Amai

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Conroy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Conroy

Conroy New Member new

Hello people of Hyrule Castle. The name is Conroy, at this very moment I am 25 years old and I reside in the Netherlands. I came here from one of those newly affiliate sites "The Sinking Lure" and at this moment I have been RP'ing for about ten years, since 2005 when I was just a little fifteen year old kid. Although I have played lots of RPG's like this, I have never played it in a Legend of Zelda setting, so it should be interesting :o Oh well, nice to meet you all :D
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

NOG EEN NEDERLANDER!

Anyway, welcome to the forum! We're pretty active at the moment, so there's plenty of RPs you can jump into, or you can ask anyone around c: Feel free to come to the cbox or message us if there's anything unclear!
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    SQUISH HAAL ADEM

As Squishy said, feel free to ask anyone for help if things are unclear. Experience teaches that newcomers sometimes struggle to grow used to our (admittedly sort of complex if you're not used to it) character creation system, but with a few pointers here and there just about everyone figures it out.

Out of curiosity, where exactly in the Netherlands are you from? 'Amai' makes me think south, which would make a hilariously lopsided Brabant to above the rivers ratio since Squish and I are both from there too XD
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay!

The others have covered most of it, but yah, feel free to ask questions and I'm sure someone will be around to help ya out.
  5. Conroy

Conroy New Member new

NEE, GEEN BRABANDERS!

Nah, just kidding, as long as you're not from Friesland, it's fine (And that's a joke as well, just in case there are any Friezen over here XP) Anywho, I currently live in Heelsum, near Arnhem, Gelderland :p I was born in Oldenzaal, Twente. I grew up, for the most part, in Emmen, Drenthe and in 2009 I moved to Groningen. 'Amai' is also a mutation from 'moi' which is how the farmers in the north greet each other, so...yeah XP

And thanks, but I do not think I need any help, unless it's totally different from what I'm used to, in which case I will gladly ask for help :p
  6. Squishy

Ahh right, a northerner :P

Yeah, it's best to just start reading the lore and guides, most of it is pretty clear already c: I'm not too sure how different our system is from other forums, since I've not really RPed anywhere else.
  7. Conroy

Conroy New Member new

I'm sure I will be able to answer that in time :p Anyway, how many other dutch people are active on this forum? :p
  8. Squishy

Just me and BP, there used to be a third one a while ago, but they left again.
  9. Conroy

Conroy New Member new

Hmm..too bad. In the good old days, I was very used to RP'ing with dutch people, because my first Zelda RPG was a site that used to be part of a dutch zelda community, but they wanted to attract more players and so they turned into an english Zelda RPG. This was ten years ago, but as you might expect, mostly americans took over :p Not that there is anything wrong with that, I guess most dutch people don't really like keeping themselves occupied with RPG's when they're in their mid-twenties XP Used to play a lot of Dutch Harry Potter-themed RPG's as well XP 't was fun.
  10. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    You guys should totally do a thread in dutch. Not that we would have anyone that could easily grade it, but it would still be great, haha. Also, welcome, Conroy! :)
  11. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Oh my god the grader would have to run the entire thing through google translate and post the results for everyone to marvel at XD
  12. Conroy

Conroy New Member new

I would really love that, though, I'm tired of writing in english XP Nah, just kidding..