition he's in, maybe help out a little, but then how is he supposed to learn?"
  4. Gizmo95

Gizmo95 That one nice but occasionally creepy guy. new

To say Nicholas was surprised by the sudden scuffle behind him would have been an understatement. Nicholas stood up straight and looked behind him to see Faust fighting both the lumbering man he assumed had been knocked out and the wolf at the same time. He couldn't even laugh at how laughably one sided the battle became since Faust had taken things into his own hands. Nicholas was in control of his facilities only after the wolf had succumbed to his own fatigue and passed out beside his now disabled friend.

Mako had been helped up by Datura and had simply nodded in response to her offer of a drink and walked back to the bar with a smirk. Nicholas wondered what exactly drove him to attack so suddenly but figured he had enough to deal with for tonight. Nicholas was glad to see Erick ensuring Datura’s well being and let him take care of that end of things. Looking back down at the two men made his stomach slightly clench with the thought of how careless he had been. Then he looked up to his white haired savior and approached with a friendly smile. “Thanks for watching my back. You really saved me from another beating.”

A few farmhands had come out of the crowd to drag the two ruffians out of the bar as Malon screamed at the two and forbade them from returning ever again. His booming voice slowly receding as the two were dragged out and he followed. Malon’s daughter got to work on serving the patrons and had run to the back to serve some fresh pints to the small group that dealt with those two troublemakers.

Returning to Nicholas his hand was stretched out offering a introductory handshake, “I'm Nicholas. What say we go back to my groups table for a few drinks? I'll even pay for yours if you'd allow me to pay you back that way.”

Suddenly Ryu jumped over the bar from the back entrance and looked around bewildered at the lack of a conflict. He hadn't realized that he had witnessed the end of the fight through the window and was suddenly aware that not only was he in a crowd but now the center of attention due to his dramatic entrance. He quickly blanched as his fear of crowds hit him like a tidal wave and was silent as his mind froze up.

(OOC: I had this written like a week ago and didn't realize it never went live when I posted from my cell! I'm terribly sorry for the wait. I got permission to use Ceptus' character simply rewording what was sent to me and basing his reaction what I've seen of him so far. As for Mako, I don't have permission but he has been MIA will be drinking at the bar alone until/if he returns.)
  5. Sinistrari

Sinistrari Devious Grins & Hunter of Synonyms reg

"Faust." The doctor replied, in a habitually gruff tremor of a growl. His sharp eyes scrutinised the boy's face before he accepted the hand with a firm grip and shake. "Faust Dragomir. A doctor by trade."

He looked young: yes, young, but not entirely ignorant. There was a subtle shade of experience in the redhead's vibrant gaze, an expression that the older man recognised with grim silence. He wasn't a fully-fledged warrior by any means, but for a lad so young he had seen more than his fair share of life's conflicts. And judging by the accent he wasn't from around here either. A Southerner, perhaps? That would explain a lot. Though he was far more friendly than a lot of his own kin from those parts.

A little smirk perked at Faust's lips.

"Well you offered." The man warned, accepting Nicholas's offer of a drink. "If you're expecting a polite refusal you won't get anything of the sort from me. Though to be honest just one is stingy: you only get half a mouthful of catpiss." His mouth twisted into a disgruntled scowl, chafed with a scoff.

"But you sure painted a giant target on your arse back there, kid: it wouldn't hurt to make sure that your enemies are completely down and under next time. Not everyone lives through a situation like that. You were lucky it happened within walls."

"Oh scolding the boy already?" Datura chimed in with a lyrical laugh.

She had waded her way through the crowd with lithe and cursive ease, arms overflowing all the while with a wide variety of drinks: judging just on the sheer volume alone, no expense had been spared. Though the content glow of her cheeks was worth noting, as were the looks that were sneaked back at her from some of the folks back at the bar. It appeared that the Gerudo had managed to acquire some of her loot for little more than a suggestive smile and a few honeyed words. Not my fault though: they wanted to buy them! Really now, if it is so truly awful of me to lighten their wallets then they should've kept a tighter hold on them. She never learned her lesson.

Under the sudden warmth of her attention however, Faust had swiftly burnt deep red and rapidly averted his gaze. His jaw had tensed too tight to rebuke her with one of his usual, scathing remarks: all prior confidence swiftly locked behind gritted teeth and an almost painfully furrowed brow. The only thing he could manage was an awkward clear of his throat, though in all honesty that was mostly to mask the pounding antics of his heart - just in case it really was as audible as he feared. He swore he almost suffered cardiac arrest.

"You really shouldn't be so mean to him." The Gerudo continued, playfully pouting at the doctor and soon spinning a sly smile of pleasure at his bashful nature. "Nicholas here helped contribute to my safety, just as you did. Besides, he plays his flute delightfully and any musician of any talent or skill should always be exempt from such harsh words.

"Of course you're an exception too, Erick." She added, practically beaming at him with delighted gratitude. "Thank you: all of you. Really. I really appreciate that you all went out of your way to help me." She laughed again and lied, "It's all a bit embarrassing actually."

At that moment a very late addition to the party abruptly burst onto the scene for all to stare at: the poor awkward sod, Faust laughed. But while the doctor made no movements other than a passive snicker, Datura instead extended one of her bountiful liquid treasures to the child with a sweet, tempting smile. "Why don't you join us too?" She offered compassionately, golden eyes warm with how uncomfortably adorable he was: he looked just like a rabbit under the stare of a predator! How cute!

But really, Faust scoffed, is he even old enough for that stuff? He looks even younger than that weird masked brat!

He wanted to say something about her struggling with all those drinks too or heck even help her himself, but any prior masculinity was still left in some distant corner, thwarted into cowardice by the Gerudo's overbearing grasp on her own gender's charms. He practically incinerated at the mere thought of directly approaching her himself.

So he just...well, stood there.